State Semi-Final GCA at Marion County

gcapride

Ambassador this old geezer is shocked that you didn't know about the kinfolks having a strength training block. As much as you seem to know about us kinfolk, for sure thought you would have known that. Oldfaithful is being serious to, not trying to throw any jabs at you. Mac got a lot of credit for turning the program around, which he did have a big help in. What you fellers didn't see was who was putting the pieces together behind the scenes to turn the program into a well oiled machine. And that my friends was Larry Ziegler. He was the key piece to the puzzle. This old geezer hopes to see MC continue the success we have had on the football field over the last couple of years. I believe Larry stepping down will come back to hurt us in the future.

Ambassador this old geezer is shocked that you didn't know about the kinfolks having a strength training block. As much as you seem to know about us kinfolk, for sure thought you would have known that. Oldfaithful is being serious to, not trying to throw any jabs at you. Mac got a lot of credit for turning the program around, which he did have a big help in. What you fellers didn't see was who was putting the pieces together behind the scenes to turn the program into a well oiled machine. And that my friends was Larry Ziegler. He was the key piece to the puzzle. This old geezer hopes to see MC continue the success we have had on the football field over the last couple of years. I believe Larry stepping down will come back to hurt us in the future.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few kinfo;lks jump the fence. The Pirates ship may have sunk.

No, sorry Oldfaithful I didn't know about it, but now I do.

I agree totally! The new principal hire is going to be crucial to the success of the sports program at mc. The previous principal took all the pride out of the school and didn't support the athletics programs at all. We saw probably the worst times in the history of the school during those times. Larry injected pride and support back into the school. Do you have confidence in our superintendent to make the right hire?? I sure don't!

Honestly Truth, I don't. As far as your opinion about the previous principle, you hit the nail right on the head. The strength training program that's in place right now was brought up by Boeck, but of course it was shut down. Supposedly the football players weren't academically capable enough to do school and one block of strength training a day. However, it was totally fine for our band to have the whole fourth block to practice. This isn't a knock on the band, those kids work hard just like all the athletes at our school. Just goes to show you what MC was having to deal with under that regime. Now mix that with promises falling through for a good coach causing him to leave, a politics hire that was awful, and Boeck going from good to bad fast. That my friends was a recipe for disaster. What happens as soon as Larry takes over? He hires Mac, who on paper is a awesome hire and had immediate results on the football field. Unfortunately we all know what happened there. It caught us all off guard but some things you just can't account for. Then turns around and makes what is looking like to be another solid hire in Ross. Larry Ziegler was a major factor that will truly be missed. This old geezer just don't have the faith that the next principal will be able to run the show like he did. Sorry to get off on a rant, just like giving credit where credit is due. But about this game, fellars you have been at the lowest of the lows, and right now your on the highest of the highs. Seniors you have seen it all but I'm talking from the Seniors all the way down to the Freshman. This old geezer wants to say I have been with you through thick and thin. And you can bet I'm going to be there Friday sporting the purple and white right by your side as you go into battle. If I could put the pads on I would!! No matter what happens Friday night, Oldfaithful wants to say thank you to an outstanding group of young men on an awesome season!! But something tells me we ain't done just yet..............we still hungry :hungry:  

TO MUCH PURPLE :roflolk: