SUB-STATE: UNION CITY VS. TCA

JDOGG80

TCA will play hard but they must make this a half court game. They do not have the speed to run with UC. We ran really well on them without Echols. If they slow it down a be patient they could go into the fourth qtr with a chance to steal one. They have a tough road in front of them. Cope you will love INT he knows his stuff. I just hope we can take care of Humbdolt in the "Black Hole" on Tuesday

Galilee, Galilee, where is your faith? We really are pretty fast. The problem is that those BBQ Nachos slowed your brain down and you were seeing everything in slow motion!! I'm trying to figure out how to ship a load of them to Cope and the entire UC team so they can eat them as their team meal! I promise you they will make you sluggish!! I think that was the problem at the Mitchell game. Galilee was just sluggish and couldn't see the game full speed! Lol. Galilee, UC is fast but not as fast as the team that plays in the Black Hole! Ha. TCA actually has very good speed. Their two fastest FB players are starters on the BB team. Mitchell just has elite athletes and elite speed. UC definitely has great speed. Simpson is the kid that worries me the most. Stockdale and Deberry are going to score and we all know that. I think Simpson could be an X factor. He is very physical and quick. He looks to be their best perimeter defender.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UC will not overlook TCA, will not fail, will not falter, will not flinch, will do what they do, will be on a mission, will be incredibly focused on the task at hand and will be at home. UC ain't no joke and absolutely knows how to take care of bidness and little Sisco will have his team amped up with focus. When you've coached several hundred games and been thru so many seasons with so many teams and you've won and won big consistently over the years, that is an absolute indication you know what your doing, you know how to prepare, and knows how to get high school kids motivated. TCA will not show this coaching staff, the players, anything they haven't seen or gamed for before. UC has heart, determination, practices, and looks at film too.

Anything can happen as we all know but a stunner is very unlikely.This should be a woodshed game, That isn't taking anything away from TCA either.

Fans do not decide the games. Coaches and players do. A great coach, with superior talent, and at home is just to much to overcome in my opinion. Good luck and god speed to both teams, coaches, and fans.

Edited by yankees8589

[quot name=TCAIntense" post="3322201" timestamp="1425182040]

Galilee, Galilee, where is your faith? We really are pretty fast. The problem is that those BBQ Nachos slowed your brain down and you were seeing everything in slow motion!! I'm trying to figure out how to ship a load of them to Cope and the entire UC team so they can eat them as their team meal! I promise you they will make you sluggish!! I think that was the problem at the Mitchell game. Galilee was just sluggish and couldn't see the game full speed! Lol. Galilee, UC is fast but not as fast as the team that plays in the Black Hole! Ha. TCA actually has very good speed. Their two fastest FB players are starters on the BB team. Mitchell just has elite athletes and elite speed. UC definitely has great speed. Simpson is the kid that worries me the most. Stockdale and Deberry are going to score and we all know that. I think Simpson could be an X factor. He is very physical and quick. He looks to be their best perimeter defender.Man you gonna have to bring me some of them BBQ Nachos. .If we get beat ill leave with a upset stomach. Lol!.

AND I completely agree with u most things but I dont thk nk bbc.co they will be surprised on yalls offense stye of play..But like u said we will enjoy it.

I have never seen so much rhetoric about a game that will have the second biggest margin of victory by UC of any sectional game (the biggest will be Mitchells's thrashing of Humboldt). I would love to see TCA prevail but just don't see how they could pull it off. Good luck to both teams!

I have never seen so much rhetoric about a game that will have the second biggest margin of victory by UC of any sectional game (the biggest will be Mitchells's thrashing of Humboldt). I would love to see TCA prevail but just don't see how they could pull it off. Good luck to both teams!

Could you expound on what you consider rhetoric?

Maybe that is the wrong word. I should have said that i havent seen so MANY verbose posts. I do believe that verbose is the correct word. Just look at Yankees first post! The ironic thing about his post is when he said this "wasn't war and peace," however he wrote a war and peace novel about the game.

Maybe that is the wrong word. I should have said that i havent seen so MANY verbose posts. I do believe that verbose is the correct word. Just look at Yankees first post! The ironic thing about his post is when he said this "wasn't war and peace," however he wrote a war and peace novel about the game.

Lol! That's pretty good! Thanks for clarification. I agree!

