Tough Tennessee High School teams of the Past

BigDave1967

969383_707314905946413_661161608_n.jpg?oFor some reason I thought Beard was a soph. when Halls played them in the '96 game.  Think Bohannon was a senior that year.  Could be wrong.  47 years old, could be slipping memory wise.  Thanks for your help.

I believe you're right. Bohanon was a few years older. I should've known that. I grew up and graduated with him.

Edited by SweetScience

Here's how Oak Ridge did both those seasons

1968 7-2-1

Austin-East W 33-6

Bearden W 35-20

Cleveland L 28-21

Loudon W 26-7

Science Hill T 7-7

Maryville W 33-7

Baylor W 19-7

Alcoa L 6-0

Dobyns Bennett W 13-0

Knox Central W 32-6

1971 9-1

Morristown West 27-0

Knox Central 14-0

Bearden W 6-3

McMinn County W 21-0

Science Hill W 12-7

Chattanooga Riverside W 49-35

Baylor L 7-6

Clinton W 24-13

Elizabethton W 34-14

Sevier County W 35-7

My brother played on the '68 team

Riverdale 94 and 04 teams were probably our best teams with the 01team not far behind

When I was in jr high school I lived in Gallatin. I don't remember the year but Germantown came to and we were undefeated at the time Germantown absolutely destroyed us and the looked like a college team. This was early 80s. I wanna sat 82 or83. I think n 84 Overton put us out

1983 Germantown won it all, beat Gallatin 31-3 in the semis and then Jeff Co. 37-6 in the finals.  And I agree, watching those 1994 & 2004 Riverdale teams were still two of the better ones I've seen.  94' team gave up 17 points total in the playoffs.  '04 team had 8 shutouts on the season.

Hush little boy

Is that all you got? At least come up with something original, the size jokes have been played out since like Kindergarten. But please, tell us some more stories there Pretendo.... Like the time you impersonated Kamala, Abdullah the Butcher, at Mabel with some of that fake Wrasslin you did at Cleveland.