UNION CITY 2015

JDOGG80

I agree.UC just happens to be in a great situation.I really like playing Union City.Just like to stir things up a little.Greenfield,Gleason are just like the teams you mentioned.Only have about 150 total students.And Halls looks more like a Single A team or school but has more than 200 students more than UC because of the county kids.

You fellers have had some Great teams in the past. 

Thanks to hevy and pujo for using a sensible approach to this issue. We don't try to control our numbers even though there are elements out there who say differently. We play by the rules just like everyone else. We are growing in our Jr. High and Elementary enrollments and will be one of the smallest 2A schools in the state again and we will still compete. Oh yeah......we won't squall about having to play bigger 2A schools either.

Edited by BigSwo2

Thanks to hevy and pujo for using a sensible approach to this issue. We don't try to control our numbers even though there are elements out there who say differently. We play by the rules just like everyone else. We are growing in our Jr. High and Elementary enrollments and will be one of the smallest 2A schools in the state again and we will still compete. Oh yeah......we won't squall about having to play bigger 2A schools either.

2A won't make any difference,you'll still be more talented than most. I also think the work ethic has improved. I remember when you guys played Trousdale and you dressed abot  85 kids, Trousdale only dressed about 25. I think you learned a lesson. I think you dress fewer but only the committed get to dress. It takes some good #s to achieve that in 1a. Thats really the biggest advantages of the Privates, they have kids and parents that believe in dedication and work.

2A won't make any difference,you'll still be more talented than most. I also think the work ethic has improved. I remember when you guys played Trousdale and you dressed abot  85 kids, Trousdale only dressed about 25. I think you learned a lesson. I think you dress fewer but only the committed get to dress. It takes some good #s to achieve that in 1a. Thats really the biggest advantages of the Privates, they have kids and parents that believe in dedication and work.

I remember sitting in the stands that day and watching TC, all 20 of them, come on the field and thinking this is going to be ugly...It was...Just not what I expected...

Bowling changed the culture at UC for sure...The kids on the team have earned the right to wear the uniform...They are expected to work hard and they do...You can see the results on the field...It doesn't matter if we have a Lowes and a Wal Mart...If you don't work hard and execute on the field you won't compete at a high level...

I remember sitting in the stands that day and watching TC, all 20 of them, come on the field and thinking this is going to be ugly...It was...Just not what I expected...

Bowling changed the culture at UC for sure...The kids on the team have earned the right to wear the uniform...They are expected to work hard and they do...You can see the results on the field...It doesn't matter if we have a Lowes and a Wal Mart...If you don't work hard and execute on the field you won't compete at a high level...

I agree 100 percent, lots of schools have talented kids but without the right leadership it never shows up on Friday night.

All this talk about size of towns is funny. No Jackson school has ever won a championship. The size of the town or school doesn't matter near as much as work ethic and coaching. 3 years ago Peabody had a more talented team than Dresden but we still lost to them in the playoffs. They worked hard than us and executed better.

All this talk about size of towns is funny. No Jackson school has ever won a championship. The size of the town or school doesn't matter near as much as work ethic and coaching. 3 years ago Peabody had a more talented team than Dresden but we still lost to them in the playoffs. They worked hard than us and executed better.

Incorrect. Jackson Christian won either 1A or 2A in Division 1 in 2006.

JCS won the 1A state championship in 2006.