South Pittsburg Coaching

I'm glad I got to play for the Power P and I don't regret moving down here. I've loved it. Just not happy with the way Coach Moore has handled things.

Sometimes it isn't about the individual, its about the team.  The lotion mess should have been cleaned up.  The leadership on the team should have handled that before a coach even saw it.  If you go to college or join the military, you guys better get that squared away.  I am not talking about the ball playing either, I am talkiing about the game of life.  When you disrespect your coach, you disrespect yourself, your team, your school and your community.  Then again, maybe a Big Mac is more important. 

Sometimes it isn't about the individual, its about the team.  The lotion mess should have been cleaned up.  The leadership on the team should have handled that before a coach even saw it.  If you go to college or join the military, you guys better get that squared away.  I am not talking about the ball playing either, I am talkiing about the game of life.  When you disrespect your coach, you disrespect yourself, your team, your school and your community.  Then again, maybe a Big Mac is more important.

Maybe the only thing I have ever agreed with you on........

Great words!

Sometimes it isn't about the individual, its about the team. The lotion mess should have been cleaned up. The leadership on the team should have handled that before a coach even saw it. If you go to college or join the military, you guys better get that squared away. I am not talking about the ball playing either, I am talkiing about the game of life. When you disrespect your coach, you disrespect yourself, your team, your school and your community. Then again, maybe a Big Mac is more important.

Well said! You can't just ease into life. It smacks you right in the face ready or not

This post I'm about to make goes to everyone who is on Coach T concerned about the South Pittsburg Pirates. I made an account on here just for this post. I played in that game Friday and I was on the bus Friday. You may discover who I am. But that's okay because I just want the truth to be revealed by a player who was actually there (me). The truth is this : The team boarded the bus after our game Friday and we were quiet for a while until we realized that there is no reason to be depressed at the moment due to the fact that it would be our last bus ride together as a team because we seniors would be graduating soon. So yeah, we got a little loud. About as loud as a typical bus could be. We then proceeded to pull into McDonalds as expected to get our food that was there waiting for us, already paid for and was still hot. The interior bus lights came on to reveal a few pieces of trash on the floor and some lotion that an underclassman squirted across a window pulling a prank on another underclassman. This was uncalled for and we would have made them clean it up. Apparently coach Moore said to clean it up, however we didn't hear him because we were standing up ready to get off the bus and eat. We were starving since we hadn't ate since around 1:30 that day. So he proceeded to tell us to sit down, he went inside McDonald's and told the assistant coaches to get the food and that we were leaving. (He did not explain why we weren't eating until we were almost home). We then leave the parking lot with no food, and no explanation. Yes, we were angry and said a lot of horrible things to him. One of my teammates went up and asked him why we weren't eating, they had a short conversation and then coach Moore then asked my teammate, "Do you want to have problems at school?!?! If not then you need to sit down!!!" REALLY?! You're going to threaten a senior in high school?! This is one of the many reasons why he has no respect from any of us. Anyways...we continue to gripe almost all the way home and we call our parents. Some of our parents are there waiting for us to return and confront coach Moore about not feeding us after about 8 hours of no food. One female parent in particular was yelling at him and pretty much agreeing that what he did is wrong which angered coach Moore and he began pointing his finger in her face and raising his voice. I then yelled at him and said "You called me sorry earlier this year, well the truth is that you are sorry!!!" I then walked into the field house and there sat our cold hamburgers that we expected 2 hours ago....this is the truth. And this is really what happened. Another thing to add is that in the past 2 years playing for him, he has never said a good thing to any of us, screams at us for no reason, does a horrible job at coaching, and won't even let us defend ourselves in games, HE won't even defend us. I'm glad I'm about to graduate because I don't want to see that man ever again. He is a huge let down. This concludes the end of my post. I just wanted to put the truth out there. Coming from a first hand account.

