Alcoa to remain in 3A.

orngnblk

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is good that most of these schools do not have to travel big distances.....but at the end of the day TSSAA has about as much integrity with holding schools to to divisions/classes that mach the schools true numbers as do they with making a decision on a multiplier. One should should not be able to choose to go up, down or sideways to fit any other agenda; other than true numbers. I know the state is telling me and you that my children are .8 times better than the Publics. When the state is making decisions to allow one sport in your school to be in one class and another sport to be in another class because of Friday night gate money; this make you criminal enterprise.

.....Booger just sayin

Without a multiplier, Knoxville Grace, Goodpasture, Silverdale, Boyd-Buchanan, Trinity and Jackson Christian could have been playing 1A in this new system. Trousdale and Union City would be in 2A by my count. What good would that do those private schools and the remaining 1A public schools?

Sweet E.....True what you say, however the Elite 32 in the highest classification ALL make the playoffs as well.  Chances are some of them could possibly have a losing record come playoff time too.  I'm just curious if they put much stock in their regular season since they get in the playoffs regardless of their season record.  You could even intentionally save elite players a couple of games late in the season to have them "fresh" for the playoffs.  I'm sure those schools with losing records are at least making a valiant effort at trying to win their games....while in the 32 (other than positioning) nothing really affects making to playoffs.

Kazzy

I agree with you. I still don't see  it being fair for seven teams to fight for 4 spots in one region and only 3 or 4 in another.  maybe I am just flat out wrong on this idea?