GREENBACK @ GCA

orngnblk

It's hard to beat Grace in a close game at home. No rather it's impossible. It is a shame you have to be winning by a big margin to even be safe because I know everyone is tired if hearing it but the refs will rob you blind. Anything and everything they could come up with on us in the 2nd half. They rough our QB twice and no call in first half. We do the same thing and it is a very questionable roughing the passer on us. They call our DC for a 15 yard penalty for sideline interference on Grace's winning drive with not even a warning. McKamey goes wherever he wants on the field. Too bad the Grace kids can't win a clean game without ref interference. They can't get any credit for this win!

Oh come on this really? Sour grapes much? It was a great hard fought game. Talk about bad calls that fumble was garbage. C'mon now there is no need for that.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I ever deserved one right in the mouth, it was that one. That was funny! You're right, that won't cut it past the first round (just like I said last night). If we are lucky enough to make it up to your place, it could be 0-0 early Saturday morning before we just flip a coin...

I pick tails :roflol:

No need for that stuff. This was one of the best games of the series, just like 2 years ago, which as I recall, was exactly what I called for early in the week. I've read your posts, and you know your football. But I also know that we are usually on the short end of the stick as far as the refs go, EVEN at home. If we did get a call here or there, it still doesn't get us back to even for the season. The penalty on the bench is automatic in HS football if the ref runs into a player or coach. No warning is required.

So we can put this and ourselves to bed, the coaches were warned several times, twice in the 4th quarter to stay back off of the white area of the sidelines.  I know because I was there on that sideline with them.  It was an incredible game by two gritty and determined teams.  My guess is GB will go a very long way in 1A if Mr. Anderson gets healthy. Hope he does for his sake. Great player!

It's hard to beat Grace in a close game at home. No rather it's impossible. It is a shame you have to be winning by a big margin to even be safe because I know everyone is tired if hearing it but the refs will rob you

blind. Anything and everything they could come up with on us in the 2nd half. They rough our QB twice and no call in first half. We do the same thing and it is a

very questionable roughing the passer on us. They call our DC for a 15 yard penalty for sideline interference on Grace's winning drive with not even a warning. McKamey goes wherever he wants on the field. Too bad the Grace kids can't win a clean game without ref interference. They can't get any credit for this win!

It's hard to beat Grace in a close game at home. No rather it's impossible. It is a shame you have to be winning by a big margin to even be safe because I know everyone is tired if hearing it but the refs will rob you blind. Anything and everything they could come up with on us in the 2nd half. They rough our QB twice and no call in first half. We do the same thing and it is a very questionable roughing the passer on us. They call our DC for a 15 yard penalty for sideline interference on Grace's winning drive with not even a warning. McKamey goes wherever he wants on the field. Too bad the Grace kids can't win a clean game without ref interference. They can't get any credit for this win!

You know, I was going to stay out of this this year but then I read nonsense like this. I would argue that the coaches were warned. I would go as far as to say they were warned several times. In fact I would say that maybe 2 plays before the penalty, the ref told the coach that if he ran into him, it would be a 15 yd penalty. I'm not just guessing all this happened like you're guessing it didnt; I was standing about 5 ft away from it the whole night. And as far as the kids getting credit? My son and his friends seemed to be having a blast celebrating a great win against a very good football team. I don't think they'll lose too much sleep tonight because you don't think they deserve credit.

So we can put this and ourselves to bed, the coaches were warned several times, twice in the 4th quarter to stay back off of the white area of the sidelines. I know because I was there on that sideline with them. It was an incredible game by two gritty and determined teams. My guess is GB will go a very long way in 1A if Mr. Anderson gets healthy. Hope he does for his sake. Great player!

You definitely would know, you had a front row seat over there with them. Again, in HS football, if an official makes contact with a player or coach, it's an automatic 15 yarder assessed to the HC. If it happens again, it's another 15 and the HC is ejected. That part of the rule seems too extreme to me.

Edited by gcapride

There were some not so great calls against Greenback let's be honest. But that's not what beat GB. Bad play calls beat GB. Being one dimensional beat GB. And man it must be hard to beat anybody with just 7 players...ya know since they only have seniors and no depth! Bet that makes the boys on the sidelines feel pepped up!!

we have depth more than people realize and that is all I am going to say. People would be surprised. I am sick of hearing no depth! Edited by ladykee

No need for that stuff. This was one of the best games of the series, just like 2 years ago, which as I recall, was exactly what I called for early in the week. I've read your posts, and you know your football. But I also know that we are usually on the short end of the stick as far as the refs go, EVEN at home. If we did get a call here or there, it still doesn't get us back to even for the season. The penalty on the bench is automatic in HS football if the ref runs into a player or coach. No warning is required.

if the situation was reversed I am sure your fans would feel the same and we would have felt like we stole one. Let's just be honest. Nothing personal against GCA, but just like 2 years ago we walked away with the same experience. Can GB and GCA not play a game in Knoxville and everyone walk away with controversy. Is it asking too much for the boys to be able on both sides to play a game and walk away with a clear victor uninterrupted from grown men in stripes. I know we won a big one there once a few years back but it seems written in stone somewhere that that will never be allowed to happen under no circumstances. Hate you normally have the short end of the sticks regarding the refs, but why must you always get the long end in our games, lol. in my opinion the stripes stripped GCA of a chance of a solid win. Who knows how things would have played out. Maybe the same and then I would give all the credit where it was due. Just a shame the whole game went down like that. It was however a great game!

if the situation was reversed I am sure your fans would feel the same and we would have felt like we stole one. Let's just be honest. Nothing personal against GCA, but just like 2 years ago we walked away with the same experience. Can GB and GCA not play a game in Knoxville and everyone walk away with controversy. Is it asking too much for the boys to be able on both sides to play a game and walk away with a clear victor uninterrupted from grown men in stripes. I know we won a big one there once a few years back but it seems written in stone somewhere that that will never be allowed to happen under no circumstances. Hate you normally have the short end of the sticks regarding the refs, but why must you always get the long end in our games, lol. in my opinion the stripes stripped GCA of a chance of a solid win. Who knows how things would have played out. Maybe the same and then I would give all the credit where it was due. Just a shame the whole game went down like that. It was however a great game!

Referee situation is nothing new, the association in knox county seems to be always bias towards a school in knox county when playing out of county teams...and that goes all the way back to when we played Webb and Catholic several years ago.  An the same type of thing will happen when you play anyone in the Chattanooga area as well...THE REAL 12TH MAN.

Edited by cherokean

WE lost a game we could have won.We DID NOT make plays when we needed to in stretch.Refs or no Refs its on us as a team to make the plays.I am bailing on this on its heading in a wrong direction.These kids read this and all we need is for more drama to tear a real good team apart.Of course i wish things would have went better but it it what it is!This team can make alot of noise it we get behind them.