State Semifinal: Maryville at Oakland

BigDave1967

Congrats to the Rebels and another great win against a very big Oakland team. Great football game

Defense played very well and forced several turnovers > difference in this ballgame

Offensive and defensive lines played a very tough game against a big and physical team

Congrats to Tyler Vaught, did a great job leading this offense.....opening drive set the tone.......

Very happy for these Senoir players > Tyler Vaught, Ritchie Koons, Dylan Jackson, and Paul Bristol > great leaders on and off the field.

He said "so far". When he said that Oakland had scored 14 unanswered points in the 2nd half to pull within 7 points. He mean't Oakland had made better adjustments going into the 2nd half.

Yeah and referring to Coach as "Mr Football" was a compliment I guess. LOL

Quarles made  his adjustments when the game started, by realizing we would have difficulty running on them and moving Vaught around in the short passing game. Their Coach on the other hand tried to impose his running game on us he had depended on all year for an entire half and pretty much got it stuffed. He rolled the dice on his O line vs our front seven and lost. The result was a 21 point lead at the half. 

Congrats to the murvil TEAM. There was a lot of outstanding effort by a lot of guys to beat a very good Oakland team at their place. It was hard to not notice the offensive efforts of #'s 1, 2, 6, 13, 21, 81, and an unsung o-line that did enough. Defense was the SOS (same old shoot). Forcing 5 turnovers (4 int's and a fumble recovery-2 INTs and fumble recovery by #27) and playing at least even with a highly touted Oakland o-line has become expected from those who have seen those guys all year. Big #79 looked like that SEC DE as he came around the edge on that safety. NICE! Very happy for him. I did think they relaxed a little at the start of the 3rd and lost focus after the way they controlled Oakland in the first half.

Even though I am more about the jimmy and joes, the X's and O's won that game. The players had to execute, but the head ball coach and his assistants should get a lot of the credit.

Also congrats to the Oakland team on a good season and not quitting last night. Murvil beat a very good team.

MHS played a great game. Oakland was very impressive. Perhaps the MVP is the rebel that came out of the pile with the ball on te opening kick-off. Turnover there and the game could be much different. Brian Tillery had the best game of his career. Tyler Vaught played well.

Oakland was bringing 8 to stop the run every play. They had all 11 of their defensive players within 5-6 yards of the LOS. A very hard hitting game. Fun to watch and love the will to fight back when adversity began to set in. One more game.

Go REBELS!!!

MHS played a great game. Oakland was very impressive. Perhaps the MVP is the rebel that came out of the pile with the ball on te opening kick-off. Turnover there and the game could be much different. Brian Tillery had the best game of his career. Tyler Vaught played well.

Oakland was bringing 8 to stop the run every play. They had all 11 of their defensive players within 5-6 yards of the LOS. A very hard hitting game. Fun to watch and love the will to fight back when adversity began to set in. One more game.

Go REBELS!!!

Tillery is tough as a pine knot!! He's playing with a broken wrist. One More!!! Let's Go Rebels!!

Welp hears my thawts on tha gaim.....

1. Okelund Patriots wuz biggur thain tha Okelund on tha left coast...Congrats two tham on a fine season

2. GQ's gaim plan wif tha short passin' gaim wuz a thang ov bewty

3. If'un yore a Ewe Tea fan....Ewe gotta bee glaid two sea #6 and #75 wearin' arnge

d. Az big az Okelund wuz on tha O-line our littull Ritchie Cunninham's played tuff

5. Tha crew eye wuz settin' bye laist nite (Spaink, Caleb, Mr200mph, rw87, Pig,) were vurry quiet laist nite (knott)

eff. Tyler V. plaid vurry well along wif Tillery, Bryce, all tha WRs rilly

gee. Josh Smith iz gonna bee a playur fer Vandy

8. Mr. TD Blackmon iz a beast...!!!

9. Me, Mr200mph, and cR ere all gonna pitch inn 4 dollars a piece so's sx weal bee abull two git two Cookevegas necks Saturdee

10. Eye'm sendin' this littull tune out two Sumbodee Lied and hiz gurlfrend who wuz vurry upset thait Okelund didun't win laist nite....... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Welp hears my thawts on tha gaim.....

1. Okelund Patriots wuz biggur thain tha Okelund on tha left coast...Congrats two tham on a fine season

2. GQ's gaim plan wif tha short passin' gaim wuz a thang ov bewty

3. If'un yore a Ewe Tea fan....Ewe gotta bee glaid two sea #6 and #75 wearin' arnge

d. Az big az Okelund on tha O-line our littull Ritchie Cunninham's played tuff

5. Tha crew eye wuz settin' bye laist nite (Spaink, Caleb, Mr200mph, rw87, Pig,) were vurry quiet laist nite (knott)

eff. Tyler V. plaid vurry well along wif Tillery, Bryce, all tha WRs rilly

gee. Josh Smith iz gonna bee a playur fer Vandy

8. Mr. TD Blackmon iz a beast...!!!

9. Me, Mr200mph, and cR ere all gonna pitch inn 4 dollars a piece so's sx weal bee abull two git two Cookevegas necks Saturdee

10. Eye'm sendin' this littull tune out two Sumbodee Lied and hiz gurlfrend who wuz vurry upset thait Okelund didun't win laist nite....... :popcorneater:

Mr. X was at the game. He sit down in front of 5Star a few rows. Near 82 and my Big Boss Man.  CR must have gave him his ticket for last nt. cause he stayed home and watched the VT game and BLOWED MY PHONE UP the entire 3rd and 4th qrt talking about all kinds of nonsense!! SMH

My hats off to Brian Tillery. When he leaped over that Oakland defender it looked like a deer and I never laughed so hard about any play in my life. Also when he doubled tackled the Oakland kid on the horse collar it looked like a rodeo and the only thing he was missing was the rope to tie his feet with but that's what he got for running his mouth all game and it only cost us fifteen yards but that was fifteen worth giving up to shut that punk up. Great job Brian.