State Semifinal: Maryville at Oakland

BigDave1967

IMO Oakland wants to play old school tough football. They compete with each other for the hardest hits and put ball carriers on their shoulder blades. They want to physically break your will. I like all that stuff. Sometimes along with that comes some strutting and rah-rah stuff to "get them going". Football is a hitting sport and sometimes thin lines get blurred. The back to back roughing the kickers usually cause tempers to flare. Stuff happens in a heated contest-it's all good.

Their whole intention was to put our kicker out of the game. A third try would have sent some of their's to the bench for good. When your trying to hurt the kicker your as dirty and low as they come.

IMO Oakland wants to play old school tough football. They compete with each other for the hardest hits and put ball carriers on their shoulder blades. They want to physically break your will. I like all that stuff. Sometimes along with that comes some strutting and rah-rah stuff to "get them going". Football is a hitting sport and sometimes thin lines get blurred. The back to back roughing the kickers usually cause tempers to flare. Stuff happens in a heated contest-it's all good.

Yep physicality is their calling card. I was proud of how our kids matched it.

Not trying to argue; from my angle most of that play was covered by traffic on the field. As for the Oakland fans i just commented on the few i encountered. Don't know enough about the rest of what you said to comment.

Oh No I'm sorry, wasn't referring that to you about arguing. There are a few on here that make a habit of making something out of anything I say and I just keep it to myself and try not to say anything. One of the kids that starts told me late this morning that either team wasn't to cross the 45 yard line during warm ups and the Oakland team came running across looking straight ahead giving Maryville a throat cutting message to intimidate them and the refs were on the fifty and didn't say a thing. The kid told me one of our coaches told them to get back on their side. I didn't go to the game but the kid did tell me this really fired our team up. I didn't question this young man or really care but he did tell me GQ really emphasized to them not to get caught up in any way with them. He also told me it surprised him and a few others to death GQ didn't go wild on Tillery after that happened but nothing was said. I'm sure their fans treated you all well but I can tell anyone with a brain at all that the football team wasn't given the same treatment on the football field.  If you were watching this game on TV even Ray Charles could see what was going on.

Oh No I'm sorry, wasn't referring that to you about arguing. There are a few on here that make a habit of making something out of anything I say and I just keep it to myself and try not to say anything. One of the kids that starts told me late this morning that either team wasn't to cross the 45 yard line during warm ups and the Oakland team came running across looking straight ahead giving Maryville a throat cutting message to intimidate them and the refs were on the fifty and didn't say a thing. The kid told me one of our coaches told them to get back on their side. I didn't go to the game but the kid did tell me this really fired our team up. I didn't question this young man or really care but he did tell me GQ really emphasized to them not to get caught up in any way with them. He also told me it surprised him and a few others to death GQ didn't go wild on Tillery after that happened but nothing was said. I'm sure their fans treated you all well but I can tell anyone with a brain at all that the football team wasn't given the same treatment on the football field.  If you were watching this game on TV even Ray Charles could see what was going on.

Understand what you're saying now. Gotcha

That is not an excuse for taking small cheep shots after plays and throwing players after the whistle blows. 77 for OHS was being a cheerleader and it was very ironic that he gave up the sake for a safety at the end. Humility is a virtue.

Go REBELS!!!

I lost some respect for Tommy Mac, because it looked orchestrated.

Thats the trouble with Oakland and Blackman in my opinion discipline or lack there of! No need for crap like that. Coach Mac did coach under Rankin but he is no Rankin! He is a good coach in his own right but not at that level. Just my opinion of course!

The stuff of running to midfield in pregame and acting tough is senseless and needless. It could (and should) be stopped with one unsportsmanlike flag.

The roughing the kicker crap was penalized but sometimes that isn't enough. It must get resolved by the players.

Was it the same player both times ?