South Pittsburg and Sale Creek ( Moore man against this Cox man)

Roy Dillard

Roy has simply said what we all know is the truth.  If we can't beat Sale Creek we're doomed.  Well, I'm here to tell you we will vent a great deal of frustration against the Creek.  We may not have a squad that can beat 3A and 4A teams, but I guarantee we will roll against teams like Sale Creek, Lookout Valley, and Whitwell.  Sequatchie and Grundy are possibilities, and Jasper better be ready. 

D60, yous guaranteeing a HEEP, If the Pirates continue to fail in execution Whitwell, Sequatchie and Jasper all will beat the Pirates, with two of the losses decisive.

Here's something that scares me...if the current trend continues we might have trouble even fielding a team in a few years.  1A schools are spreading themselves too thin by offering so many other sports that it's getting increasingly difficult to get a roster of 25+ boys to play football.  Possibly a commie plot to consolidate Richard Hardy, South Pittsburg, Jasper, and Whitwell.

That would be a commie plot. You don't ever want to lose those schools. I don't think that will happen too easily - and certainly hope it wouldn't. I don't know many people from down it that part of the state, but I can tell you people are proud of your schools by some of the posts, especially during the November run.

Here's something that scares me...if the current trend continues we might have trouble even fielding a team in a few years. 1A schools are spreading themselves too thin by offering so many other sports that it's getting increasingly difficult to get a roster of 25+ boys to play football. Possibly a commie plot to consolidate Richard Hardy, South Pittsburg, Jasper, and Whitwell.

That was the plot in Loudon County consolidate rather than build us a new school.But us GB folks fought as hard and as long as we could and we finally got us a new school.This is the plan they are trying to rid theirselves of the small 1A and k-12 schools! Edited by orngnblk

The best thing that could happen in the Seq. Valley would be to consolidate the schools. Kids would have better school, teaching, classes and opportunity. The money allocated to the school systems is spread to thin already. You guys would have a great sports program.

That is a common Myth.  Other problems  get amplified.  Plus, to keep student teacher ratios, you still have to have a base number of teachers.  It cuts down on administration to a point, but increases busing.  The community effect can go away.  With 1100 students, I doubt they would be able to get far in the playoffs in 4a or 5a even if the current 3 teams were merged. 

Edited by rlh

Here's something that scares me...if the current trend continues we might have trouble even fielding a team in a few years.  1A schools are spreading themselves too thin by offering so many other sports that it's getting increasingly difficult to get a roster of 25+ boys to play football.  Possibly a commie plot to consolidate Richard Hardy, South Pittsburg, Jasper, and Whitwell.

Richard Hardy isn't public per se so it would be up to them.  SP could go back to being a City School.  That is kind of what Fayetteville did. 

Here is a question for everyone. Since SP plays Polk and Boyd every season. When was the last time SP, Boyd and Polk were all 0-2 to start a season? I'd say that will take some digging because its been years. Hopefully we can get healthy and find a win against The Creek.

I'll have to check but it would have been mid 70's or before.

I got to watch that replay on tv today. I guess I have to depend on that Goforth man because that Jackson man and Dunwoody man are to lazy to put it on charter. That Goforth man is a better announcer than that Jackson man and Dunwoody man. That Moore man should pay him more money than he does that Jackson man and Dunwoody man and get him to do play by play for our boys. You think im joking but im not.

I agree 1000%