Super 6 plan

randy3116

I love it. DB has had to play terrible teams for the last few years and it just kills us come playoff time. Example: Sullivan Central, Volunteer, David Crockett. Schools we've had no business playing even though we've been forced to. Not nocking these schools but its extremely unfair to them and an injustice to us. Now we will constantly ever week play a team who can beat us. Just like the old Big East conference used to be. Awesome news!!!!! Roll Tribe

So when did the TSSAA start catering to just the largest 32 teams? This plan is going to kill the teams in lower classification due to increase travel times which will result in smaller gates.

It seems to me, this plan was catered to a certain number of schools and the majority of schools will suffer. With all the time the TSSAA has they could not come up with a better plan?

Why not go back to 5 classifications. Create the public/private split. Have three private divisions so you still have your 8 state champions and the TSSAA can make their money.

From a money making point of view it makes alot of sense to cater to the larger schools. Im sure the gate at a Sevier County game is way larger than a game at GP. Money talks. And I bet SH and DB fans will love going to play somebody that can beat them vs davy boone south east central JV games.

GB

Edited by gobears89

The more I look at this plan and study the teams that are left out of 6A that are currently in 6A, I think this is a conspiracy to keep a certain team out of the 6A playoffs.

Fact! No way TSSAA lets Maryville move up. Even if some teams want to move down which I doubt will happen much. I do not see enough teams to drop down to allow Maryville to move up. Why give up automatic playoff spot? 

Well, middle TN.........Nashville area FINALLY found away around Maryville to the championship game. But, The REAL champions will in Blount County!