South Pitt vs. Marion (Moore man against that Ross man)

Roy Dillard

I wonder if big Dave will make his presence felt this week. The boys can use his energy!

was told he will be there, fence not same without him. He could be the difference. I know a lot of our students and players that were unfairly treated last year, over events, will be fired up for this one. You really can't blame them. Will be a great atmosphere but Jasper needs to win one every 10 years or so to keep this the biggest rivalry in the state. We are crippled for sure. Edited by pegleg

Well said. As much as I'd like to say my son is a superior athlete he's not. None of our boys this year are superior athletes and that makes a coach's job tough. But I feel like my son and most of the team has heart. I'll take that any day if I can't have talent. The simple fact is our boys will do the best they can do which may or may not produce a victory.

a coach could take 11 boys with the heart, effort, leadership and attitude of your son and win it all. It's Senior night and I'm going to miss him as a true Pirate...

a coach could take 11 boys with the heart, effort, leadership and attitude of your son and win it all. It's Senior night and I'm going to miss him as a true Pirate...

Thanks Peg.  Same goes for your daughter.  I have no illusions about winning this game, but I have confidence our boys will do their best.  My goal is to spend as much time as possible this week building our boys up, pumping them up with Pirate Pride.  I'm going to be at every practice and show them the spirit they deserve.  This will be the first time in nine years the Pirates will struggle against the Warriors.   To paraphrase Peg....you can't win 'em all.  But we can sure as heck play our best and make 'em earn it.

Yes, we may be without Fitzerald and Blevins (we'll also be without another one who got booted last week), but it will give our boys one more chance to gel before the playoffs.  I don't think beating Jasper is as important as gelling as a team.  GO PIRATES!!!!

• Upvote 1

Thanks Peg.  Same goes for your daughter.  I have no illusions about winning this game, but I have confidence our boys will do their best.  My goal is to spend as much time as possible this week building our boys up, pumping them up with Pirate Pride.  I'm going to be at every practice and show them the spirit they deserve.  This will be the first time in nine years the Pirates will struggle against the Warriors.   To paraphrase Peg....you can't win 'em all.  But we can sure as heck play our best and make 'em earn it.

Yes, we may be without Fitzerald and Blevins (we'll also be without another one who got booted last week), but it will give our boys one more chance to gel before the playoffs.  I don't think beating Jasper is as important as gelling as a team.  GO PIRATES!!!!

good post D60

I didn't like how we wilted down the stretch last night. We go up 21-0 and at that point I thought we were going to return the favor at The Larry Davis Football Complex from that mercy rule monkey stomping from 2010. Things started going south and we held on, but we need to learn to close out games.

Edited by TheAmbassador

was told he will be there, fence not same without him. He could be the difference. I know a lot of our students and players that were unfairly treated last year, over events, will be fired up for this one. You really can't blame them. Will be a great atmosphere but Jasper needs to win one every 10 years or so to keep this the biggest rivalry in the state. We are crippled for sure.

Pegleg let me ask you a question. That purple grad man and truth prevails was the ones last year that blamed that Wilson mans daughter on this coach t mans website. I garuntee that Wilson man was probably real mad. I garuntee you then Marion people is still his under rocks. If that Ross man did beat that Moore man they will come out everywhere. You think im joking but im not.