Goodpasture Football 2014

Rainwater

That is correct.

Yes that is correct, but that was the year that a few of the players smoked weed at camp after Mr. Perry told Coach Martin to let a young man back on the team after he had been kicked out of school for selling weed. The players at camp were kicked off by Coach Martin, many of them starters and seniors, but again Mr. Perry forced Coach Martin to put them back on the team. From that point forward the team was a mess as the suspended players wanted their starting positions back when they returned.

Yes that is correct, but that was the year that a few of the players smoked weed at camp after Mr. Perry told Coach Martin to let a young man back on the team after he had been kicked out of school for selling weed. The players at camp were kicked off by Coach Martin, many of them starters and seniors, but again Mr. Perry forced Coach Martin to put them back on the team. From that point forward the team was a mess as the suspended players wanted their starting positions back when they returned.

Revcoach, from reading the paper this week it appears the interim coach was Martins right hand man for all those years. It will be interesting to see how the next three games play out. If the interim coach plays Maplewood to within a TD and beats the last two teams, he will have to be considered for the job. No doubt. However, if the team lays three eggs, you won't be able to blame the previous coach no matter how anyone spins this, especially considering the last 2 games are against a 1a and 2a team which Goodpasture should smoke in normal years. Should be interesting.

I am going to laugh when they force all the privates into d2, then all the privates withdraw from the tssaa and make their own. THEN the tssaa will be begging them to come back because they are losing all the precious money out of there pockets.

You don't think Ensworth and the rest would have already done so if they wanted?

CLASS!!!  If you ever want an example of class, you would have to look no further than Coach Mote.  I saw him last night at the game and spoke with him briefly.  I told him how much I appreciated what he did for my son in regards to just showing him how to be a great Christian Man last year and making his senior year memorable for him.  I asked him about what happened and all he said was it just wasn't the right fit for either of us.  He said everyone will be ok just asked me to pray for Goodpasture Football and his family as they both try to find the right fit.  WOW!!!  (On a side note, I also heard his son wanted to quit and Coach Mote encouraged him to finish the season).  You may argue the win-loss record of Coach Mote, but you could never argue about his integrity and Christian Character!!!  THANK YOU COACH MOTE!

• Upvote 1

CLASS!!!  If you ever want an example of class, you would have to look no further than Coach Mote.  I saw him last night at the game and spoke with him briefly.  I told him how much I appreciated what he did for my son in regards to just showing him how to be a great Christian Man last year and making his senior year memorable for him.  I asked him about what happened and all he said was it just wasn't the right fit for either of us.  He said everyone will be ok just asked me to pray for Goodpasture Football and his family as they both try to find the right fit.  WOW!!!  (On a side note, I also heard his son wanted to quit and Coach Mote encouraged him to finish the season).  You may argue the win-loss record of Coach Mote, but you could never argue about his integrity and Christian Character!!!  THANK YOU COACH MOTE!

+1

Agree, He is truly a great guy and walked into a very volatile situation.  I wish him the best, he was handcuffed from the beginning.  Administration told him who he had to hire for starters.

On the Wade issue, It wouldnt surprise me if he showed some interest.  He wants to be a  head coach again and doesnt look like it will happen at Ensworth anytime soon.  Perry may fork out big money to get a name like Wade to save his own job. The big BUT is if Wade is willing to move his son to Goodpasture from Ensworth?  Be interesting to see what happens. 

On the Wade issue, It wouldnt surprise me if he showed some interest.  He wants to be a  head coach again and doesnt look like it will happen at Ensworth anytime soon.  Perry may fork out big money to get a name like Wade to save his own job. The big BUT is if Wade is willing to move his son to Goodpasture from Ensworth?  Be interesting to see what happens. 

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Wade is the "official" coach in waiting at Ensworth.  I'm talking contractually and everything.  Now if the king of egos plans on coaching at E for another 15 years, then Wade may listen to Gpasture, but I'll bet there's a concrete timetable on passing the reins.