South Pittsburg 2015

Roy Dillard

Not sure that is even relevant. Question is what would the basketball program have been if he were the coach. He wasn't so what does it matter? As to baseball he was a strong discipline guy that ran a disciplined program and demanded and got respect from our kids. He worked hard but he was not what baseball needed so he was smart enough to step down. I appreciated that. Class guy. Now as the Ambassador stated lets get back to Pirate football. Take basketball talk to the basketball board.

You're exactly right, he wasn't the coach so I guess it doesn't matter. But wouldn't a coach who ran a strong disciplined program, worked hard, and had the respect of his players be what any team would need? Whether it was baseball, basketball, or Football? There, back on topic of football. Lol.

You're exactly right, he wasn't the coach so I guess it doesn't matter. But wouldn't a coach who ran a strong disciplined program, worked hard, and had the respect of his players be what any team would need? Whether it was baseball, basketball, or Football? There, back on topic of football. Lol.

You are right. Maybe he wanted to see if he could do the job in baseball. It is obvious it wasn't going to work. He went back to MS I think and got back into basketball opening the door for the success we would later have with Coach Stone. Got to give the coach props. Most would have selfishly hung on instead of thinking of the kids.

hate to interrupt all this sp "basketball" talk but how is vic doing these days? read on facebook where he was sick. hope he is on the mend. great guy and coach. i agree with the coach stone thing. good fella and he bleeds orange and black. coach phillips did a very commendable job considering he never really had the time for player development. I've been in those spots before. sp is a great place. go pirates!

I say we bring back Coach Stone. He can coach any sport and win at it. He is a student of the game. He could coach tiiddly winks and win lots of games. The man can flat coach plain and simple. Some don't like his methods, but who cares. There is no perfect coach. Some folks need to get over themselves. Rant.

Can't have him.  :mrgreen:

I say we bring back Coach Stone. He can coach any sport and win at it. He is a student of the game. He could coach tiiddly winks and win lots of games. The man can flat coach plain and simple. Some don't like his methods, but who cares. There is no perfect coach. Some folks need to get over themselves. Rant.

What kind of mess is this? That Stone man has went and told that Reynolds man our secrets and beat us last year. The only way that Grider should take that stone man back is if he will tell Grider that Reynolds mans secrets. Im not joking either pirate Mike.

Edited by Roy Dillard