W 24-0 Karns

W 35-7 Oak Ridge

W 34-0 Howard

W 27-0 Carter

Playoffs

W 28-14 Clinton

W 41-0 Sullivan South

L 7-16 Rhea County

No, I never saw him play.  He was just a bit before me, but a lot of the Maryville types on this forum can tell you more about him than I can.  I go back to about 1970 watching high school football in this area, which was when I started playing junior high school football (junior highs in the old Knoxville City School System were grades 7,8,9 then and had "santioned" junior high football).  

Al's son played with my nephew at Alcoa and was a tremendous athlete.  He signed with Georgia in football, but never got there because he was a high baseball draft pick by the Pirates and signed a baseball contract out of Alcoa.  Little Al was a great athlete.  He made it to AA baseball, but injuries ended his career.  

Little Al's son was a starter at WR for Maryville this past fall as a freshman.  He has a chance to be pretty special, himself.  

Thanks for the info. Most guys in BC that were around in the sixties almost all say Big Al was the best player/running back ever in the area

Dante is my 1st cousin and we are together a lot and still talk about how much fun we used to have playing in high school. He just didn't have his head on straight. We watched our highlight tape the other day. He was special

I go to Cleveland High, and all I ever hear is how good Dante Hickey was. Could you tell me like his vitals or something (height,weight,40 time) Thanks

Edited by Shmeat01

I go to Cleveland High, and all I ever here is how good dante hickey was. Could you tell me like his vitals or something (height,weight,40 time) Thanks

He was a special special player. 6'4 200 pounds. He was built like Tee Higgins from Oak Ridge. Played every skill position on the field offense/defense Gene Stallings came to every practice. Ran a 4.4 and could dunk in the 6th grade

Edited by fooseball95

:popcorneater: ....

Something else you'll notice my uncle said one time when we were watching this was that people traveled from everywhere in the state to come see him play. I don't go to any other Alcoa games other than the Maryville game but he follows Alcoa every game and has for sixty years and always brings up he misses the days when the stands were full.

Ezell Harding 2001-2002. Scott Smith was running the spread no huddle offense 16yrs ahead of the game when high schools were dominated by the traditional I formations & wing-t. No high school defense in middle Tennessee was prepared for that type of up tempo offense & spread formations at that time. Truly a special team with special coaches & players in that Era.

Aug. 17 Loretto W 76-21

Aug. 24 at Upperman W 42-0

Aug. 31 CPA W 26-20

Sep. 14 DCA W 48-14

Sep. 21 at Boyd Buchanan W 42-14

Sep. 28 at Nashville Christian W 52-0

Oct. 5 at Lighthouse Christian W 46-0

Oct. 12 Jo Byrns W 21-14

Oct. 19 Clarksville Academy W 81-0

Oct. 26 at Franklin Road Academy W 41-7

Moore County

1A Playoffs First Round W 55-20