Alcoa to remain in 3A.

orngnblk

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IDK.....Greenback makes decent sense geographically?  Hasn't Jellico been shipped up there once?  I'll let B-Nard try to figure that road trip out.  Hard to say who will land where.

Kaz

Several teams from tha general area has been in this region before. Somebody is gonna do alot of travel and gates will be small as well. I'm glad we have several nearby schools in the new mess,

Boy i hope we are not,no offense but i would rather play better district opponents.I think this is what hurts Cloudland at playoff time (usually) only one team thats a ligitimate playoff team in that area-Hampton.Cloudland doesnt see even a semi high caliber 1A team till playoff time.I wouldnt mind being moved down with South Pitt if it wasnt for the drive.That region is a cake walk for the Pirates.

Wouldn't be quite as bad if you got an Oneida or Coalfield with you, Biggest thing would be the travel.

Just gonna gas up the bus and go where our district aligns us.  I can't envision the TSSAA making too many teams travel great distances repeatedly, but.....?  We have done the Hampton trip and Watertown over the last two seasons and although it ain't quite in those leagues....GB isn't considered just down the road.  I know we travel with our boys even if we got to jump on top of the bus to go.

Kaz

It is good that most of these schools do not have to travel big distances.....but at the end of the day TSSAA has about as much integrity with holding schools to to divisions/classes that mach the schools true numbers as do they with making a decision on a multiplier. One should should not be able to choose to go up, down or sideways to fit any other agenda; other than true numbers. I know the state is telling me and you that my children are .8 times better than the Publics. When the state is making decisions to allow one sport in your school to be in one class and another sport to be in another class because of Friday night gate money; this make you criminal enterprise.

.....Booger just sayin

A guess:  Oneida, Coalfield, Sunbright, Greenback, Oakdale, Wartburg, and Jellico.  Of course I'm just guessing.  I don't know what OS enrollment put them?

Kaz

As far as region 1 looks like there has to be at least 5 teams in class A.  4 playoff spots would be a joke with only 3 or 4 teams in the region. you would almost always have a team with a losing record in spot 4 I would bet.

Edited by SweetEmotion

Sweet E.....True what you say, however the Elite 32 in the highest classification ALL make the playoffs as well.  Chances are some of them could possibly have a losing record come playoff time too.  I'm just curious if they put much stock in their regular season since they get in the playoffs regardless of their season record.  You could even intentionally save elite players a couple of games late in the season to have them "fresh" for the playoffs.  I'm sure those schools with losing records are at least making a valiant effort at trying to win their games....while in the 32 (other than positioning) nothing really affects making to playoffs.

Kazzy