9-AAA part 2

MJGOLDENBEARS

Are you all talking about Metro teams as a whole or just Hillsboro? Just curious because in the last ten years, Hillsboro is around 7-3 against Wilson County and Sumner County schools. They were beaten by Beech one year and Gallatin two years. Other than those three its been all Hillsboro beating teams like Mt. Juliet, Beech, Gallatin, and Portland. If you are comparing counties lets compare Hillsboro and Overton to Portland. You have to compare apples to apples fellas. I know you all are biased but Hillsboro can hang with your best. The other metro schools in the proposed district, no.

Metro teams as a whole. Hillsboro has not beaten Gallatin since 1966 like it was said before. Can they? Sure, will they? Probably once in a while but I do not expect a bunch of metro wins no matter who they are against Sumner Co teams. Sorry but the past reflects this trend. Face it there are a lot of differences between the two.

that line of thinking is what I would expect but not accurate. Basing a varsity off of a 9th grade is a huge flaw. Gallatin's seniors won what one game as freshmen and how many did they win this year? One year you have linemen, one year you have backs, one year a great kicker, it takes all the pieces my friend. As eers likes to say it's all about matchups. Gallatin would have beaten Columbia and Beech would have lost to Springfield. It's conjecture but that's the way I see it.

I do agree that Station Camp will be way down. Cane Ridge, Hillsboro, Glencliff and Hunters Lane will all be chasing Hendersonville, Beech and Gallatin.

I would agree that freshman and middle school numbers don't necessarily equate to varsity success.

Hville's current senior class I believe went 2-14 as 8th graders and went 4-4 as freshmen. Kids have to be willing to work, be coachable, and have a great coaching staff mentoring them. On this group all 3 have happened. Of our 25 seniors it looks like at least 6-8 of them will have an opportunity to play at some level next year. On the other end of the spectrum the team that dominated us as freshmen did not do as well this year.

Since we're talking about districts/Regions or whatever. My dream one would be..

Hendersonville

Beech

Gallatin

MJ

Station Camp

Whitehouse

Springfield

And one of Wilson Central, Portland JPII or Goodpasture

Man oh Man what a district.  That would be like the SEC where you play a top fleet opponent every week.  And every game would have a crowd on both sides since all travel well.  So that means..........................it will never happen

I would agree that freshman and middle school numbers don't necessarily equate to varsity success.

Hville's current senior class I believe went 2-14 as 8th graders and went 4-4 as freshmen. Kids have to be willing to work, be coachable, and have a great coaching staff mentoring them. On this group all 3 have happened. Of our 25 seniors it looks like at least 6-8 of them will have an opportunity to play at some level next year. On the other end of the spectrum the team that dominated us as freshmen did not do as well this year.

I agree with this also. MJ's senior class this year was undefeated as freshman and JV. As 7 and 8th graders they lost two games each of those years to MBA and Brentwood Academy in close games. From the 7and 8th grade team MJ lost some  very good players. Two lineman ( 6'7 295 - Woods ( FCA )  and 6'6 280- Mitchell ( MBA ) ; and very good RB/LB ( Taylor ) to FCA.

This class had 54 playing freshman ball and ended up with only 16 seniors.

How many did Hendersonville lost from their freshman team when seniors were freshman? I always find it interesting as to many kids drop from freshman to seniors.

Edited by BKisler

Gwave I agree there are a lot of differences. However you can't take away from the success that Hillsboro has had. Undefeated right now and one gold ball under blade and one under coach a.

I never have, in fact I stated just recently on one of these threads going 10-0 is a feat no matter who you play at any level. My contention is that do not expect that to be a trend when playing Sumner Co schools consistently. Metro just does not fare well in region play against nonmetros overall. Every once in a while but not over the long haul.

I believe Hillsboro will step in and take MJ's place as a perennial contender in 6-5A.  I have a lot of respect for Hillsboro's tradition and they seem to always be loaded with athletes.  If I remember correctly, the only year Beech has beaten them in the playoffs recently was 2012. I do believe 10-0 seasons will be much harder for them to come by than they are in their current district. PRetty sure their schedule won't be ranked 111 out of 114 like it is this year. No disrespect meant to anyone, but Glencliff and Hunter's Lane will be about like Portland and Lebanon (except for the increased police presence).  Will Cane Ridge be able to be as good as WC? As mentioned earlier, lots of things will have to change.  Gates will suffer greatly, atmosphere won't be nearly as good.  I hope Beech keeps MJ on the schedule and picks White House back up since non-region games won't affect your seeding. 

Edited by tandem

It seems hard to believe that Hunters Lane and Glencliff can never have a successful season. Lots of athletes! Lack of coaching, discipline and I would take a shot in the dark that metro schools don't look much into the weight room. However I will say the comparison of Glencliff and Hunters Lane to Lebanon and Portland is relatively close. Although Glencliff and Hunters Lane being a tad better, and having a tad more potential year in and year out. However, it will be exciting playing new teams, I'm still bitter about losing some of the long time foes. Also threads will be a lot quieter when we play those metro teams. I don't think I've seen a fan of any of those teams since Coacht began.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

I believe Hillsboro will step in and take MJ's place as a perennial contender in 6-5A. I have a lot of respect for Hillsboro's tradition and they seem to always be loaded with athletes. If I remember correctly, the only year Beech has beaten them in the playoffs recently was 2012. I do believe 10-0 seasons will be much harder for them to come by than they are in their current district. No disrespect meant to anyone, but Glencliff and Hunter's Lane will be about like Portland and Lebanon (except for the increased police presence). Will Cane Ridge be able to be as good as WC? As mentioned earlier, lots of things will have to change. Gates will suffer greatly, atmosphere won't be nearly as good. I hope Beech keeps MJ on the schedule and picks White House back up since non-region games won't affect your seeding.

I'm fixing to make some people mad but honestly I did not consider MJ a perennial contender. They had 2 of their best ever a few years back but other than that not more than average in this district. Nobody was more consistent than Beech and Hendersonville.