2014 9-AAA Off Season Thread

MajorZ

There are still some fixtures in the making with coaches Luna(s), Wilson(s), Kendrick. As for Short, I believe he would have done great things. Benny Bills is a great man as well.

Softball is open but, I believe the assistant principal is just moving on, not let go. Surprising to hear 6 principal openings with 4 being at high schools in Sumner County. 

Hopefully I'm not springing this too early, but it has already been mentioned on Facebook, so here it goes: Wave football assistant head coach Mark Wilson has been named Gallatin's head baseball coach.  He is an excellent teacher, mentor, motivator, and I could go on.  I know this is a football thread, but the baseball team has a bright future ahead with several good young players, and Coach Wilson is an excellent choice to lead them.

EG how ya doin' brother? Hope you and your family are well. 

There are still some fixtures in the making with coaches Luna(s), Wilson(s), Kendrick. As for Short, I believe he would have done great things. Benny Bills is a great man as well.

Softball is open but, I believe the assistant principal is just moving on, not let go. Surprising to hear 6 principal openings with 4 being at high schools in Sumner County.

I admit being 3rd or 4th party here with the "let go" or "moving on". Wasn't meant to demean anyone.

Lots of turnover in Sumner Co. Interesting the outcomes to the positions that are open or opening.

Yeah I know what you mean. Short and Herron were fixtures at Gallatin for a longtime. I have often wondered what it would have been like if Short had not waited one year and took the Gallatin principal ship instead of the Portland job.

Gallatin has or had 2 days ago openings for baseball and softball. Also an assistant principal was let go.

i tell you what would have happened, Portland would not have won the state in football. I know he was the principal, but no way he wasnt instrumental in getting the right folks in the right spot. Hopefully we will be back one day, but, in our district, it is a full uphill climb, almost unfairly. But it is what it is. 

going to be a good summer this year,

I hear that Lebanon is down to 40 players on varsity, and had an o line coach let go last week.

also haven't heard of a replacement for the bears yet at oc. have heard that Duncan threw in the towel. Not sure of the reason why yet, but rumor has it, "wasn't the right fit" for him

Hendersonville gets week 0 Thursday night lights game this year. I believe that's Wc as stated by a previous post by hhs fan. That HHS team should be REALLLLLY good.

then the whole county election in sumner , Hearing some unusual things with admin in that county at 3 high schools and the new director of schools , yes I know there are 4 here, one will not be affected I do not think..  

anyone getting any early interest from colleges? players from around the district?  

Edited by WCP

I hear that Lebanon is down to 40 players on varsity, and had an o line coach let go last week.

also haven't heard of a replacement for the bears yet at oc. have heard that Duncan threw in the towel. Not sure of the reason why yet, but rumor has it, "wasn't the right fit" for him

Hendersonville gets week 0 Thursday night lights game this year. I believe that's Wc as stated by a previous post by hhs fan. That HHS team should be REALLLLLY good.

then the whole county election in sumner , Hearing some unusual things with admin in that county at 3 high schools and the new director of schools , yes I know there are 4 here, one will not be affected I do not think..  

anyone getting any early interest from colleges? players from around the district?

White House is probably the school you are saying is not affected.....Rumors are flying off the charts at the two Hendersonville schools...Nothing has been made public there except they have open spots, even though there are no Administrative Positions posted as Open on the Jobs site with the Schools........

then the whole county election in sumner , Hearing some unusual things with admin in that county at 3 high schools and the new director of schools , yes I know there are 4 here, one will not be affected I do not think..

That is interesting about Duncan. It seemed a natural fit with his dad an assistant principal. Why would you leave SC if you were not gonna stay at your home school?

Anderton and Malone at SC, both are getting attention from the scouts. Banks from Gallatin is attending camps left and right, I also predict several others to follow in his footsteps. There has to be a few from Hendersonville that would be getting looks. The Van Zant brothers from Beech should as well.

I was told that there were budget cuts at MJ and there was not a teaching position available for Coach Duncan. Wish him the best. Word has it that Coach T will be handing the OC duties.