who will be William blount next head coach?

If Shad is indeed the guy, I can guarantee you that those will not be issues any more. If that first one happens, please pull up a chair and some popcorn because that will be good theater. You do NOT miss workouts and/or practice if Shad is your coach. And backtalk coaches.....hehehehe - let's just say that might happen once and that would be it!

I will go on record and say if he does come in and projects to be a hardliner, then he can expect to have a team of 30 kids just like Hammontree did at A&M a couple of years ago.

Kids at Blount will quit. They always have.

He will have to keep reinforcing the positives and build a team before he can start tightening the screws.

Blount can win, but the parents down there and kids attitudes are probably some the worst I have even seen.

and I hate to see that being an Alnwickian.

I will go on record and say if he does come in and projects to be a hardliner, then he can expect to have a team of 30 kids just like Hammontree did at A&M a couple of years ago.

He will have to keep reinforcing the positives and build a team before he can start tightening the screws.

Blount can win, but the parents down there and kids attitudes are probably some the worst I have even seen.

and I hate to see that being an Alnwickian.

I'd rather have a roster of 20 kids than to pamper to a bunch of spoiled brats and meddling parents. 

If its as bad as stated, I can't see Shad taking the job unless he's promised full control up front.   The program will never be successful as long as you let the kids and parents control the situation.   That has been proven time and time again.    Shad is a good guy who knows how to run a program.  

Edited by FreeAgent11

I disagree with this statement. When William Blount was first created, it was put into the AAA District with Oak Ridge and Farragut. All of the schools in the District refused to play those two except WB. And this was with players that had been Single A a few years earlier. This was with players who had a gap in their football careers because "midget" league football ended at 12 years old and most didn't get to play again till 10th grade because there was no middle school/Jr. High football in Blount County Schools except Eagleton Jr. High. Friendsville had a Freshman team that practiced every day, but they didn't schedule any games for them. Oak Ridge was at the top of their game back then, and we didn't back down. We got better every year and closed the gap on OR to 14 pts our Senior year.

There was still a lot of talent in the hallways at WB, even then.

As a matter of fact, there were better football players blowing a trumpet in the stands in those days than on the field at some points.

Between personal politics and kids not wanting to "stick it out" there has always been an issue at Blount. For whatever reason.

Yeah, I think the root of the quitting is usually with the parents. They ###### and moan so much in the living room in front of the kid at home and realize the only way to "get" the coach is to tell their son "you don't have to play if you don't want to". Gotta get parents on board.