Alcoa to remain in 3A.

orngnblk

Without a multiplier, Knoxville Grace, Goodpasture, Silverdale, Boyd-Buchanan, Trinity and Jackson Christian could have been playing 1A in this new system. Trousdale and Union City would be in 2A by my count. What good would that do those private schools and the remaining 1A public schools?

this  may be true Indian and their maybe a little something to the multiplier, Booger not sure on that one.  but 1.8 is a joke. But kinda what Booger sayin, is the most of the Publics are always whining their hearts out about the privates as if they all can pull it off. None of you whined and moaned when you were kicking ND's teeth in every year or any other private for that matter. The haters always hate and whine about something. 

The Marion Counties and South Pittsburgs of the world can dominate the sequatchie valley for the last 100 years and a Private with the same student body number or close can come in and beat the brakes off of everyone for a while and for some reason that stings worse. People hate losing.

Alcoa can move up and down almost as they wish, and they are not the only ones. Why not give them a multiplier.

why are these teams truly requesting to move up

Class 2A to 3A

Alcoa High School

Goodpasture Christian School

Class 3A to 4A

Memphis East High School

Lipscomb Academy

Class 4A to 5A

Clinton High School

Gibbs High School

Kirby High School

Class 5A to 6A

Maryville High School

Football drives the day, brother

..Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this may be true Indian and their maybe a little something to the multiplier, Booger not sure on that one. but 1.8 is a joke. But kinda what Booger sayin, is the most of the Publics are always whining their hearts out about the privates as if they all can pull it off. None of you whined and moaned when you were kicking ND's teeth in every year or any other private for that matter. The haters always hate and whine about something.

The Marion Counties and South Pittsburgs of the world can dominate the sequatchie valley for the last 100 years and a Private with the same student body number or close can come in and beat the brakes off of everyone for a while and for some reason that stings worse. People hate losing.

Alcoa can move up and down almost as they wish, and they are not the only ones. Why not give them a multiplier.

why are these teams truly requesting to move up

Class 2A to 3A

Alcoa High School

Goodpasture Christian School

Class 3A to 4A

Memphis East High School

Lipscomb Academy

Class 4A to 5A

Clinton High School

Gibbs High School

Kirby High School

Class 5A to 6A

Maryville High School

Football drives the day, brother

..Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

I agree 1.8 is a joke but probably for a different reason than you. The multiplier is useless. Example was a school we'll just call school x because I don't want to hear how I'm calling them out for this, that or the other when I'm really just using them as a mathematical example. Here's the scenario.

School x had an enrollment of 353 students. With the multiplier they had a number for playoff classification enrollment of 635. Team x was classified as 1A regular season & 2A playoff by the raw number but the multiplier put them in 2A regular season & 3A playoff. The T$$AA may have placed the largest multiplier in the country on private schools but they basically reduced the multiplier by making a rule that a team can only be placed 1 classification above their raw number class due to the multiplier. This is why I say the multiplier is useless. Why not just say any tuition based school playing in D-1 must play up 1 classification? That's what they're saying anyway. Team x should have been moved to 2A regular season (1classification above their 1A regular season raw number) and played 3A playoff (again 1 classification above their playoff raw number class) but they remained 1A regular & 2A playoff. All that equals big ole useless multiplier.

Edited by crow

I agree 1.8 is a joke but probably for a different reason than you. The multiplier is useless. Example was a school we'll just call school x because I don't want to hear how I'm calling them out for this, that or the other when I'm really just using them as a mathematical example. Here's the scenario.

School x had an enrollment of 353 students. With the multiplier they had a number for classification enrollment of 635. Team x was classified as 1A by the raw number but the multiplier put them in 3A. The T$$AA may have placed the largest multiplier in the country on private schools but they basically reduced the multiplier by making a rule that a team can only be placed 1 classification above their raw number class due to the multiplier. This is why I say the multiplier is useless. Why not just say any tuition based school playing in D-1 must play up 1 classification? That's what they're saying anyway.

Agree 100%

Guest hevyrevy1611

Well now... ain't this sumin'? 2A schools saying OH YEAH! ... 3A is going RHUT ROW! . Every class has dominant, top-tier schools, so I guess other schools have to find a way to get better and take them down. To be da man ya gotta beat da man. After the dust settles from T$$AA's reshuffling (again) of schools it will be interesting to see which programs dominate their class. May be some surprises imo.