orngnblk

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they shoulda moved up to 4A. but knew they would take easy way out

I don't think so.

If they put the multiplier on open enrollment schools they would be 3A.

It's where they belong.

The easy way out would be staying in 2a and getting a couple of paper championships.

Some people want to be called champ. Some want to actually be champs. Alcoa is acting like someone who wants to actually be a champ IMO.

Who in your area will be in region1, I know they can't go with only 3 teams.

I would imagine Region 1 will be:

Unaka

Cloudland

Hancock County

Jellico

Greenback

Region 2:

Coalfield

Midway

Oakdale

Harriman

Oneida

Sunbright

Although with the TSSAA, I wouldn't be completely surprised if they left Greenback in Region 2 and just had 4 teams in Region 1. But Jellico is coming east for sure.

Personally, I think Unaka and Cloudland really screwed themselves not moving up to 2A. We could have had a pretty good deal. Close games. Big gates.

I would imagine Region 1 will be:

Unaka

Cloudland

Hancock County

Jellico

Greenback

Region 2:

Coalfield

Midway

Oakdale

Harriman

Oneida

Sunbright

Although with the TSSAA, I wouldn't be completely surprised if they left Greenback in Region 2 and just had 4 teams in Region 1. But Jellico is coming east for sure.

Personally, I think Unaka and Cloudland really screwed themselves not moving up to 2A. We could have had a pretty good deal. Close games. Big gates.

This would really stink,GB has had district rivalrys for 40 yrs and better with most of the region 2 teams.

I agree 100%. But I don't see them having a 4 team region, and Greenback would certainly be the next closest school.

What in the world are u smoking?...Regions are going to look very similar to the way they did in 2008. Region 1(which included Jellico in 2008) loses Cosby due to the six class classification which changed the enrollment cutoffs versus the five class classification in 2008.

After some major head scratching, trying to keep from having 8 or more teams in a region and the best I could of keeping everyone in the same region that they were in in 2008,...to no avail. So here's my list of possibilities...

REGION 1

Cloudland High School

Hancock Co. High School

Jellico High School

Unaka High School

REGION 2

Coalfield High School

Concord Christian

Greenback High School

Harriman High School

Midway High School

Oakdale High School

Oneida High School

Sunbright High School

REGION 3

Copper Basin High School

Grace Baptist Academy

Huntland High School

Lookout Valley High School

Sale Creek High School

South Pittsburg High School

Whitwell High School

REGION 4

Clay Co. High School

Gordonsville High School

Monterey High School

Pickett Co. High School

Red Boiling Spr. High School

Trousdale Co. High School

REGION 5

Clarksville Academy

Columbia Academy

Houston Co. High School

Jo Byrns High School

McEwen High School

Middle TN Chr. School

Nashville Chr. School

Perry Co. High School

REGION 6

Collinwood High School

Cornersville High School

Fayetteville High School

Moore Co. High School

Mt. Pleasant High School

Richland High School

Summertown High School

Wayne Co. High School

REGION 7

Dresden High School

Gleason High School

Greenfield High School

HR-Bruceton High School

Huntingdon High School

Lake Co. High School

Peabody High School

South Fulton High School

Union City High

West Carroll High School

REGION 8

B. T. Washington High School

G. W. Carver High School

Humboldt High School

KIPP Mem. Coll. School

Memphis Middle College

Mem. Northside High School

Middleton High School

W.E.B. Dubois High School

Reasoning for Humboldt simply made a imagery line between them and Peabody...As for Huntland their going to travel aways no matter if their Region 3 or 6, plus was trying to reduce the best I could the amount of teams in each Region.   An that didn't work out very well in Region 7. Concord Chr. could even be moved to Region 1, even Grace Chr. started off in Region 1. Also, some of the decisions I made may hurt the natural rivalries especially for the ones in middle-west TN, cause I know very little pertaining to that part of the state.

Edited by cherokean

There has been no word on Concord fielding a varsity team at the Region level next year. I seriously doubt they would in thier 2nd year of existance. And if they don't decide soon, they will have to hold off until 2017 before entering region play. That said, they would be in Region 1 if they were to do that.

Until then, I serioisly doubt, with 4 play off spots now, they will let a region sit with only 4 teams. With that in mind, Greenback is the next logical choice to move to Region 1.