8-AA Girls

uknow22

Im not kidding, don't count Macon out just yet. They havnt played their best ball. This is going to be a fun season!

I was told by a good friend of mine at macon that the team has some players but  i have'nt seen much.When they played L.A. they looked like they were just there trying to just get threw 4 quarters and go home so it's hard for me to beleive you.

I

I was told by a good friend of mine at macon that the team has some players but  i have'nt seen much.When they played L.A. they looked like they were just there trying to just get threw 4 quarters and go home so it's hard for me to beleive you.

I can understand your thinking. I believe if they put it all together they could be contenders. They looked like they had no purpose when I saw them. Driver wasn't playing that game.

I

I can understand your thinking. I believe if they put it all together they could be contenders. They looked like they had no purpose when I saw them. Driver wasn't playing that game.

Macon had driver and anderson out against la.This team has got a chance to be good down the stretch but the players and coach have got to want it more than they are showing.Driver is back after injury and should help spark this team.I  have to agree with you macon has not played their best yet. Question is are they going to? Im not sure.

LA was a shocker. I think SC and UH might end up the two best teams come district tourn.

I disagree. LA, CM, & SC are the ones that will end up at the top & prob in that order. LA has always struggled somewhat in SC. Alot of people seem to think because of LA's depth & the fact that Brown & Lamb are off the bench, that their absence isn't a huge loss. Just because they come off the bench, doesn't mean they are not 2 of the top 5. Coach Riddle has the luxury of starting the seniors & managing minutes for the younger ones. These girls put their time in to earn a starting position. This is how she reloads every year & why the starting point guard at UHS is there instead of staying home & playing at LA. Lamb causes matchup problems for most teams & will be the district player of the year next year & Brown will get the honor the following year. They have that kind of talent! If they are back when SC comes to LA or a neutral crt, then look for a different outcome. Nevertheless, SC got a good win this time.

I disagree. LA, CM, & SC are the ones that will end up at the top & prob in that order. LA has always struggled somewhat in SC. Alot of people seem to think because of LA's depth & the fact that Brown & Lamb are off the bench, that their absence isn't a huge loss. Just because they come off the bench, doesn't mean they are not 2 of the top 5. Coach Riddle has the luxury of starting the seniors & managing minutes for the younger ones. These girls put their time in to earn a starting position. This is how she reloads every year & why the starting point guard at UHS is there instead of staying home & playing at LA. Lamb causes matchup problems for most teams & will be the district player of the year next year & Brown will get the honor the following year. They have that kind of talent! If they are back when SC comes to LA or a neutral crt, then look for a different outcome. Nevertheless, SC got a good win this time.

Always play who deserves to play, whether freshman or senior. under classman play better than upper classman don't sit under classman just because upperclassman has paid the dues. This is not a union- ship, this is real world. "stay thirsty my friend" applies to the kids on the court trying to get playing time regardless of class rank.

Always play who deserves to play, whether freshman or senior. under classman play better than upper classman don't sit under classman just because upperclassman has paid the dues. This is not a union- ship, this is real world. "stay thirsty my friend" applies to the kids on the court trying to get playing time regardless of class rank.

I would like to add one more comment: Lets tackle the reload comment .. La always reloads , yes,why? Overton county pulls from Hilham,Allons,Rickman,Wilson, and Livingston Middle. La enrollmant is 1000+.. Everyone else they are competing against in district 8-aa.. pulls from one, maybe two, middle schools and enrollment is between 550-750 Kids. According to these statistics , La should dominate and win this district in every sport .

I would like to add one more comment: Lets tackle the reload comment .. La always reloads , yes,why? Overton county pulls from Hilham,Allons,Rickman,Wilson, and Livingston Middle. La enrollmant is 1000+.. Everyone else they are competing against in district 8-aa.. pulls from one, maybe two, middle schools and enrollment is between 550-750 Kids. According to these statistics , La should dominate and win this district in every sport .

a lot of truth to this. Enrollment number factor a lot. Not as much as say in football with 22 starters, but still it matters some what.

Wilson goes to Monterey, always a couple of good players from Allons goes to Pickett. Several good atheletes that could end up at Cookeville go to Upperman (like the two bros).... This could go on & on. Numbers of students does factor in but look at Clarkrange. Great coach but you can't tell me that Lamar doesn't get good talent that isn't from their normal pool of students. If number of students plays such a role than I guess Cookeville should be a state powerhouse in all sports! So don't come with that same ole song & dance. LA does have good feeder programs & that does play a role in the reload. My point was that Lamb & Brown were sorely missed.

Guest AllBlue

Lamb is my favorite player. She is physical, out hustles everyone on the floor, and nearly impossible to stop when she goes to the bucket with her left hand. Brown is still raw but the talent is there. I think she makes a lot of clumsy mistakes but she will polish up by end of year. I agree with POY potential in both.

Lamb is my favorite player. She is physical, out hustles everyone on the floor, and nearly impossible to stop when she goes to the bucket with her left hand. Brown is still raw but the talent is there. I think she makes a lot of clumsy mistakes but she will polish up by end of year. I agree with POY potential in both.

Dead-on assessment! I can tell you know the LA program. Lamb shows flashes of brilliance on both ends & Brown will be a scorer.

Wilson goes to Monterey, always a couple of good players from Allons goes to Pickett. Several good atheletes that could end up at Cookeville go to Upperman (like the two bros).... This could go on & on. Numbers of students does factor in but look at Clarkrange. Great coach but you can't tell me that Lamar doesn't get good talent that isn't from their normal pool of students. If number of students plays such a role than I guess Cookeville should be a state powerhouse in all sports! So don't come with that same ole song & dance. LA does have good feeder programs & that does play a role in the reload. My point was that Lamb & Brown were sorely missed.

Interesting topic.just saying anything less than first place in district 8-aa for La girls basketball is an unsuccessfull season based on the numbers. Lets say every school has 10 players on each team. Allons 10, Hilham 10, La 10, Rickman 10, Wilson 10. That is 50 kids getting to play organized basketball and getting groomed for the high school. Sure some kids that will not   get to play will have to transfer come High school time. Now how can any other school in the district 8-aa compete with the Overton county farm system? u cant ... to simplify Cookeville is  pulling from 3 middle schools Algood, Prescott, Avery trace and playing "AAA" ball.. So that is 30 kids vs La 50 kids. and La plays AA ball . Statistically, u should win district and make State tournament every year, its all in the numbers.. same as Clarkrange which is cherry picking all off Fentress county and now  North cumberland county and playing "A" ball.. That is reason why York struggles, some of  their players are at Clarkrange playing for Lamar..