8-AA Girls

uknow22

I didn't say they were not great coaches. I said talent makes it easier to win... Period.

Then you take that as a personal slam on Brown.

Both their records prove they are as good as there is in the state. Not arguing that at all.

But would either have been as successful without the talent they had?. I don't think they would've been. That's my opinion, you don't have to agree with it, but for you to take personal offense by that is more of a reflection on you than it is on me.

But you and you alone brought the parenting of my 7th grade kid into a conversation about a couple of basketball coaches. That is a you problem. Pretty classy move. Wear it, be proud of it.

You most certainly did say that. You have insinuated the only reason they have won is because of talent alone. You have also stated that they have had more talent than anyone in this area which is a lie. Why is it any different for you to lie about and belittle two great coaches than for me to bring your parenting skills into question? Obviously talent helps but to say neither Brown or Rogers develops their players anymore than they were as freshman is asinine. Edited by UCSportsFan

Here you go, one last time.

Do I think both maximize their talent?. Their records say they do.

Do I think they won more games because they had better talent? Yes without question.

Hypothetically, let's say both teams are mediocre at best in a couple years, does that mean both coaches are doing a poor job? No, it means the talent dried up most likely.

That is my point.

I don't know that much about Jackson County. I know they have been the measuring stick for a good number of years along with Clarkrange. I also know they have had more than their share of talent during that period. Does that make Brown or Lamar any better or worse as a coach? I haven't said that. Just said anybody would have won quite a few games with the talent they've had. You make it sound like any other coaches would've been lucky to win 10 games a year with the same talent, I don't think that's the case.

Just because I have not or will never drink the Jackson County or Clarkrange kool-aid doesn't mean I am wrong, it also doesn't mean everyone that doesn't agree with me is a fool. That's their opinion.

Is Calipari a great coach? He ought to be, 95% of the time he has the most talent. Doesn't mean he doesn't do a good job, but talent is a very large factor in his success. Same thing applies to Brown and Lamar.

Just have to sit back I guess and wait for the Big Blue Nation to attack my parenting skills because I said Cal has the most talent. Now do you get my point?

Most teams in the district has benefited from transfers whether its single a or double and triple a. Both coach Brown and coach Rodgers are excellent coaches . Lets stay on point that if any player like coe or leonard wanted to go to any program coaches would welcome them with open arms. Good luck to the kids on a great season.

Here you go, one last time.

Do I think both maximize their talent?. Their records say they do.

Do I think they won more games because they had better talent? Yes without question.

Hypothetically, let's say both teams are mediocre at best in a couple years, does that mean both coaches are doing a poor job? No, it means the talent dried up most likely.

That is my point.

I don't know that much about Jackson County. I know they have been the measuring stick for a good number of years along with Clarkrange. I also know they have had more than their share of talent during that period. Does that make Brown or Lamar any better or worse as a coach? I haven't said that. Just said anybody would have won quite a few games with the talent they've had. You make it sound like any other coaches would've been lucky to win 10 games a year with the same talent, I don't think that's the case.

Just because I have not or will never drink the Jackson County or Clarkrange kool-aid doesn't mean I am wrong, it also doesn't mean everyone that doesn't agree with me is a fool. That's their opinion.

Is Calipari a great coach? He ought to be, 95% of the time he has the most talent. Doesn't mean he doesn't do a good job, but talent is a very large factor in his success. Same thing applies to Brown and Lamar.

Just have to sit back I guess and wait for the Big Blue Nation to attack my parenting skills because I said Cal has the most talent. Now do you get my point?

You are now comparing JC and CR to a men's college team? For real? Say what you want but you don't win championships without great coaching. Tell you what get your hands on the Upperman/JC game film and tell me a great coach can't beat a far more talented team. 👠Edited by UCSportsFan

Jesus, it was an analogy.

And you sure don't win them without a lot of talent.

You're comparing apples and oranges is my point. You're all over the map so it's clear you don't really know much about either of these coaches you've just formed your own personal opinion which you're entitled to. What is not ok with me is when people like yourself get on a public forum and call them out by name and try to diminish what they've done and at the same time say things that are not true. I just don't get why you feel it necessary to do that. â˜¹ï¸ Edited by UCSportsFan

You're comparing apples and oranges is my point. You're all over the map so it's clear you don't really know much about either of these coaches you've just formed your own personal opinion which you're entitled to. What is not ok with me is when people like yourself get on a public forum and call them out by name and try to diminish what they've done and at the same time say things that are not true. I just don't get why you feel it necessary to do that. ☹ï¸

You act like I said they both suck.

So if anyone gets on here and says Lamar and Brown are the greatest to ever grace a bench they are correct?. Why, because you think they are?

Give me a break. You act like I verbally slandered somebody. By the way can you please produce the badge that makes you the sheriff of Coach T?

Just because you don't like my opinion doesn't mean you have to go all Gomer Pyle and start yelling Citizens Arrest!!!

Relax, put your one bullet back in your shirt pocket.

We are just gonna have to agree to disagree on this. Thanks for an entertaining afternoon.

Edited by tnhoosier

You act like I said they both suck.

So if anyone gets on here and says Lamar and Brown are the greatest to ever grace a bench they are correct?. Why, because you think they are?

Give me a break. You act like I verbally slandered somebody. By the way can you please produce the badge that makes you the sheriff of Coach T?

Just because you don't like my opinion doesn't mean you have to go all Barney Fife and start yelling Citizens Arrest!!!

Relax, put your one bullet back in your shirt pocket.

We are just gonna have to agree to disagree on this. Thanks for an entertaining afternoon.

As long as you don't go Barack Obama (lieing and expecting others to believe it as truth) on me again i won't have to call Andy!  In the future don't say things like you have this afternoon about, not only good coaches but good people as well.  

I'm off this board, we should all get back to talking about 8AA girls basketball!

Glad to see you two have finished your friendly discussion, even though it makes some of my ignorant posts look much better. Seriously, we can get on here and argue, fuss and complain, (and there's nothing wrong with that) but let's not forget. We never want to argue to the point that we get bitter and don't support all the Upper Cumberland teams against teams not from this area. We have great teams, great coaches, and great traditions here. 

Glad to see you two have finished your friendly discussion, even though it makes some of my ignorant posts look much better. Seriously, we can get on here and argue, fuss and complain, (and there's nothing wrong with that) but let's not forget. We never want to argue to the point that we get bitter and don't support all the Upper Cumberland teams against teams not from this area. We have great teams, great coaches, and great traditions here. 

Good point sir agreed!