TCA from what ive read from you about the matchups I think you have the right idea how to guard UC..I really dont think this will be a woodshed game at all but I do think TCA has has serious matchup problems in man defense. .Yall have nobody to guard Deberry off all the picks UC will set in this game..If he gets hot it will cause TCA to play high and then thats when Stockdale will go to work..TCA will half court trap Deberry and thats gonna open up the shooters..UC dont have a weakness anywhere on the floor. .I think you are underestimating Will Sisco on the boards and his hustle. .That kid has alot of grit and also is relentless. .He can also step out and hit the 3 ball..If he stays out of foul trouble he will give TCA fits because he will be the one you forgot about and ask yourself where did he come from??..TCA has absolutely nobody to guard Simpson. .Very athletic and strong., and yes he is the best on the defender..Stockdale will take care of business down low for sure..His footwork is so good down their and very strong..But as fundamentals goes I think TCA may have a edge in that category. .Yalls guards are VERY GOOD but TCA will have to shoot a very high percentage to beat UC at home..The game you saw against LC..Lake Co. Shot LIGHTS OUT! ANd still got beat!..They shot 65 percent from 3 and 57 percent from 2's..I think LC thought UC was their only opponent on the schedule. .LC always plays UC like that during tourny time..I dont get it..But anyway I have tried to put everything together by not seeing TCA play this year and counting yalls. GREAT guard play and hustle and determination. .and UC experience and home court advantage that alone is good for 10 points but I disagree with Yankee, I dont see a woodshed game because of all the nerves and what is on the line..BUT..I just cant see any way TCA pulls a stunner UNLESS. .UC wont be able to throw it in the ocean or the refs get Deberry and Stockdale in bad foul trouble which may happen. .Probly on any other night I would root for TCA. but not on Tuesday night..If yall do come in the Thunderdome and pull out a shocker ill root for yall the rest of the way!..Im going with UC by 12..Drive safe.

TCA from what ive read from you about the matchups I think you have the right idea how to guard UC..I really dont think this will be a woodshed game at all but I do think TCA has has serious matchup problems in man defense. .Yall have nobody to guard Deberry off all the picks UC will set in this game..If he gets hot it will cause TCA to play high and then thats when Stockdale will go to work..TCA will half court trap Deberry and thats gonna open up the shooters..UC dont have a weakness anywhere on the floor. .I think you are underestimating Will Sisco on the boards and his hustle. .That kid has alot of grit and also is relentless. .He can also step out and hit the 3 ball..If he stays out of foul trouble he will give TCA fits because he will be the one you forgot about and ask yourself where did he come from??..TCA has absolutely nobody to guard Simpson. .Very athletic and strong., and yes he is the best on the defender..Stockdale will take care of business down low for sure..His footwork is so good down their and very strong..But as fundamentals goes I think TCA may have a edge in that category. .Yalls guards are VERY GOOD but TCA will have to shoot a very high percentage to beat UC at home..The game you saw against LC..Lake Co. Shot LIGHTS OUT! ANd still got beat!..They shot 65 percent from 3 and 57 percent from 2's..I think LC thought UC was their only opponent on the schedule. .LC always plays UC like that during tourny time..I dont get it..But anyway I have tried to put everything together by not seeing TCA play this year and counting yalls. GREAT guard play and hustle and determination. .and UC experience and home court advantage that alone is good for 10 points but I disagree with Yankee, I dont see a woodshed game because of all the nerves and what is on the line..BUT..I just cant see any way TCA pulls a stunner UNLESS. .UC wont be able to throw it in the ocean or the refs get Deberry and Stockdale in bad foul trouble which may happen. .Probly on any other night I would root for TCA. but not on Tuesday night..If yall do come in the Thunderdome and pull out a shocker ill root for yall the rest of the way!..Im going with UC by 12..Drive safe.

Thanks Cope. We do have a defender for Simpson. His name is James Bond. Yes Bond, James Bond 007. He carries a mean gun and is known to be defensive stopper! Lol He was one of West Tennessee's best defensive backs in football. He's super athletic. He guarded Martin and did a great job. Martin got a lot of points off of turnovers. He didn't score a lot off of straight up offense. Bond is 6 foot and is very strong. My concern for Simpson is offensive stick backs. As far as Cisco, he's definitely a really good player and is a warrior inside but Pagoaga will be one of the best post players he will have faced in Single A. He is much better than the LC post player whom I thought was pretty solid. Stockdale is definitely a concern. We have to contain him. We aren't going to stop him we just can't let him go wild. It's interesting that Galilee talked about speed. We will run and we actually have as much or more speed than UC. We could not run with Mitchell but who can. They ran on us off of turnovers and not rebounds. I agree it will not be a woodshed game if we lose but I firmly believe we are going to win this game as long as we don't jack up a bunch of forced threes. We tend to do that some. Our boys are focused. They are winners. They know what it takes. I know the UC boys are focused as well. By the way, your gym looks small on film! Looks like the fans are breathing on the players! Lol. TCA by 4!!!!

Edited by TCAIntense

•  

I've seen both of you guys play... TCA is a good team, no doubt about it. But Union City is an elite team... Union City has too many players that can score in a variety of ways. Like I've said before, TCA's best chance of winning this thing is keeping it in the 30's on the scoreboard.

That is why I posted earlier that TCA must make this a half court game.