Super 6 plan

randy3116

Maryville wanting to move up is coach speak. Those coaches are tickled to death to be in 5a. It's about trophies not competition. IMO

If Maryville wants to move up now is the time.  They have had numerous opportunities to test the program against some of the top programs in the country but they always declined the invitation. 

All this is an interesting read. But none of these teams in 6A are set in stone. That will be set later when this years enrollment figures are certified.

I am concerned about my own Bradley, which right now appears to be looking at an enrollment of over 1800 which at this point put's them in Region 1 6A. We were in the Region 2 deal in the 5 classification days and the travel was killer. The crowds of the bigger schools simply did not show up. Gate, which pays the freight for travel, let alone other expenses dropped. The pie in the sky guys don't live in the real world.

And Bradley is going to be the only 6A school in the Chattanooga area, so the only teams available to play close are lower classification and non district. Now comes another kicker. The second longest rivalry in the State is Bradley vs McMinn Co. The other rivalry games are Cleveland, and Walker Valley. The last few years we have had a great series with Polk County. Which of these games, all great money makers do we drop, in favor of traveling 70 to 190 miles one way for District contests.

DB and Science Hill are 3 hour drives at the best of times, and 4 or 5 if there are traffic issues. And I am sure DB and Science Hill fans will look at that, once they figure out Bradley may be in the mix, and not come this way either in the volume they would for a closer school. Frankly I would rather go to Middle TN and deal with them because travel is actually easier for me. But last year Riverdale brought almost no one because the time difference and travel.

Sorry guys, if this falls the way we see it coming, Bradley is really getting the shaft travel wise. And how many fans, of the pure fan type are going to be able to take off from work a half day that many days a season to make those types of drives? Not many, and I would say that the other teams fans will agree on their part. I follow my Bears as closely as I can missing very few games, but this makes me have to back up and say, do I drive 3 or 4 hours or drive 15 or 30 minutes and see one of the other local teams?

If Maryville wants to move up now is the time. They have had numerous opportunities to test the program against some of the top programs in the country but they always declined the invitation.

You got to be kidding?

Guess what.....Maryville is currently 6A and playing in the top class. And, has won the championship many times.

As far as playing top high school team across the country....are you going pay travel expenses for all the team, coaches and staff????

Yea that's what I thought.....now go get back in the little clown car.

If Maryville wants to move up now is the time.  They have had numerous opportunities to test the program against some of the top programs in the country but they always declined the invitation. 

Maryville has been in the top classification in Tennessee for a few years now and done ok. How many other teams in the state are taking advantage of  "numerous opportunities to test the program against some of the top programs in the country"? How many other teams are winning gold balls every other year in the state's highest division of public schools?

Maryville wanting to move up is coach speak. Those coaches are tickled to death to be in 5a. It's about trophies not competition. IMO

Playing in 5A would bore the fans to death at Maryville. This was just a conspiracy for a bunch of teams to run and hide from us. This didn't solve any problems, it made things worse and attendance will suffer. If a team wants to move down then that contradicts the whole purpose of this foolish setup and proves what I'm saying.  Bottom line is the greedy T$$AA is not about to cut back on playoff games by any means and that is the reason for this circus to let every team go to the playoffs. The thing I'm curious about are who the idiots are that would do something this crazy.w9d85i.jpg

Things are that boring in DII ? LOL , It's hilarious to see someone from Brentwood academy showing their envy , really man , you should be above this . 

Maryville has been in the top classification in Tennessee for a few years now and done ok. How many other teams in the state are taking advantage of  "numerous opportunities to test the program against some of the top programs in the country"? How many other teams are winning gold balls every other year in the state's highest division of public schools?

If your goal is to win gold balls every other year then Maryville is ultra successful!  If your goal is to test yourself against the top competition in the country and see just how good you can be then Maryville cannot be included in that conversation.  With it being a global society and everyone having to compete on the world stage I would feel that the Maryville football program would want to see just how good they could be.  It can't be about money because when teams play in big national games on television all of the teams expenses are covered.  Even without the television money Maryville could have played a home and away with Byrnes in South Carolina.  That would only be a short bus ride to play one of the top programs in the country.  Now is the time to play Byrnes as their head coach bolted to the SEC (Auburn) and took his son who was the starting QB with him.  You will never know how good you are until you decide to walk around the block.

Edited by cbg