Knoxville area ball

PurpleFan

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter is 4-5 since Christmas. Knoxville area Oak Ridge and Bearden are heads and shoulders above all others. Catholic CAK West Fulton are good but nothing special. Carter struggles against good competition has won big vs weak teams can't seem to win against quality teams. I was on board with Hornets early but they haven't show anything but mediocrity.

Not sure if they are head and shoulders better than Fulton.  I think they would be very competitive games.  Bearden barely beat west last night.  I know the argument about losing to Halls and West but I believe a lot of that had to do with football players not being quite ready to play Fulton bball on a consistent basis.  Oak Ridge does have some special players.

Carter didn't struggle against 18-2 white county ranked in aaa to win the G-P tournament....believe to get there they beat Livingston academy and lebanon.....both QUALITY teams.......your argument holds no water......Carter up 11 tonight and should have been more....outplayed Fulton all game....quite a turnaround from their first meeting....

Since I don't get out much I have time to do stuff like this. White Co schedule not very strong. Combined record of opponents is 159-157. Take out teams with winning record opponents are well below 500. Livingston and Lebanon appear to be average with records with 13-5 and 12-7 respectfully. Wouldn't consider them top notch competition. When I speak of Carter's weak schedule I am talking about playing Coalfield and the likes. Instead of OR Maryville Bearden West etc.

As far as out playing Fulton last night. Agree that based on newspaper Carter did that for 3 qts. But basketball is a 4 qt game and Fulton out scored Cater 23-9 in the 4 th. Wouldn't consider that as out playing Fulton the whole game.

Agree first game score was a fluke. But the fact is Carter appears to be average and Fulton at this point in time slightly better.

Since I don't get out much I have time to do stuff like this. White Co schedule not very strong. Combined record of opponents is 159-157. Take out teams with winning record opponents are well below 500. Livingston and Lebanon appear to be average with records with 13-5 and 12-7 respectfully. Wouldn't consider them top notch competition. When I speak of Carter's weak schedule I am talking about playing Coalfield and the likes. Instead of OR Maryville Bearden West etc.

As far as out playing Fulton last night. Agree that based on newspaper Carter did that for 3 qts. But basketball is a 4 qt game and Fulton out scored Cater 23-9 in the 4 th. Wouldn't consider that as out playing Fulton the whole game.

Agree first game score was a fluke. But the fact is Carter appears to be average and Fulton at this point in time slightly better.

Had to be at the game red! Carter outplayed Fulton for 4 qtrs. despite the 4th qtr numbers....Carter made some bad decisions in transition when they had numbers....that had to do with Carter not anything Fulton did.

I agree about Sparta. Saw them play twice and although picked to win it all, I just don't see it.  Henderson is hit or miss and loves the 3 ball. If he would take it off the dribble more and shoot the mid range/post up it would open up White Countys game tremendously. They will still make a deep run in that area.

Had to be at the game red! Carter outplayed Fulton for 4 qtrs. despite the 4th qtr numbers....Carter made some bad decisions in transition when they had numbers....that had to do with Carter not anything Fulton did.

C'mon uptempo. How can u say they outplayed them for four quarters? Thay were out scored 23-9 in fourth. That alone should tell u something. Quit drinking the Kool aide. Jody wright is one of the exceptional coaches in the state. To compare Carter's coach to him is just ignorant.

C'mon uptempo. How can u say they outplayed them for four quarters? Thay were out scored 23-9 in fourth. That alone should tell u something. Quit drinking the Kool aide. Jody wright is one of the exceptional coaches in the state. To compare Carter's coach to him is just ignorant.

Evidently Carter scored all 23 points for Fulton since Fulton didn't contribute in the 4th quarter.

Were you at the game UNC? And get off the JW bandwagon....it's a known fact that all those rosters were not homegrown talent but.......(undue influence if you know what I mean)....let's see what JW could do with sweet water or Berean Christian's talent!! As far as comparing JW and Carter's coach, looks to me JW took a page out of Carter's book from last year and presses as well as subs 5 at a time!

Edited by uptempo

Were you at the game UNC? And get off the JW bandwagon....it's a known fact that all those rosters were not homegrown talent but.......(undue influence if you know what I mean)....let's see what JW could do with sweet water or Berean Christian's talent!! As far as comparing JW and Carter's coach, looks to me JW took a page out of Carter's book from last year and presses as well as subs 5 at a time!

Omg!!!! Where have u been the last 15 years? I'm a Jody wright fan from back in the 4-22 seasons. I've known him since elementary school in Campbell county I didn't jump on any bandwagon. Jody is a coach. One that can adapt to the uptempo and beat u 106-51 or play a little slower and just beat you by 3 or 4 points. He's won state championships with talent and with less talent. Once u get to sub state you have to change your game to fit the opponent sometimes and he does that better than anyone I know in this area. I guarantee u one thing if he were at those two schools u mentioned? He'd be very competitive, because he'd coach to the team he has at that moment.

And don't even mention home grown crap on this board. Heck Carter has kids that aren't from there so what's your point? He can't help it if a kid wants to come play for him, heck I'd takem too.

U are definately a homer, that can't see the forest for the trees! Carter is average at best. Oh, and I wasn't there but u don't have to go to every game to know what's going on. All I ever hear from you Carter guys are were sick, were hurt, the bus driver sprung an ankle, wha, wha, wha!!!

That man keep mentioning homegrown talent... What is homegrown talent?? If they grew up in knoxville and go to fulton how is that not homegrown?? I know we get a transfer or two every other year or so but who wouldn't want to go to a school who has only missed the state tourney 3 times since 2000?? You can't argue with results. Carters coach is a good coach don't get me wrong but coach wright has been doing this for over half his life 25+ years... We will see carter two more times this year more than likely yall will get another shot...

Edited by FHSalumn12

Omg!!!! Where have u been the last 15 years? I'm a Jody wright fan from back in the 4-22 seasons. I've known him since elementary school in Campbell county I didn't jump on any bandwagon. Jody is a coach. One that can adapt to the uptempo and beat u 106-51 or play a little slower and just beat you by 3 or 4 points. He's won state championships with talent and with less talent. Once u get to sub state you have to change your game to fit the opponent sometimes and he does that better than anyone I know in this area. I guarantee u one thing if he were at those two schools u mentioned? He'd be very competitive, because he'd coach to the team he has at that moment.

And don't even mention home grown crap on this board. Heck Carter has kids that aren't from there so what's your point? He can't help it if a kid wants to come play for him, heck I'd takem too.

U are definately a homer, that can't see the forest for the trees! Carter is average at best. Oh, and I wasn't there but u don't have to go to every game to know what's going on. All I ever hear from you Carter guys are were sick, were hurt, the bus driver sprung an ankle, wha, wha, wha!!!

CLUELESS! Figured your big comeback would be point a finger at Carter to get the heat off your idol....it is pretty sickening to read the crap you guys put on here about fulton......if somebody should have beat them "Fulton played bad"....or we missed lay ups or shot the ball bad...had nothing to do with the other team....give me a break....Fulton's cookie jar is not crystal clean there jodycrazy.....