Blue Cross Bowl: Ravenwood vs Maryville

BigDave1967

Welp inn from Cookevegas.....My thawts on tha gaim....

1. Grait gameplan bye Ravunwould

2. Ravunwould haid tha biggust stewdunt seckshun eye've evur seed

3. Spank, 200, sx, rw, momma wuz tryin two moove tha chanes

d. TD Blackmon inn tha laist 2 gaims.....Blocked 1 feeled gole, blocked 1 extree point, ennercepted 3 paisses, reecuvvered a fumbull and haid a slew ov tackulls.....(and fer ewe haiters, he's onlee a soffmoore)

5. Hats oft two tha entarr teem fer hangin' tuff when'st thangs weren't goin good....Tha paisses we hit on Okelund whur knott thair twonite....

6. Thainks two tha seniors on great careers at MHS......

gee. Thair wuz sum guys playin' less thain 100% twonite......And beeleeve me...Richie Koons cain go two war with me ennytime

8. Saw tha Chief and Coach Brooks on tha Mairvul side twonite

eye. We ere one made up call frum a 6A 5-peat

10. Ravunwould Rappers ere two bee commended on a grait seesun....Butt me, 200, rw, and a few othurs broke intwo our own rap att tha end........ :popcorneater:

Great win for the Rebels. Cannot stress the importance of Richie Koons coming back in the game. That made a huge difference and basically took Ravenwood's running attack out of play. I have to disagree with Rebel Ron though. I still think the 2002 , 29-26 come from behind win over Hillsboro was the best game I ever saw. Followed by the 7-6 win over Melrose. :popcorneater:

Edited by TheInsider

I can't imagine if I were a strong fan of either team.I was pulling for Maryville and got so mad several times in the second half, that I thought I was going to have to watch the game in another room away from the family. What a finish . I can't help but feel bad for those young men on the Ravenwood team.

I was hoping Ravenwood would keep the foot on the gas and hold onto that big lead. It would have been nice for maryville to get a taste of their own medicine. But oh well...

Yeah sorry that didn't work out for you. I figured you and some of those 7AAA fans who were having such a blast in the first quarter went to bed unhappy. 

Incredible game, congratulations to Maryville and Ravenwood for a championship game for the ages. First of all: what a devastating loss for Ravenwood. I don't know if I have ever seen a team deserve a state title win more and not get the victory. I can't help but feel empathy for their fans, players, and coaches and I know none of them.. I feel especially badly for their linemen and kicker for allowing the blocked field goal. The sting of that loss will never go away for Ravenwood.

On the flip side, what a euphoric win for Maryville. Even for a program that has "been there, done that", the 2014 title will be special for them. They literally pulled victory from the jaws of defeat.

Congrats to the raptors. Great fans, great game plan, great season. So close. I feel bad for them.

Congrats to murvil. Whether it's believing in each other or a deal with the devil, it works. Lots of heroes last night, but I gotta mention #78 and #27. Lots of hugs among that TEAM after the game.

That was some good high school extra curricular activity last night in Cookeville. Glad I was there. Thanks to stars for the ticket.

I was hoping Ravenwood would keep the foot on the gas and hold onto that big lead. It would have been nice for maryville to get a taste of their own medicine. But oh well...

Gov your the perfect example of a Blount County Dufus that would pull for the Russians if they were playing Maryville except you cracked the code and figured out how to get on the internet to show everyone else on here what it's like to live around people like that. I hate it for the fans of Ravenwood because they came to play and win and even though the scoreboard say's 35-34 they are still as good a team as we are and we all know that. One of the best game's I've ever seen in my life. Congrats to both teams for such a great game.

What a game!!! What a season!!! Such a great group to be around!! Battled all year with injuries, fought through those, I know Ritchie Koons is a warrior! He went back in and plugged that hole like business as usual but came off the bus on crutches!! I'm praying for you Ritchie Tractor!!! You have a lot more fields to plow!! I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself come 3:30 tomorrow. I guess my house will finally get cleaned. To all that said last week at Oakland was the real state championship and last night was just a formality, I hope you were at the game. Last night was a battle. Congratulations 2014 Red Rebels!! This team will always be remembered as something special.