CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

Once again, read my comments...nothing was negative about Copper Basin...Nothing suggested that I look down my nose at Copper Basin, other people may have sir, but not me ...Copper Basin fans on the other hand have nothing but hate filled messages about Coalfield...

You guys just can't stand the fact that Coalfield beat you...and you still hold a grudge from us beating you guys in 2010??? Come on...

So you didn't just make a comment on how you made it farther than Basin dreamed.  You called out Basin and said they wouldn't win 5 or 6 games all I can say is we will have to see, but I have no problem with Coalfield.

There have been countless debates on the subject and they are every where on this 1A board. I am not explaining it all again. If you want a better answer go through these pages or look for your answer elsewhere. I will only say this. There are 3 schools in Obion County- Union City 1A, South Fulton 1A and Obion County Central who is moving up to 5A next season. It is open zoning in our county and the parents choose where their kids go to school. I don't know why so many kids from the city limits get on a bus every day and go to OCC. IT could be because UC is a Magnet School and the curriculum is harder or for any one of a thousand reasons. If you want to know more then go find it.

Obion Central is in Region 7-4A for football next season - not 5A.

Edited by NWTNExpert

So you didn't just make a comment on how you made it farther than Basin dreamed.  You called out Basin and said they wouldn't win 5 or 6 games all I can say is we will have to see, but I have no problem with Coalfield.

Yes...after another CB fan said we shouldn't even show up on Friday...You sir have made comments about me prior to my one comment this past Friday...Once again, CB fans show their hate towards Coalfield...

Yes...after another CB fan said we shouldn't even show up on Friday...You sir have made comments about me prior to my one comment this past Friday...Once again, CB fans show their hate towards Coalfield...

Saying that we shouldn't show up or that we would be better served sending someone to pick up the 2nd place trophy is highly disrespectful towards the young men and coaches who have busted their humps to get to Cookeville...It was highly irritating...it was a pitiful comment from a scorned fan...

Edited by jackets34

If you are using the GB win as a stepping stone,i wouldnt.You all had a great game plan and out played a GB team that played one of the worst games all year.We didnt adjust and Henry took advantage of it.Take the guys advice and just take a small peek at what CField is playing Fri,GB Wouldnt compare in our best yrs.UC is outstanding and i do think they would give ND a 4 quarter game.They seem to ay better against the bigger obstacle.I have seen many CF teams and not one would give this UC team a game neither would we,Its amazing how good they are.You real CF fans that k ow football understand this and thats why you have more sense than some of these sunshine fans that just popped up,and are just proud to be there as any of us would.I seen some footage at the first of the yr and whether it was GB or Pitt of CHS i knew any of us would be beaten as bad as they want to beat us.CF has no depth thats what lost against OHS they were just a good Defensive team not much O and by the fourth it was getting ugly.Be proud to be there but this is a whole other animal for a 1A team.I too would have been excited to see our team in the game but you all deserve to be there.If i thought you would keep it respectable i would love to come watch but i wont waste the time or money.This will be a great week for your boys.I wish they got to go stay the night out there that was half the fun when we went,just being away from home.Good luck and i would love to see you all do something miraculous,and that is what is would have to be.Hoosiers is a great story but....

Thats the same way I see it. Everybody knew coming into the year that the battle was for second. I expect coalfield to play hard and keep it close for a qtr but UC is just to good.

There seem to be a lot of questions about why UC is 1A. Let me try to help. There's always been a lot of friction between the county and the city here. Also UC has a sizable black population whereas the county is virtually all white. Several years ago the county built new grammar schools. Trying to exploit the situation, they built 1 school within 1 mile of the south city limit and another within 2 miles of the northwest city limit. Then to top it all off they started running county buses in the city. UC protested to the state. The state ruled it was okay for the county to run buses in the city but the city couldn't run buses outside the city limits. Sadly it worked. Over the next few years our high school dropped from around 550 students to a low of 260 students. It was at this point that we were dropped to 1A.

Now things are changing. People have decided that a good education is more important than the racial makeup of the school. The next time schools are classified I'm sure we'll be 2A, but for now we are were we are. 1A hasn't been always good. We won championships in 2009 and 2013 but in between there were 2 losing seasons. This years team is the result of a lot of hard work by a group of exceptional kids. We'll come down a notch next year.

This is not what we wanted, but we played hand we were dealt. Hope this helps explain the situation.

And the Coalfield fans thats never seen this type of team is gonna be in shock. Seeing is believing Not you're average 1a Champ

Pujo the 2010 State Champion team from SP beat Coalfield 54-6 that year in the semifinals. That team had Raquis Hale which was as good as I have seen in 1A. The 2012 Gordonsville 1A State Champion team beat them in the semifinals pretty good as well. I feel confident those are the best teams Coalfield has seen. Without hesitation I would say this Union City team would beat either of those state champion teams by 21 points. Pujo knows his football and I agree with you.

I think most fans plus the kids knows what's ahead of them, all you can do is lay it on the line and hope u dont get humiliated. I just hope they play hard and don't let up no matter what the score is. Good luck to both squads.

Rest assured they will give it all they have after seeing the way they played us and knowing how bad Bible was hurting I AM SURE they will give em all they have!