8-AA Girls

uknow22

I would argue both have benefited from a great elementary/middle school talent pool.

Most (90%) of the developing is already done by the time a kid is a freshman.

How many have either had that were just mediocre as freshman that turned into all area or all state players after their sophomore years?. Their great players were for the most part great players in elementary and middle school.

I am NOT saying either is not good, Just saying talent makes coaching much easier.

They are both very involved with their feeder schools. I know Brown used to coach them.

I would argue both have benefited from a great elementary/middle school talent pool.

Most (90%) of the developing is already done by the time a kid is a freshman.

How many have either had that were just mediocre as freshman that turned into all area or all state players after their sophomore years?. Their great players were for the most part great players in elementary and middle school.

I am NOT saying either is not good, Just saying talent makes coaching much easier.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about.  Up until just recently Coach Brown coached the 5th,6th,7th,8th and high school teams and still coaches the 7th and 8th grade part of the time and i guarantee you Lamar Rogers is the same way, he knows all about his players from the time they enter the school as a first grader just like Coach Brown. So everything you just said went right out the window.  If you think for one second Jackson County and Clarkrange won so many state championships without great coaching, then you're either ignorant, stupid or just a hater.  I'm picking all 3 but that's just me..... :popcorneater:

Edited by UCSportsFan

They haven't played in 10 years. I don't think SC/JC history was in this discussion. I remember when JC was lucky to win 5 games. Back on point...how long has PC's coach been there? What is his record against JC?

I know he's been there since at least 08.  His record isn't very good against them to be honest but I don't know any that actually have a winning record against Coach Brown that have played him on a regular basis. However he has beaten him twice when it mattered.  Last year on a hail mary from beyond half court to send it into overtime and eventually winning in double overtime.  In 09 they just outplayed us plain and simple.  I'm sure TnHoser will say that's just talent and would have nothing to do with coaching.  Before Coach Brown became JC's head coach they barely won 2 games a year.  Was that just talent then as well?   :huh:

Edited by UCSportsFan

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Up until just recently Coach Brown coached the 5th,6th,7th,8th and high school teams. So everything you just said went right out the window. If you think for one second Jackson County and Clarkrange won so many state championships without great coaching, then you're either ignorant, stupid or just a hater. I'm picking all 3 but that's just me..... :popcorneater:

The "King of all Homers" thinks I'm a hater. That's pretty rich. All i said was it's easier to coach talent. Any fool (except you) would agree with that. As far as ignorant or stupid, you are entitled to your opinion, it's America.

Mine is you are a joke. You act like Brown and Roger's would win the Triple Crown riding plow mules!

Brown better get back hands on with the elementary program because the pool of talent will be a puddle after this year. And guess what, when that happens Brown will struggle too, and when he does that doesn't mean he is any better or worse a coach than he was before.

And Roger's is about as involved with elementary player development in Fentress Co as you are. That is a fact.

Again didn't say either one was not a great coach but it's pretty insane to argue that they have not had the best talent by far compared to the other area schools.

Talent has made Brown and Rogers great coaches.

Not saying either is not a great coach, but talent makes bad coaches good, good coaches great and great coaches legendary.

Think it's safe to say they both have some great talent over the past couple decades.

You could've put Bobo the chimp on either ones bench and the monkey would've won a heck of a lot of games.

No disrespect too either but the truth is the truth.

How can you get on here under a fictitious name and say these things are truth when they are flat out lies?  You think bobo the chimp could have beaten the 00 team from Upperman or all those great teams from Upperman and Livingston Academy in 00, 01, 02, 03?  Not to mention all the other great teams from across the state from then until now?   You think bobo the chimp could have beaten the #1 ranked team in the nation with Dateline NBC at the game?  You just confirmed you're an idiot.  :popcorneater:

Edited by UCSportsFan

The "King of all Homers" thinks I'm a hater. That's pretty rich. All i said was it's easier to coach talent. Any fool (except you) would agree with that. As far as ignorant or stupid, you are entitled to your opinion, it's America.

Mine is you are a joke. You act like Brown and Roger's would win the Triple Crown riding plow mules!

Brown better get back hands on with the elementary program because the pool of talent will be a puddle after this year. And guess what, when that happens Brown will struggle too, and when he does that doesn't mean he is any better or worse a coach than he was before.

And Roger's is about as involved with elementary player development in Fentress Co as you are. That is a fact.

Again didn't say either one was not a great coach but it's pretty insane to argue that they have not had the best talent by far compared to the other area schools.

Now that i see you're from Fentress County i can understand your disdain for both coaches.  You're clearly a fan of York, and your teams have been unable to beat Jackson County for the most part and you're clearly biased against Rogers for pulling girls to his program that is in the same county.  As to your statement about having the best talent by far?  No one has had more talent around here than Upperman and Livingston and we ALL KNOW THAT! You're a joke, Get a life... :popcorneater:

Edited by UCSportsFan

How can you get on here under a fictitious name and say these things are truth when they are flat out lies? You think bobo the chimp could have beaten the 00 team from Upperman or all those great teams from Upperman and Livingston Academy in 00, 01, 02, 03? Not to mention all the other great teams from across the state from then until now? You think bobo the chimp could have beaten the #1 ranked team in the nation with Dateline NBC at the game? You just confirmed you're an idiot. :popcorneater:

Show me were I said good old Bobo would win ANY championships or beat ANY particular team or have Dateline NBC attend a game.... YOU said that, not me

I...will...talk...slowly....so...you...might...better...understand...and...I...will...try...not...to...use...big...words...

I said with the talent they both have had that the monkey would've won a lot of games. Don't exaggerate what I said.

You are really funny.

Now that i see you're from Fentress County i can understand your disdain for both coaches. You're clearly a fan of York, and your teams have been unable to beat Jackson County for the most part and you're clearly biased against Rogers for pulling girls to his program that is in the same county. As to your statement about having the best talent by far? No one has had more talent around here than Upperman and Livingston and we ALL KNOW THAT! You're a joke, Get a life... :popcorneater:

You need to take your medication and relax....

You act like i have cussed Jackson County and Clarkrange basketball. When all i said was talent is easier to coach.

I don't have a dog in either fight. Just stated my opinion that a lot of objective people share. That may be the problem, you are anything but objective. You always resort to calling anyone who doesn't share your opinion stupid, ignorant etc.

As far as Lamar getting talent from the North end, more power to him. But you are a fool if you think he would've won near the number of games he has without them. I have a kid that may play for him in a couple of years, or may go to York. That is her choice, but wherever she chooses to go it won't change what I said or believe.

Jackson Co is no concern to me. I am not going to crown Brown the greatest basketball mind in history because he won a number of state championships, any more than I will think he sucks when after this year the talent dries up and his record isn't what it once was..

I don't know how you do it, but you are still getting funnier.

You need to take your medication and relax....

You act like i have cussed Jackson County and Clarkrange basketball. When all i said was talent is easier to coach.

I don't have a dog in either fight. Just stated my opinion that a lot of objective people share. That may be the problem, you are anything but objective. You always resort to calling anyone who doesn't share your opinion stupid, ignorant etc.

As far as Lamar getting talent from the North end, more power to him. But you are a fool if you think he would've won near the number of games he has without them. I have a kid that may play for him in a couple of years, or may go to York. That is her choice, but wherever she chooses to go it won't change what I said or believe.

Jackson Co is no concern to me. I am not going to crown Brown the greatest basketball mind in history because he won a number of state championships, any more than I will think he sucks when after this year the talent dries up and his record isn't what it once was..

I don't know how you do it, but you are still getting funnier.

Hold on a second you made ANOTHER statement here that is false yet you choose not to address it, instead you want to try to make fun of me.  Easily done behind a computer but lets address the lies that you're spouting.  You said and i quote (Again didn't say either one was not a great coach but it's pretty insane to argue that they have not had the best talent by far compared to the other area schools)  No one has had more talent than Upperman or Livingston Academy around these parts year over year and anyone that knows basketball will back me up on that!  You're using another name on here than you used to and i know that, i just feel sorry for the child that has to call you a parent.  What a sad life it must be for her....I think the one that needs medication is you.  Why get on here and belittle the great accomplishments these two fine coaches have had throughout their careers?  If you're going to get on a public website and do something like this at least have the balls to tell us who you really are so we can do the same to you.  I'm sure you'll come back with something like...oh i didn't say they weren't great coaches or they can't coach etc... but in fact you did.  Your statements give more credit to talent than coaching, you are trying to minimize their abilities as a coach, along with all the years of hard work they've put into developing a program and give most of the credit to the players.  What a sad individual you must be.  I really do feel bad for your daughter.  You asked how many players these coaches have developed since their freshman years?  Too many to count i can guarantee you that! Its really sad that there are individuals out there like yourself that will get on a public website and put down good men like Coach Brown and Coach Rogers.  You need help that's all i'm going to say...   :popcorneater: 

