Round 3: GCA @ Oneida

crow

Crow and kaz you both know me pretty well and usually say what i am thinking.Of course i have seen both have a ton of respect for the Indians and am gaining more and more for GCA every year.This game will come down to this can Oneida stop GCA enough to outscore them,maybe they can a d i do hope they can.Alot is put on OHS as a fourth quarter team,well GCA is just as good of a fourth quarter team.GCA has played better offensive teams than Oneida has and three of them are in the quarters-CAK and McMinn Central and of course GB.GCA is no Coalfield they WILL score points,the difference will be can Oneida?No need in jumping on me this is an opinion of someone who really wants Oneida to win.After seeing both teams i still go with my earlier prediction GCA 28-14.Good luck if GB wasnt playing i would be at this one!

You're just tooo dang honest, Good luck to the Kee's

I'm with you on the GCA offense. I see them scoring 21-28 points and I think 28 wins this one. Biggest thing if we can get 21-28 I like our chances as well. That's what makes this one such an anticipated game for me. If our boys have their heads on straight & follow their keys and not the flash I think we can keep them to a score we can manage. If not then it could get into a shoot out which definitely does not favor us. Biggest key in my mind is not heart, will, 4th quarter, nicest fans or prettiest cheerleaders. It comes down to the Oneida offense. Bam Bam will play a big role in this one but we will not produce enough if we run him 30 time up the middle. We gotta scheme something to make GCA take & keep 3 or 4 out of the box. Whatever that is it has to be done or we won't sustain drives. If we can keep the box @ 8 or less then I feel confident in our run. If they're loading it up we cannot block their 9, 10 or 11 with our 6 or 7. Just simple math. I know the wing-T relies on the misdirection to get 1 or 2 out of position but they run it to. That's the hardest defense to successful run the wing-T on. They see it every day in practice to.

I'm with you on the GCA offense. I see them scoring 21-28 points and I think 28 wins this one. Biggest thing if we can get 21-28 I like our chances as well. That's what makes this one such an anticipated game for me. If our boys have their heads on straight & follow their keys and not the flash I think we can keep them to a score we can manage. If not then it could get into a shoot out which definitely does not favor us. Biggest key in my mind is not heart, will, 4th quarter, nicest fans or prettiest cheerleaders. It comes down to the Oneida offense. Bam Bam will play a big role in this one but we will not produce enough if we run him 30 time up the middle. We gotta scheme something to make GCA take & keep 3 or 4 out of the box. Whatever that is it has to be done or we won't sustain drives. If we can keep the box @ 8 or less then I feel confident in our run. If they're loading it up we cannot block their 9, 10 or 11 with our 6 or 7. Just simple math. I know the wing-T relies on the misdirection to get 1 or 2 out of position but they run it to. That's the hardest defense to successful run the wing-T on. They see it every day in practice to.

Wow you have read my mind!You just know how to put it on screen much better.

You cant get honed in on just stopping the run...MUST account for every GCA offensive skill player, eligible receiver & back on the field...That's where we got burnt.

Little I saw on film impressed my about GCA....What I saw last Friday, did....They are game smart!

I will stretch my score to a high of 21. Still going with Indians.  What sticks out in my mind is Oneida's resilence.  I have seen only once, ALL YEAR, when they haven't gone back on the field after a score in which they had a let down.  Even that time, you should consider the 4th down play that Rockwood converted should have been ruled down by contact with the ground (which caused the fumble).  My purpose is not to say that Rockwood got lucky there.....but more to point out that we have seen the defense (and Offense) rebound after potential momentum changing touchdowns.  Case in point GB tying score, Coalfield's Bible on the touchdown run, and last week Rockwood tying it up on the TD in the third......everyone of those plays cost us momentum in the game, yet in each instance Oneida's D answered the bell (and offense did too) by making key plays after that.  I think GCA will score, but Oneida is good enough to stem the momentum from those and stay with them.  I get that GCA might have a higher SOS, but the Indians weren't playing cupcakes out of conference.  GB (still alive) Coalfield (still alive) Hamptown (loss to GCA) and even Watertown played Trousdale dead even through 3 quarters.  I think we are ready for the Rams and the game will be here sooner than you think. 

Kazacova

You cant get honed in on just stopping the run...MUST account for every GCA offensive skill player, eligible receiver & back on the field...That's where we got burnt.

Little I saw on film impressed my about GCA....What I saw last Friday, did....They are game smart!

Agree completely. I was referring to us not being able to let them stack the box & us just say bring it & expect much success.

As for GCA. Yes you must account for everyone on every play. They really don't throw well enough to be a true passing offense but they do throw well enough to burn your tail if you get lazy in the corners or if your safeties have their eyes in the backfield. Like I said, we are capable of keeping them manageable but if we perform or not is stil TBD.

Agree completely. I was referring to us not being able to let them stack the box & us just say bring it & expect much success.

As for GCA. Yes you must account for everyone on every play. They really don't throw well enough to be a true passing offense but they do throw well enough to burn your tail if you get lazy in the corners or if your safeties have their eyes in the backfield. Like I said, we are capable of keeping them manageable but if we perform or not is stil TBD.

We did not perform....and Im still amazed at that....Once our QB wasn't able to be mobile and they got us on our heels, they stomped on the gas....Thats why I believe heart and will is very important in this Friday's game....Cant let mistakes take your mind off the task at hand.

Oneida has to play to their strength and if its not enough,they'll get beat.If they try to get cute and I'm sure they won't ,they'll get killed. For Oneida to win they HAVE to 3 and 4 yard Grace to death and keep their on the sidelines. I doubt anyone will ever know if I'm right or wrong because Lambert is much to smart to panic and play some other type of football. Grace is coming to stop the run and if they can,its over.

That why your a stand up guy pujo.....you see the game through all the smoke.  I'm liking your toe to toe stand up game....that is the way ball should be decided.  I've looked across the field several times this year and thought we'd get cooked by the other team.  These boys we got like a little blood on their mouth to get'em going.  I'd say they may punch each other in the mouth before they leave the field house to get themselves in the proper frame of mind.  GCA is going to have them daper uniforms covered from head to toe with mud and guts.....HooRah...!

Kazamoto

Guest Fall101

This is gonna be two good smash mouth teams going at it. That's why their 2 of the 8 remaining. I have been jacked all week for this game. Most of you have seen that and had to calm me down. Both teams are gonna come out ready to play, but like I have seen all year I believe Oneida's D makes a play for them. Gonna be a great game! Trains horns are gonna blare along with Rocky Top Friday night.

Indians 24

Rams 17

Go Indians!!!

Edited by Fall101

This is gonna be two good smash mouth teams going at it. That's why their 2 of the 8 remaining. I have been jacked all week for this game. Most of you have seen that and had to calm me down. Both teams are gonna come out ready to play, but like I have seen all year I believe Oneida's D makes a play for them. Gonna be a great game! Trains horns are gonna blare along with Rocky Top Friday night.

Indians 24

Rams 17

Go Indians!!!

I was just about to give you a wakeup call Spike. I agree with you .For oneida to win they have to pound the rock and play solid disaplined D. A big play on special teams is not outta the question either.