South Pittsburg Coaching

Bottle of lotion? Your joking. What kind off mess is this? I was talking to this man at Ronnies red eye and he said that Grider did not igive that Moore man enough money to buy everyone a hamburger so he did not want to pass them out and some boys not get one. You think im joking but im not.

How could a senior want to eat knowing he played his last high school game? Even the underclassmen knowing they would have to wait to next season to suit up again shouldn't have been hungry.

SP does not deserve a coach and man like Coach Moore. A lot of what's wrong with today's youth is parents trying the be friends with their children instead of parents. They should be thanking coach Moore for trying to instil discipline and accountability with his team. If one of mine made a mess on a bus, the last person they would have to worry about would be Coach Moore.

He's a good man and good coach. I understand the need for you to post. I don't blame you.

How could a senior want to eat knowing he played his last high school game? Even the underclassmen knowing they would have to wait to next season to suit up again shouldn't have been hungry.

I guess you are one of those who believe that because they lost they should be punished by not allowing the players to eat after the game. He stated they last ate at 1:30 PM, played a 3 hour game. I bet you also think they should not have any water to drink either because they lost. Shaking my head at some peoples logic. They do not own the players. 

I guess you are one of those who believe that because they lost they should be punished by not allowing the players to eat after the game. He stated they last ate at 1:30 PM, played a 3 hour game. I bet you also think they should not have any water to drink either because they lost. Shaking my head at some peoples logic. They do not own the players.

Old Pirate is curious....did you play, if so when? Fact is Old Pirate stopped and ate about the same time and sure wasn't hungry after watching that mess and most folks don't like to eat after workouts. Do you go to the gym or run a few miles and come back and eat? The thread talk has shifted to leadership, accountability and respect for other people's property and just plain bad behavior. Respect goes both ways, kids want respect, they have to earn it just like everyone else. Just because they're young does not entitle them to act badly or be disrespectful to others and their property. Admittedly the team was so loud and rowdy no one heard coach Moore when he stood up to address the stop at MD, total lack of respect for coaches, authority and team reputation and tradition. Edited by OLD PIRATE

I didn't say anything about punishing because they lost. I just know my last game I played my senior year which was a loss in the playoffs. Food was the last thing on my mine.You must be one of the mamas.

Well let me add my opinion to all of this. It started in early summer when a group of parents got to somebody and applied enough pressure, one of those has a lot of money and family in the school, another is not so rich but is very vocal and persistent. They succeeded In getting one the best, hardest working coaches I have know runoff. He had a lot of friends associated with the Pirates. Some like me became discouraged and no longer understood how parents could influence a mighty program that I love. It divided our fanbase which lead to a lot of empty seats this fall. Some of you will say suck it up and get behind our team. I agree somewhat with that. I have tried but now other parents see what happened at the end of baseball season and they became emboldened. Now other parents now feel they can bully the administrators into doing as they want. This is a bad cycle that is going to take a strong firceful leader to say enough is enough. I make the decisions and that is the end of it. Before he can do that, though, I think the earlier wrong made back in the summer must be righted .

That boy said they squirted lotion on that Moore mans bus. What kind of mess is that?