Miss Basketball Nominations

FridayMainEvent

You're right it doesn't look the same, but they also haven't advanced past substate so it isn't a mute point. Also, Allen, had a higher field goal percentage than Jaycee Coe last year. 

MVP of her team, no doubt. i haven't disputed that. 

you keep bringin up team and substate. your forgetting that this is not a team award.

utc wants her so she must be pretty darn good buddy and they are prolly the premier womens team in tn. right now.

Once again, i will say that i believe Bouldin is an exceptional player, so it doesn't surprise me that UTC is looking at her. I don't know why you're acting like i think she is a bad player. Shes a great player! On the other hand, I'm sure colleges are looking hard at Allen.

No they haven't been to state but Bouldin has led them to substate twice with a less talented supporting cast and gave Jackson all they could handle last year in the substate. And Allen hasn't led Jackson to a state appearance without Coe so we will just have to see how it happens

Coe didn't win a state ring without Allen either. She was the only starter not yet on the team when they lost in 2012. She hit two huge threes the next year when they brought home the gold.

you keep bringin up team and substate. your forgetting that this is not a team award.

I'm not forgetting, my point is that when Van Buren plays in their district and region, they do exceptional. When you branch out, they don't fair too well. This means that their is a big difference in competition levels, giving allen a bigger challenge because she plays those caliber teams constantly. 

With everything being said, I wish Allen and Bouldin nothing but the best and in an ideal world both would be nominated. I think both are crucial assets to their team! Cant wait for nominations to be announced. Does anyone know when announcements will be made?

Edited by TNBball43

Same could be said about it being a travesty if Heckert doesn't win Miss Basketball. West Carroll would not get 20 wins this year without Heckert, with Heckert, they're 26-0. Not only that, but she's a 4.0 student and a great kid.

How would West Carroll do in 14A, would they finish 3rd? I don't see them beating Gibson Co or Greenfield but I might be wrong...#outoftheloop

Edited by ParisRiverRat

How would West Carroll do in 14A, would they finish 3rd? I don't see them beating Gibson Co or Greenfield but I might be wrong...#outoftheloop

They have beaten Greenfield twice this season. I think by 8-10 points each time. Earlier this season I said Gibson was 15 points better than West Carroll, but that can't be said now. West Carroll's schedule is fairly week, but 2 wins over Greenfield, a win over Lexington, and crushing all of the teams that they should be beating... It's hard to say that now.

They have beaten Greenfield twice this season. I think by 8-10 points each time. Earlier this season I said Gibson was 15 points better than West Carroll, but that can't be said now. West Carroll's schedule is fairly week, but 2 wins over Greenfield, a win over Lexington, and crushing all of the teams that they should be beating... It's hard to say that now.

West Carroll would have finished tied for first if they played in 14A. They would likely split with GC. Their schedule is not the greatest in strength but they beat who was on their schedule. I was not convinced about them either until I saw them play. I just figured they were good because they have a 6'4" post. They have much more. Heckert is great, and a possible Miss Basketball finalist, but WC has the guards to handle GC's press. I think they play in the championship game of the region and, unfortunately, the loser has to travel to Middleton where their season will end.

Elizabethton's 5'10" junior wing Kayla Marosites should be a finalist. She plays on an undefeated team that is the defending AA state champion. The team is 10 deep with quality players and Kayla still stands out. She is averaging 19 points, 7 rebounds, 3.4 steals, is 48-113 on three point shots for 42.5%, she shoots 84% at the free throw line, and blocks a lot of shots. I have watched nearly every game of her career including games at the state tournament where she was a dominant force as a freshmen and sophomore. Kayla can go either right or left to the rim, can create her own shot, sets up her teammates with assists, and can knock down three balls from well beyond the arc. She is also a relentless defender that creates havoc with steals, deflections, and athletic blocked shots. Her twin sister Kelci is outstanding as well and it is a joy to watch these two play. Unfortunately for the rest of AA, these two are just juniors and will come back for another year. Go Cyclones!

Id have to agree, undefeated regular season beating some of the best teams in SC Ga AL and 3A teams in TN. Haven't lost in over 40 games.

District 7a stats were just released in the Herald-Citizen.

Allen led district 7A in scoring along with Meadows from Clarkrange averaging 14.7 points during the regular season. She was also second in rebounds behind 6'2 Meadows, with 6.7 rebounds (Allen being a wing), and 2.7 assists per game. 

To have such a great impact of 7A is worthy of recognition! i stand by my bid for Allen!

Edited by TNBball43

What is it with people acting like 7a is just this juggernaut district this season? I get it clarkrange and Jackson are really good and Pickett is okay but people act like if you play in 7a your royality there are a lot of districts that have three teams that are good so is if like a history thing because this season 7a is not as great as people say

It's not only history, even though that's a part of it, and 22 state championships come from it. Perhaps you say this because you have a better Single A district in mind. Let's hear it. With players like Allen, Cooper, Shaver, Ferell, Meadows, and Flynn to name a few, it better be one heck of a district!