Son, you just proved part of what Old Pirate posted about several pages back. This Pirate team lacked leadership above all else! Fans know about the issues with last years team and several should have kicked off the team year ago before the investation had time to infect others. The point Old Pirate is making, where was the leadership long before "The Last Bus Ride Home" the truth is If the team had the right kind of leadership that mess would have never happened period . Under classmen, really...the seniors let a younger player make a joke of your last trip? OP can tell you this, OP was surely not in a laughing or playful mood after the game. Truth is it hurt like OP was on his last ride home! Fact is....that could be the last for any fan that sat in the cold to pull for the Pirates because no one has a promise of tomorrow. OP sat on buses after some losses but it was never ever a playfull happy disrespectful time. Sorry ... there is not likely any sympathy coming from those that fought and lost and remember how it felt losing. Heck, it hurt OP so much a trip was taken just to escape! Good luck in life, hopefully other losses in your life be less jubilant! Accountability is something everyone needs not entitlement! Edited by OLD PIRATE
  • Upvote 1

SP does not deserve a coach and man like Coach Moore. A lot of what's wrong with today's youth is parents trying the be friends with their children instead of parents. They should be thanking coach Moore for trying to instil discipline  and accountability with his team. If one of mine made a mess on a bus, the last person they would have to worry about would be Coach Moore.

This post I'm about to make goes to everyone who is on Coach T concerned about the South Pittsburg Pirates. I made an account on here just for this post. I played in that game Friday and I was on the bus Friday. You may discover who I am. But that's okay because I just want the truth to be revealed by a player who was actually there (me). The truth is this : The team boarded the bus after our game Friday and we were quiet for a while until we realized that there is no reason to be depressed at the moment due to the fact that it would be our last bus ride together as a team because we seniors would be graduating soon. So yeah, we got a little loud. About as loud as a typical bus could be. We then proceeded to pull into McDonalds as expected to get our food that was there waiting for us, already paid for and was still hot. The interior bus lights came on to reveal a few pieces of trash on the floor and some lotion that an underclassman squirted across a window pulling a prank on another underclassman. This was uncalled for and we would have made them clean it up. Apparently coach Moore said to clean it up, however we didn't hear him because we were standing up ready to get off the bus and eat. We were starving since we hadn't ate since around 1:30 that day. So he proceeded to tell us to sit down, he went inside McDonald's and told the assistant coaches to get the food and that we were leaving. (He did not explain why we weren't eating until we were almost home). We then leave the parking lot with no food, and no explanation. Yes, we were angry and said a lot of horrible things to him. One of my teammates went up and asked him why we weren't eating, they had a short conversation and then coach Moore then asked my teammate, "Do you want to have problems at school?!?! If not then you need to sit down!!!" REALLY?! You're going to threaten a senior in high school?! This is one of the many reasons why he has no respect from any of us. Anyways...we continue to gripe almost all the way home and we call our parents. Some of our parents are there waiting for us to return and confront coach Moore about not feeding us after about 8 hours of no food. One female parent in particular was yelling at him and pretty much agreeing that what he did is wrong which angered coach Moore and he began pointing his finger in her face and raising his voice. I then yelled at him and said "You called me sorry earlier this year, well the truth is that you are sorry!!!" I then walked into the field house and there sat our cold hamburgers that we expected 2 hours ago....this is the truth. And this is really what happened. Another thing to add is that in the past 2 years playing for him, he has never said a good thing to any of us, screams at us for no reason, does a horrible job at coaching, and won't even let us defend ourselves in games, HE won't even defend us. I'm glad I'm about to graduate because I don't want to see that man ever again. He is a huge let down. This concludes the end of my post. I just wanted to put the truth out there. Coming from a first hand account.

Bottle of lotion? Your joking. What kind off mess is this? I was talking to this man at Ronnies red eye and he said that Grider did not give that Moore man enough money to buy everyone a hamburger so he did not want to pass them out and some boys not get one. You think im joking but im not.