who will be William blount next head coach?

Getting Philip Shadowens would be a huge hire for William Blount. I don't think William Blount is the dumpster fire job everyone makes it out to be. I remember when my nephew coached there. He said those WB teams had 7 guys who could outrun any player on Maryvilles team. He said there are athletes there. It's just getting them to go out for football and buying in.

Your nephew is a good one.....wish we could get him back down there.

Regular Season Record 140-60-0 Postseason Record 27-16-0 Overall Record 167-76-0 Overall Winning % 68.7 %

Season/School Regular Season Postseason Overall Season School Record Record Record 2013 Blackman 8-2-0 3-1-0 11-3-0 2012 Blackman 7-3-0 1-1-0 8-4-0 2011 Blackman 7-3-0 1-1-0 8-4-0 2010 Blackman 9-1-0 2-1-0 11-2-0 2009 Blackman 9-1-0 1-1-0 10-2-0 2008 Middle TN Christian 7-3-0 0-1-0 7-4-0 2007 Smyrna 7-3-0 5-0-0 12-3-0 2006 Smyrna 8-2-0 5-0-0 13-2-0 2005 Smyrna 6-4-0 1-1-0 7-5-0 2004 Smyrna 8-2-0 1-1-0 9-3-0 2003 Smyrna 8-2-0 1-1-0 9-3-0 2002 Smyrna 6-4-0 0-1-0 6-5-0 2001 Smyrna 4-6-0 0-1-0 4-7-0 2000 Smyrna 8-2-0 2-1-0 10-3-0 1999 Smyrna 6-4-0 0-0-0 6-4-0 1998 Smyrna 7-3-0 1-1-0 8-4-0 1997 Smyrna 4-6-0 0-0-0 4-6-0 1996 Smyrna 5-5-0 0-1-0 5-6-0 1995 Smyrna 7-3-0 3-1-0 10-4-0 1994 Smyrna 9-1-0 0-1-0 9-2-0

2014                       Blackman                                9-1-0                          2-1-0           11-2

178-78      69.5%

The man has had some great talent at Blackman. That first week of the year when Blackman and Oakland played they were on their game and I seriously doubt the way Maryville started 2014 that we could of played then a decent game. I dreaded all year long playing them again but Oakland took care of them for us though. Was very glad we got the chance at Oakland though.

The man has had some great talent at Blackman. That first week of the year when Blackman and Oakland played they were on their game and I seriously doubt the way Maryville started 2014 that we could of played then a decent game. I dreaded all year long playing them again but Oakland took care of them for us though. Was very glad we got the chance at Oakland though.

Barney,

But you gotta remember he was coaching in the "SEC" of Tn hs football. He needed that talent. He won't be needing that talent now because he'll be up against rinky dink east Tn teams. :popcorneater:

Believe it or not, if it doesn't rain tomorrow, Coach Quarles will be on campus at WB. Of course it will be helping me coach our 10u baseball team in practice. I can't get him to put on any WB attire though. It's fun watching him sweat through a few losses on our baseball team. Everyone needs a loss every now and again!!

Someone mentioned earlier they thought he would be here so long and this being his forth stop I would have to tend to agree. It's like getting married to someone that you know will eventually cheat on you because they have been married already three times and one only lasted one year and the last didn't end so well either, read your papers my friends. It's also that they looked so good that you think you are the special one and they wouldn't do that to you but in all reality when something better comes along they will leave and then where will you be. I can tell you exactly where. Feeling of your nose that you cut off to spite your face by not hiring Scott Meadows back.  I know him personally and some of the moving that he made had to deal with personal tragedies that few are aware of. The move to Catholic was only human. There isn't a person on this dad blame site that wouldn't go to the same very job somewhere else if they offered to double your pay. What person in their right mind wouldn't, Your in a job that requires you to win or your out so some people need to look at it from that angle. Ridge went 5-15 after a great stay at Greenback and within two years the wolves came howling so he stepped aside before getting eaten up. I personally think Meadows would stay the distance this time simply because his wife is from here. I think I know who I would hire and who would leave in two years. 2lj5me1.jpg

Unfortunately as a Blackman Fan I hate to say it, but my money is on Shadowens being the nxt Coach at WB... Heck of a coach , even a better man... your team will be lucky to have him and your Town will be proud to call him theirs. Congrats!!!

I hope they do hire him from what I hear everybody said he's a great man has a great family and really knows what he's doing our kids really deserve the best coach possible and he's the guy to turn it around

I hope they do hire him from what I hear everybody said he's a great man has a great family and really knows what he's doing our kids really deserve the best coach possible and he's the guy to turn it around

Get ready for well organized practices and complete buy in, God Family and football..That is his priorities,and it works.Kids love him parents respect and opponent fear him.If it was an easy move more thanhalf of Blackman move to play for him

Someone mentioned earlier they thought he would be here so long and this being his forth stop I would have to tend to agree. It's like getting married to someone that you know will eventually cheat on you because they have been married already three times and one only lasted one year and the last didn't end so well either, read your papers my friends. It's also that they looked so good that you think you are the special one and they wouldn't do that to you but in all reality when something better comes along they will leave and then where will you be. I can tell you exactly where. Feeling of your nose that you cut off to spite your face by not hiring Scott Meadows back.  I know him personally and some of the moving that he made had to deal with personal tragedies that few are aware of. The move to Catholic was only human. There isn't a person on this dad blame site that wouldn't go to the same very job somewhere else if they offered to double your pay. What person in their right mind wouldn't, Your in a job that requires you to win or your out so some people need to look at it from that angle. Ridge went 5-15 after a great stay at Greenback and within two years the wolves came howling so he stepped aside before getting eaten up. I personally think Meadows would stay the distance this time simply because his wife is from here. I think I know who I would hire and who would leave in two years. 2lj5me1.jpg

Alot of truth in this post!Agree totally.