top ten A poll

90warrior

I will take a shot at it.

1. South Greene- (13-1) (District 1-A)-  The Lady Rebels are back.  They had great success in Class AA in the past and are averaging 74 points a game in building a 13-1 record.  They have quality wins over Hampton (A), Chuckey-Doak (AA), Grainger County (AA), and Morristown East (AAA).  The win over East avenged their only loss.  They should get some tough competition in the Landair Holiday Classic in Greeneville.

2. Gibson Co.- (16-1) (District 14-A)-  This team also had great success in AA just a few years back.  Their lone loss is to Graves County Kentucky.  I do not know much about most of their opponents, but the wins over Westview and Obion County may be quality wins. 

3. Pickett Co.- (9-3) (District 7-A)-  Losses are to White County (AAA), Livingston Academy (AA), and Community (A).  Those are three good teams.  Pickett is averaging 65 points a game and have quality wins over Jackson County, Clarkrange, and Livingston Academy.

4. Clarkrange- (11-3) (District 7-A)-  The Lady Buffaloes are tradition rich and have played a tough schedule.  The losses are to White County (AAA), Pickett County (A), and Hamilton Heights.  They have nice wins over Cumberland County (AAA), Livingston Academy (AA), Walker Valley (AAA), and Hamilton Heights.

5. Middleton- (12-0) (District 15-A)-  Averaging 63.3 points a game.  I am not familiar with many of their opponents.

6. Harriman- (12-1) (3-A)-  Holding opponents to only 30 points a game.  Lone loss was to Oliver Springs.  They avenged that loss and beat Oliver Springs and have one other nice win over Tellico Plains.

7. Oliver Springs- (11-4) (District 4-A)-  It appears OZ is back!  Four losses are to Tellico Plains (A), William Blount (AAA), Knox Webb, and Harriman (A).  Have beaten Jackson County twice, Harriman, and Grace Christian. 

8. Houston Co.- (14-0) (District 10-A)-  Holding opponents to 31 points a game.  I do not know much about this team.  They have nice wins over Perry Co., Forrest, and Ezell Harding.

9. Community- (10-5) (District 9-A)-  The five losses are to JPII, Warren Co., Murfreesboro Central Magnet, Giles Co., and Smyrna.  They have wins over JPII, Forrest, and Pickett Co.  That is a very tough schedule.  I suspect this team may be a factor in the post season.

10. Jackson Co.- (8-3) (7-A)-  Have lost twice to OZ and to Pickett Co.  No great wins yet.  The tradition is rich and they can never be taken lightly.

Others on the radar:

Perry County, North Greene, Hampton, Cosby, Tellico Plains, Van Buren Co., Watertown, Forrest, West Carroll, and Decatur County Riverside.

My State Tournament Picks

• South Greene
  • Oliver Springs
  • Clarkrange
  • Pickett County
  • Houston County
  • Community
  • Gibson County
  • Middleton

Stay healthy and Merry Christmas to all!

Edited by coachh17

I will take a shot at it.

1. South Greene- (13-1) (District 1-A)-  The Lady Rebels are back.  They had great success in Class AA in the past and are averaging 74 points a game in building a 13-1 record.  They have quality wins over Hampton (A), Chuckey-Doak (AA), Grainger County (AA), and Morristown East (AAA).  The win over East avenged their only loss.  They should get some tough competition in the Landair Holiday Classic in Greeneville.

2. Gibson Co.- (16-1) (District 14-A)-  This team also had great success in AA just a few years back.  Their lone loss is to Graves County Kentucky.  I do not know much about most of their opponents, but the wins over Westview and Obion County may be quality wins. 

3. Pickett Co.- (9-3) (District 7-A)-  Losses are to White County (AAA), Livingston Academy (AA), and Community (A).  Those are three good teams.  Pickett is averaging 65 points a game and have quality wins over Jackson County, Clarkrange, and Livingston Academy.

4. Clarkrange- (11-3) (District 7-A)-  The Lady Buffaloes are tradition rich and have played a tough schedule.  The losses are to White County (AAA), Pickett County (A), and Hamilton Heights.  They have nice wins over Cumberland County (AAA), Livingston Academy (AA), Walker Valley (AAA), and Hamilton Heights.

5. Middleton- (12-0) (District 15-A)-  Averaging 63.3 points a game.  I am not familiar with many of their opponents.

6. Harriman- (12-1) (3-A)-  Holding opponents to only 30 points a game.  Lone loss was to Oliver Springs.  They avenged that loss and beat Oliver Springs and have one other nice win over Tellico Plains.

