Goodpasture Football 2014

Rainwater

Not sure you can just "make the change" to D2.  Also, at Goodpasture you aren't adding 15-20 players immediately.  It's not like these smaller private schools just go add a signing class.   We don't have to use the CPA model to compete.  No one wants to be or likes CPA, and we are not competing with them now....or in the future, and I'm not worried about their program. You simply have to have a competitive program, with an effective coaching staff.  There have been athletes in that school last year that could have helped in football.  Quite frankly, 3-4 kids on the basketball team last season would have been immediate starters.  

You can have a private school model and compete without the shenanigans of living with a pastor, using Nike EYBL teams to attract top talent, or make your basketball coach the admissions director. 

Wow - a little jealous of another school's success are ya?  Those are some wild accusations.  For the sake of argument, go ahead and document right here which kids were living with pastors.  I'd like names and dates please.  And define shenanigans please.  Are you implying that something illegal is going on?

Goodpasture should beat the rush and go D2 next year. Due to the location, they can attract 5-6 players in each class who would otherwise go to Maplewood, hunters Lane or Whitescreek. Add 15-20 players and you compete with anyone in d2-A including Webb. Money is not an issue since there are plenty of people who would support this financially. If all privates go D2 as expected, you better make the change sooner rather than later if you plan on competing with CPA who has raised the bar well over where Goodpasture is now. Funny that CPAs current success is indirectly related to Goodpasture due to the fact the previous football coach at CPA could not beat Goodpasture and CPA admin brought in I. Martin to beat GP. Fact is if GP wants to compete, will need to use the CPA model and spend the cash.

Could be wrong but its my understanding when they made the change to 2A they were locked in for 4 years.

I know a coach that applied for the job when it came open that has won every where he was been. He is a member of the Church of Christ, A Harding Graduate, and his team is currently ranked #1 in class 5A and 6th overall in the state of Arkansas. He was very high on Goodpasture, stating that if he was offered the job it would be where he would retire from. I think it is crazy that after seeing a resume like his that a coach with a below 500 record was hired for a job with the rich tradition of Goodpasture. If I was the administration at Goodpasture I would be giving that guy a call. I know for a fact if anyone can get them back to their winning ways it would be him. If you are curious to who he is look up Wynne High School, in Wynne Arkansas. He has been at Wynne since 2011 and completely turned the program around. Went 15-26 the previous four years before he arrived, in the middle of his fourth year he is 35-7. Good Luck on your search for a new head coach, maybe GP will get if right this time.

Well I do not have a dog in this hunt but I'll say this. Any coach that is thinking of applying for the job needs to read this forum and see what they would be dealing with. It's been quite a witchhunt on here. I think it will have an effect on who takes the job. The supporters of Goodpasture have been quite vicious toward the just fired coach. An old saying, the butt-hole you got might be better than the one your gonna get. Winning takes 100% support thru the good times and the bad. I wish the team and school the best of luck.