Sevier county vs maryville

gobears89

That makes sense. Fumble the first snap, cannot complete a pass to a wide open receiver, and age mean you replace someone who is leading and driving the team like Starz drives his garbage truck. Just think there has to be something else.

You're right. Coach Quarles does have a clue what he is doing. Geez!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question for the SC folks to consider and the Rebels to ponder: Why would Coach Quarles not play #17 much in the second half? He showed poise in the pocket, hit recievers in stride and escaped pressure while still looking down field. Could CQ respect SC and not want to score again? Could CQ not want everyone to think #17 is a better option than Vaught at QB the rests of the season? These are just thoughts not numbers, but the numbers were PRETTY good for #17.

I might be able to help you with your question. GQ knows who works hard and who don't and gives the kid a good chance that does or at least until it's obvious they can't be a help at that position. I know kids on that team that will tell you 15# will give you his all and will do anything you ask that will help the team in anyway and is very well respected on that team by other team mates. That would be throwing that young man under the bus after the fumble at the start of the game and GQ did the right thing in letting him know that was ok and forget about it and go back in and play. He played just fine after that and it helped build confidence. Remember after Tyler got hurt we have no experienced QB's and you have to take a situation like last night to let these boy's work out the bugs.

Edited by BarneySox2007

BS2007 I agree with you 100%. #15 is a quality guy. He is nice to everyone in school and such a good classmate. I am just trying to get people to look at things from different angles and perspectives.

For all of you who say "how could anyone question coach Quarles." Please tell me a great leader who doesn't desire to be questioned. You MUST have someone challenging you to be better. That is just what I think we are all doing on these boards in our own way.

BS2007 I agree with you 100%. #15 is a quality guy. He is nice to everyone in school and such a good classmate. I am just trying to get people to look at things from different angles and perspectives.

For all of you who say "how could anyone question coach Quarles." Please tell me a great leader who doesn't desire to be questioned. You MUST have someone challenging you to be better. That is just what I think we are all doing on these boards in our own way.

ROFL! The Maryville coaching staff does not desire to be questioned. Come to practice one day and see!

Guess I gave our offense too much credit

That could of been a different game had it not been for two or three plays I thought were bad decisions on the coaching staff. Taking it right into the gut of the defense on forth down and short wasn't to good of an idea. Also getting down inside the five and not cashing in hurt also .It seemed to me the QB couldn't hit someone in his on backfield with a screen pass but he could hit on the run great. Why in the world do you not use what worked.

I only question why they run two different QB's on the same drive sometimes. These are not RB's and WR's their QB's. There is a major difference and better chance for mistakes when you operate this way. Then again I'm not on the field coaching but they say I sure do a good job second guessing from row 20.

That could of been a different game had it not been for two or three plays I thought were bad decisions on the coaching staff. Taking it right into the gut of the defense on forth down and short wasn't to good of an idea. Also getting down inside the five and not cashing in hurt also .It seemed to me the QB couldn't hit someone in his on backfield with a screen pass but he could hit on the run great. Why in the world do you not use what worked.

You can't go into a game completely intimidated and expect to be able to perform well. The SC play by play guys admitted that they were playing scared.