7. Oliver Springs- (11-4) (District 4-A)-  It appears OZ is back!  Four losses are to Tellico Plains (A), William Blount (AAA), Knox Webb, and Harriman (A).  Have beaten Jackson County twice, Harriman, and Grace Christian. 

8. Houston Co.- (14-0) (District 10-A)-  Holding opponents to 31 points a game.  I do not know much about this team.  They have nice wins over Perry Co., Forrest, and Ezell Harding.

9. Community- (10-5) (District 9-A)-  The five losses are to JPII, Warren Co., Murfreesboro Central Magnet, Giles Co., and Smyrna.  They have wins over JPII, Forrest, and Pickett Co.  That is a very tough schedule.  I suspect this team may be a factor in the post season.

10. Jackson Co.- (8-3) (7-A)-  Have lost twice to OZ and to Pickett Co.  No great wins yet.  The tradition is rich and they can never be taken lightly.

Others on the radar:

Perry County, North Greene, Hampton, Cosby, Tellico Plains, Van Buren Co., Watertown, Forrest, West Carroll, and Decatur County Riverside.

My State Tournament Picks

• South Greene
  • Oliver Springs
  • Clarkrange
  • Pickett County
  • Houston County
  • Community
  • Gibson County
  • Middleton

Stay healthy and Merry Christmas to all!

Pretty good shot

My shot...

1) Middleton - Middleton is definitely the most athletic Single A team in the state. They have a UT-Martin signed in Deja Faulker and a Union University commit in Averyale Joy. They also have a stud sophomore who is going to be big time. They beat Haywood, who has a top 100 '18 player, by 29, beat H.W. Byers who is a Mississippi powerhouse by 23, and beat MHEA who has Ole Miss signee Torri Lewis as well as other D1 players. Middleton was the closest team to beat Union City last year in Tennessee only losing by 2 points. This years Middleton team is better than last years UC team. Middleton is my pick to win Single A this year.

2) South Greene

3) Pickett Co.

4) Clarkrange

5) Gibson Co.

6) Houston Co.

7) Oliver Springs

8) Harriman

9) Perry Co.

10) Jackson Co.

saying they haven't played nobody is a joke. MHEA has 2 possibly 3 D1 kids on their team that includes Torri Lewis who is signed with Ole Miss (Middleton beat them by 16). Haywood Co. has a top 100 2018 kid (Middleton beat them by 30ish). H.W. Byers is a Mississippi power. Middleton won't have a team play them to within single digit points in the regular season. This Middleton team is much better than last years Union City team that had no problem with those Upper Cumberland schools.... I'm just warning you about Middleton so they don't surprise you when tournament time rolls around....

Not sure I would say they had no problem with the Upper Cumberland schools. Jackson Co for sure had them on the ropes for most of the game last year.

I still think Clarkrange is the team to beat out of the Region 4-A, despite their loss to Pickett co. I saw Pickett Co play against Red Boiling Springs, and they did not look like a championship team to me. Can't wait to see what happens. I hope Jackson Co can start playing to their abilities.

If Linden can stay healthy I believe they can be even better than the 2004 Final Four team which their head coach Kristal Edney won Miss Basketball that year. It was back and forth with the much taller Erin team, who has 6'5, 6'3, and 6'0 post players. It was a one point game until Linden had to foul and ended up losing on the road to Erin 48-37 for Linden's first game of the season.

Edited by PCsupporter4life

1. Middleton

2) Pickett County

3) South Greene

4) Gibson County

5) Houston County

6) Perry County

7) Oliver Springs

8) Harriman

9) Clarkrange

10) Jackson County

I see Middleton taking home the Gold Ball barring an injury to one of the Big 3.

I agree about Middleton. No one knows much about them unless you've seen them. I'm not sure people in west TN realize how good they are unless they've seen them. I'm convinced that Middleton is the best team in rural west TN regardless of class. Middleton will run the table during the regular season and I highly doubt anyone on the remaining schedule plays them to within single digits.

I agree about Middleton. No one knows much about them unless you've seen them. I'm not sure people in west TN realize how good they are unless they've seen them. I'm convinced that Middleton is the best team in rural west TN regardless of class. Middleton will run the table during the regular season and I highly doubt anyone on the remaining schedule plays them to within single digits.

Can Adamsville stay within 10?