Blackman at Hoover

LoveForTheGame

Hoover lost to Miami Central (one of the best teams in Florida,) by one point. I think Hoover was on like a 30 game winning streak. Hoover is still good, and if Blackman don't realize that real fast then it could be a long game. 

Nobody here is looking past Hoover! They've only lost twice, once to a very good team in Miami Central ,Florida, second to Colquitt Co., Georgia ranked like 12th in the nation right now. In their 7 wins they have taken care of business. Hoover is a team of great tradition with great coaches. If anyone going into this game thinks other wise their a fool! But I like our chances with this Blaze team. Coach Shadowens has been in plenty of battles and has the hardware to show for it. He's building a football tradition right here in our backyards and apparently isn't afraid to show the nation! So stop telling them what they should be doing. These Coaches and young men have put in the work. So get behind these Tennessee boys and let them know you're behind them 100%.

• Upvote 1

Hoover has lost 2 games this year and wins over most of there opponites with loosing records. This is not the typical Hoover powerhouse team. If the Blaze stays on task they should win by 3 td,s...

I hope you are kidding around.  Hoover is extremely good.  They have lost 2 games, yes, but those were agains 2 national powers.  They lost to Miami Central by 3 at home, and went to Ga and lost to Colquitt County.  Playing at home is a huge factor here.   I am honestly hoping for a good, hard fought game with no injuries.  If we win, I will be thrilled.  If we lose (by whatever margin), the focus immediately shifts to the playoffs.  I honestly think we either win or we get blown out.  If the score starts to go south late in the game, I think the starters will come out then the score could get worse.  If it's a close game, I think we can pull it out.

Here's the skinny on this game. Years and years ago I started blogging on high school football sites. Being from the Knoxville area I, naturally, started on this site. I have since moved on to the national sites. Serving in the military allowed me to go and watch many different teams from many different parts of the country. This, I feel, has given me an advanced knowledge of high school football on a national scene (not trying to toot my own horn, just stating I have a lot of experience). That being said, Tennessee usually represents very well (especially the privates). Typically, they rate between 10-15 as best state in the nation. This year Tennessee is a lot stronger nationally. The privates are as good as they normally are, but the publics have stepped up. Blackman, Maryville, and Oakland are all top 100 teams nationally. Hoover, as most on here know, have been a national power since they opened there school. It is a football factory. This year, however, they are slightly down by comparison. Most years they would beat every team in Tennessee, but this year they be another top 10 team mixed in with Blackman, Maryville, Oakland, Brentwoid Acad., McCallie, Ensworth, etc. They are still top 5 in Alabama, but Alabama is down this year. (Clay-Chalkville is #1 this year). Hoover started out losing their first game against national powerhouse Miami Central 24-21 then went on the road to Georgia and got beat down by national top 10 Colquitt County 35-14. Since then they have run through 7 straight slappies.

I think Blackman has a legit chance to win this game. It will be a war, especially since it's a road game down in Birmingham. That makes it a 50/50 game IMO. I'll say Blackman 27-24.

WGNS will absolutely cover this game, I spoke with the TV station in AL WBAM68 while they will be airing it locally they will not be streaming it. On an interesting side note the HSH score predictor at the top of this thread once had Hoover picked by 6 is now picking Hoover by 3. Also where Hoover is now nationally ranked 115th by  an unapproved website. with Blackman coming in at 56th. Interestingly enough from a size perspective Blackman comes in the bigger team overall. . 

All opinions and polls, AND Yep VERY subjective, however I like the Blaze in a shootout.

35-28 Blackman

Edited by Blaze45

The only poll worth anything would be a compilation poll. Some blog sites actually have these polls. The most up to date one has Blackman at #48. Believe it or not, Knox Fulton is actually ranked #41. Those are the only two teams that received enough votes to get a rank in the top 50. There are about 6-7 media, HUMAN polls out there. You can't trust computer polls like unapproved website or unapproved website. They don't take into account the human element of an intense rivalry, weather, injuries, etc.