SUB-STATE: UNION CITY VS. TCA

JDOGG80

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great first half TCA, your Parker player kept you in the game and our Stockdale kept us in the game as he has often this year.  Your team hustles !   I like that.  Our team hustle, we are use to that.  The second half was really what we play day in and day out.  Jitters maybe in the first half at home sounds weird but may have been.  You team could play in our district and finish year in and year out with the type players you have tonight in the top 3 or 4.  Usually it is Union City, Humboldt or Lake County who has it "goin on" that particular year.  As I said, not many in the country will out coach our coaches and we made adjustments and the school class started.  You really didn't need to get in a running game with Union City.  The thing is, I knew that was a plan because your coach sub first and did with three players.  Our coach said yall play 8 total.  At one time your team was shooting somewhere in the 50-50% range which is a little above normal for a team to come into a visiting gym and do so especially under the "looser leave town " match so to speak.  Great game, your crowd was vocal at first and was good.  Your team played hard and never gave up.  But, when we came out in the second half and made our run, your fans and students, players and coaches were stunned and the look said, where did this come from look ?  Oh well...game over.  A Thrashing if you will.  WE want Mitchell and hope we get the chance.

That was a close game first half. That #5 is a heck of a player. The only thing is they didn't have anyway to stop Stockdale, he ended up with 17. I enjoyed our talk before the game man your a class act yourself. Take care.

#5 for TCA said that Stockdale was an incredible player and said he loved his game! What a warrior Stockdale is. He's the MVP of that team no doubt. Deberry is best college prospect due to size and is a great player but if you take Stockdale away from that team they are a totally different team. Still a really good team. Interesting comment made by our players, they said the UC players never once ran their mouths! That's very impressive. They let their play do the talking. Hats off to Cisco for his discipline!

#5 for TCA said that Stockdale was an incredible player and said he loved his game! What a warrior Stockdale is. He's the MVP of that team no doubt. Deberry is best college prospect due to size and is a great player but if you take Stockdale away from that team they are a totally different team. Still a really good team. Interesting comment made by our players, they said the UC players never once ran their mouths! That's very impressive. They let their play do the talking. Hats off to Cisco for his discipline!

Our coach does NOT put up with any of that.  Also, NO SHOW BOATING AT ALL or you go on the bench.  Team is what the practice and play.  Hats off to you guys....intense game for a little but our of schedule games we play to learn and not as much to win, they want to win but our coach picks up off games and plays team as high as 6 A.  Union City has never and will never back down from any team so we always go in prepared for every game.  We were down 17 points at half time against a Memphis Manasses Team back in I think 2009 in the single A championship game.  We came out like tonight in the second half, our coach makes great adjustments and we beat them and went 37 - 0 for the season.  Our sports programs ( all ) are the best overall of ANY school, any class West of the Tennessee River....not braggin' just telling the truth.  Our football just won back to back and could win it again this year coming up...we will be that good.

Edited by ucdiditagain

Told ya, this was a woodshed game and an easy pick.

congrats to TCA for a good season

Yankee thanks for the congrats but It absolutely was not a woodshed game in first half. UC was pretty worried. I know. I talked to a bunch of their fans during half and they were pretty concerned. TCA started jacking threes and taking really bad shots that resulted in runout baskets. They did not run on us off of basic rebounds and outlets. Long rebounds from missed threes makes it easy for an excellent team like UC to score. Add a few unforced turnovers to the jacking of threes and you have a 20-0 run, game over. Game was pretty even outside that run. Now, that run lasted almost the entire 3rd Q and that's part of the game but it wasn't as bad as the score made it appear. I really felt like if we lost it would be by 8 or 10. TCA shot themselves in the foot and you can't do that against one of the two best teams in the state. TCA will be back. 4 juniors played a big part of that game and most likely a 5th will be back next year that didn't play this year. Senior class has no reason to hang their heads. 3 substates in 4 years and lost one of those to state champion Humboldt and most likely to a state champion this year (UC or Mitchell). Those boys were winners in football and basketball. They will be great leaders in life!

TCA IT was a pleasure meeting you man!..Your a classy guy and knows his stuff when it comes to the game of Basketball. .Stockdale has been the MVP for 3 years in my eyes..He just does so much for that team..Ive posted before that that you cant see what you dont wanna see. .My thing is how do people not watch the same game that I do..I also gotta give Simpson mad props..I thought he played very well..He killed yall on the offensive boards..Number 5 was the best player on the floor for TCA NO DOUBT!..The kid can play!..Congrats on a great season for TCA..CLASSY FANS AND PLAYERS AND COACHES!

Will be in somewhat a tight game and you look up and they have put a 20-2 run on you....Well this time it was 23-2 over a full quarter...Great coaches make great adjustments and that's what UC has...Congrats to TCA on a fine season...You guys just learned what many teams already know...We just don't lose Thunderdome Sub-State games...That gym is one electric place at this time of year...

Always be mindfull games are 32 minutes, not 16. If it were only 16 mintues lots of teams would be equals to greater teams, at every level. Games are 4 quarters, not 2. I feel confindent the UC crowd was never worried at the half. Some may have been but i doubt many.....they know the drill and understand the game is 32 minutes. Elite defenses to not allow 20 to 0 runs either. This is to not take anything away from TCA. It's just UC is a completley different level. It happnes.

1st half 27-26 UC

2nd half 43-16 UC

Woodshed 70-42 UC

This was an easy game to pick and a woodshed game, as the score indicates. Also, be mindful that whatever to do with shot selection/turnovers/whatever absolutely has everything to do with playing an elite single A team on the road. Great teams make lesser teams do things they donlt typicall do and take them out of the comfort zone. Has always been taht way and always will be. There are no excuses when the margin is +28 one way.

Folks should read from page 1 to page 10.

I had mentioned at any point you could look up and see UC on a 12/14 to 0 run or somethig like that and at that point is when it would more or less be over because you don't recover at UC's place.

Purpleand Gold Standard mentione 20 to 0 runs...looks like he was right.

Edited by yankees8589