Edited by UCSportsFan

Hold on a second you made ANOTHER statement here that is false yet you choose not to address it, instead you want to try to make fun of me. Easily done behind a computer but lets address the lies that you're spouting. You said and i quote (Again didn't say either one was not a great coach but it's pretty insane to argue that they have not had the best talent by far compared to the other area schools) No one has had more talent than Upperman or Livingston Academy around these parts year over year and anyone that knows basketball will back me up on that! You're using another name on here than you used to and i know that, i just feel sorry for the child that has to call you a parent. What a sad life it must be for her....I think the one that needs medication is you. Why get on here and belittle the great accomplishments these two fine coaches have had throughout their careers? If you're going to get on a public website and do something like this at least have the balls to tell us who you really are so we can do the same to you. I'm sure you'll come back with something like...oh i didn't say they weren't great coaches or they can't coach etc... but in fact you did. Your statements give more credit to talent than coaching, you are trying to minimize their abilities as a coach, along with all the years of hard work they've put into developing a program and give most of the credit to the players. What a sad individual you must be. I really do feel bad for your daughter. You asked how many players these coaches have developed since their freshman years? Too many to count i can guarantee you that! :popcorneater:

Haha, that was your best yet. Just when I think you can't be a bigger clown you somehow dig deep within yourself and find a way.

You want to question my parenting because i said talent is easier to coach? Ask Brown if its easier to coach Jaycee Coe and win or replace her with the 8th man from Sunbright and win?. Maybe you will believe him.

And for the record I have had the same name on here since I signed up a couple years ago, another funny statement though.

You want to personally attack me over something this trivial. You are a piece of work. And that is the funniest thing you have said yet.

And I am pretty sure UCSportsFan isn't on your birth certificate.

Why you taking things so personal? You act like I cussed a family member. If anybody in this deal is a keyboard Hercules it has been you.

I haven't brought your family into it and it would be asinine for me to do so, I would appreciate the same in return.

Haha, that was your best yet. Just when I think you can't be a bigger clown you somehow dig deep within yourself and find a way.

You want to question my parenting because i said talent is easier to coach? Ask Brown if its easier to coach Jaycee Coe and win or replace her with the 8th man from Sunbright and win?. Maybe you will believe him.

And for the record I have had the same name on here since I signed up a couple years ago, another funny statement though.

You want to personally attack me over something this trivial. You are a piece of work. And that is the funniest thing you have said yet.

And I am pretty sure UCSportsFan isn't on your birth certificate.

Why you taking things so personal? You act like I cussed a family member. If anybody in this deal is a keyboard Hercules it has been you.

I haven't brought your family into it and it would be asinine for me to do so, I would appreciate the same in return.

So you want to choose one player on one team now instead of his whole body of work?  Which is it?  You can't have it both ways.  You act as if i'm mad at you, i'm not.  I just feel its wrong to get on a public website and put down a coach or coaches that have built great programs like these two have.  You call me a homer yet i'm not from Clarkrange, so that makes no sense.  Just stop what you're doing and this will end here and we'll leave it at that's your opinion, deal?

Edited by UCSportsFan

So you want to choose one player on one team now instead of his whole body of work? Which is it? You can't have it both ways. You act as if i'm mad at you, i'm not. I just feel its wrong to get on a public website and put down a coach or coaches that have built great programs like these two have. You call me a homer yet i'm not from Clarkrange, so that makes no sense. Just stop what you're doing and this will end here and we'll leave it at that's your opinion, deal?

I didn't say they were not great coaches. I said talent makes it easier to win... Period.

Then you take that as a personal slam on Brown.

Both their records prove they are as good as there is in the state. Not arguing that at all.

But would either have been as successful without the talent they had?. I don't think they would've been. That's my opinion, you don't have to agree with it, but for you to take personal offense by that is more of a reflection on you than it is on me.

But you and you alone brought the parenting of my 7th grade kid into a conversation about a couple of basketball coaches. That is a you problem. Pretty classy move. Wear it, be proud of it.