Classless CPA

UCSportsFan

If you are in the state tournament, then you should be good enough to make it a close game, if not...get blown out.  This isn't little league. 

You have a point, and it would be karma if one of those stars blows out an acl as well.  Not wishing anyone bad luck but i've seen it happen before.  Its called coaching etiquette 101 my friend  :popcorneater:

Those of you who believe starters in up 30 that late are entitled to your own opinion. This I grant you. But actual people who are knowledgeable about sports know you don't steal home plate up 10 runs, throw the Hail Mary up 40 and run the score up with starters that late. Come on people, do you live in a hole and only watch one game per year?

TSSAA will be voting on whether or not to split the public and private schools this summer. NOW is the time to write to them, email them, or phone them! Don't complain about this obviously UNFAIR advantage the recruiting schools have...do something and write them!

By the way, after God gave Seattle that miracle catch at the end of the Superbowl and saw what they did next (throwing the ball for an interception!) He no longer is involved in helping anyone win games...not even the Bible quoting schools.

Using Bible quotes to evade the real issue...the unfair advantage private schools have, especially in single A, isn't an argument for allowing private school recruiting.

TSSAA will be voting on whether or not to split the public and private schools this summer. NOW is the time to write to them, email them, or phone them! Don't complain about this obviously UNFAIR advantage the recruiting schools have...do something and write them!

By the way, after God gave Seattle that miracle catch at the end of the Superbowl and saw what they did next (throwing the ball for an interception!) He no longer is involved in helping anyone win games...not even the Bible quoting schools.

Using Bible quotes to evade the real issue...the unfair advantage private schools have, especially in single A, isn't an argument for allowing private school recruiting.

Agreed. This is if and only if the TSSAA will listen to their members, which is anyone's guess. They have some issues that they never move past discussion stages, that is disappointing to say the least. They have schools in the same class that are over twice the size of others. They seem to solve the problem in football by adding 3 more classes for the playoffs, tell me exactly how that is fair to the kids in other sports? Then in some sports you have and A-AA champ and AAA champ, only 2 state champions, how can this be? And please don't give me this would water it down or just give everyone a trophy defense! Simply look at Alabama, a state identical to us in population and generally considered a football state, they just sold out their state championship at around 16,000 at the Birminghsm Civic Center. The TSSAA should wake up and have some guts to do their job.

the people that will vote on this are the representative from each of the Regions.  These people are made up of AD's Administration or coaches and they represent both public and private schools in there region.  Your AD knows who the rep is for your region.  MASS mail your rep.  I made it easy for you.  here's a link to the list.
http://tssaa.org/about/board-of-control/

it will be interesting when the split happens and recruiting/transfers continues.  What will the town criers say then?  Jr. or Sha'NayNay is still going to transfer.  Bogus address changes are going to happen.  Dishonest and win-at-all-cost parents, coaches and FANS will continue to fan (pun intended) the fire.

Split is going to happen.  when? only God really knows.  BUT there is ONE topic that every man and woman can agree on.

the TSSAA has plenty of hard evidence, film, dvd, SD cards, whatever you want to call it, to do something about the horrific officiating in High School basketball.  Do something about something that can be changed almost immediately and has the unanimous support from every region.

Agreed. This is if and only if the TSSAA will listen to their members, which is anyone's guess. They have some issues that they never move past discussion stages, that is disappointing to say the least. They have schools in the same class that are over twice the size of others. They seem to solve the problem in football by adding 3 more classes for the playoffs, tell me exactly how that is fair to the kids in other sports? Then in some sport you have and A-AA champ and AAA champ, only 2 state champions, how can this be? And please don't give me this would water it down or just give everyone a trophy defense! Simply look at Alabama, a state identical to us in population and generally considered a football state, they just sold out their state championship at around 16,000 at the Birminghsm Civic Center. The TSSAA should wake up and have some guts to do their job.

AL is a bad choice for your agruement.  They have 7 classes and crown 7 girls' and 7 boys' state basketball champs.  They played from Feb 23 - Feb 28.  The best thing that i see is that the girls and biys play the game week.  Girls' games 1st and 3rd.  Boys games 2nd and 4th.  the bad thing was that the 1A teams played semi's on Feb 23 and did not play championship until Feb 27.

BUT there is ONE topic that every man and woman can agree on.

the TSSAA has plenty of hard evidence, film, dvd, SD cards, whatever you want to call it, to do something about the horrific officiating in High School basketball. Do something about something that can be changed almost immediately and has the unanimous support from every region.

Actually, that is about the LAST thing that anything can be done about. I mean seriously, what rock do you live under? Do you think people are lined up to be a TSSAA official? Alot of areas don't have enough officials. You want to get rid the bad officials? Thats fine, do it. But then you better be ready to have one man crews in middle school and JV ball. And two man crews in varsity ball.

The fact of the matter is TN refs are some of the lowest paid in this part of the country. I know MO referees get about 1 1/2 times the amount for a varsity double header as TN refs do my particular area of the state. You get what you pay for. Or I have an idea, the TSSAA can take an even LARGER chunk of of the percentage of what they take from the school's gates to pay for some actual legitimate training for officials, what do you think about that? Try getting the schools to go along with that one.

the people that will vote on this are the representative from each of the Regions.  These people are made up of AD's Administration or coaches and they represent both public and private schools in there region.  Your AD knows who the rep is for your region.  MASS mail your rep.  I made it easy for you.  here's a link to the list.

http://tssaa.org/about/board-of-control/

it will be interesting when the split happens and recruiting/transfers continues.  What will the town criers say then?  Jr. or Sha'NayNay is still going to transfer.  Bogus address changes are going to happen.  Dishonest and win-at-all-cost parents, coaches and FANS will continue to fan (pun intended) the fire.

Split is going to happen.  when? only God really knows.  BUT there is ONE topic that every man and woman can agree on.

the TSSAA has plenty of hard evidence, film, dvd, SD cards, whatever you want to call it, to do something about the horrific officiating in High School basketball.  Do something about something that can be changed almost immediately and has the unanimous support from every region.

Nothing is going to happen with split anytime soon. TSSAA does not want it to happen,  that is why they keep giving excuses about it being a complicated situation that takes much time. Just split them up and let private schools decide how they want to split themselves up. Give CPA a gold ball in every sport and they will be happy.

This was a 4 point game at half. Closer than score indicated until 4 th qtr when Brainerd started shooting 3's and missing trying to come back and the game got away from them. Brainerd has a very good team capable of scoring in spurts. I'm not advocating trying to embarrass an opponent. I was there and just saying game was still in question til 4th qtr. Original poster made it sound differently.