Tough Tennessee High School teams of the Past

BigDave1967

Is that all you got? At least come up with something original, the size jokes have been played out since like Kindergarten. But please, tell us some more stories there Pretendo.... Like the time you impersonated Kamala, Abdullah the Butcher, at Mabel with some of that fake Wrasslin you did at Cleveland.

If I were u, I'd have my kids Getting better that u u always talk about. That butt whoppin y'all took last night, u better get used to it lol

I believe you're right. Bohanon was a few years older. I should've known that. I grew up and graduated with him.

He is correct, Beard was a junior when Maryville played them in 97. Bohannon graduated in 97 with your boy McAddley. I remember those two well and Jason lives in AZ last I heard from Shaun.

If I were u, I'd have my kids Getting better that u u always talk about. That butt whoppin y'all took last night, u better get used to it lol

Not my group, but thanks. Considering we're a year or two away from being really good I could care less what you think. Way to deflect your inadequacies on a bunch of kids though, real "big" of you.

He is correct, Beard was a junior when Maryville played them in 97. Bohannon graduated in 97 with your boy McAddley. I remember those two well and Jason lives in AZ last I heard from Shaun.

Yes sir he sure does. Has a gorgeous fiance too. Still may be the greatest athlete I have ever seen up close with my two eyes. Higgins is up there too, but Mcaddley could do it all. Finished top 5 his SR year in the decathlon. Overall tremendous athlete.

Yes sir he sure does. Has a gorgeous fiance too. Still may be the greatest athlete I have ever seen up close with my two eyes. Higgins is up there too, but Mcaddley could do it all. Finished top 5 his SR year in the decathlon. Overall tremendous athlete.

I stilled lived in Oak Ridge when Jason played and saw almost all of his games. He has tremendous speed and was certainly an athlete with a huge upside that he reached at Alabama and the NFL. He did drop a few passes when wide open but made the more difficult ones. I remember his senior year he dropped two would be TDs down at Rhea County on a Thursday night. I sat behind him and Mike Gipson at the Farragut game the next night and he was still upset about the drops and Mike was trying to get him to get over it that he still had faith in him.

Higgins on the other hand has the ability to catch almost everything thrown his way, the low ball and especially the high pass thrown in traffic. Jason was faster but Tee was able to gain yardage after the catch, too. Higgins was also a better return man than Jason and a much better DB than Jason. To be fair to Jason, I don't think he was actually called on to play defense so that comparison may be mute.

To me advantage goes to Tee.

Now, the best player I saw was Summers. A monster on defense and I stud running back. The fact he led us to the 1991 State Championship will always cause me to place  him number one over players like Gulmire, Bohanon and Higgins..

Gosh, it feels so good to talk/debate Oak Ridge football again.

I stilled lived in Oak Ridge when Jason played and saw almost all of his games. He has tremendous speed and was certainly an athlete with a huge upside that he reached at Alabama and the NFL. He did drop a few passes when wide open but made the more difficult ones. I remember his senior year he dropped two would be TDs down at Rhea County on a Thursday night. I sat behind him and Mike Gipson at the Farragut game the next night and he was still upset about the drops and Mike was trying to get him to get over it that he still had faith in him.

Higgins on the other hand has the ability to catch almost everything thrown his way, the low ball and especially the high pass thrown in traffic. Jason was faster but Tee was able to gain yardage after the catch, too. Higgins was also a better return man than Jason and a much better DB than Jason. To be fair to Jason, I don't think he was actually called on to play defense so that comparison may be mute.

To me advantage goes to Tee.

Now, the best player I saw was Summers. A monster on defense and I stud running back. The fact he led us to the 1991 State Championship will always cause me to place him number one over players like Gulmire, Bohanon and Higgins..

Gosh, it feels so good to talk/debate Oak Ridge football again.

I'm getting emotional Willie. Stop.

For some reason I thought Beard was a soph. when Halls played them in the '96 game. Think Bohannon was a senior that year. Could be wrong. 47 years old, could be slipping memory wise. Thanks for your help.

Beard was a sophomore in 1996. Henderson was a junior. Fitzgerald was a senior.

Beard's sophomore and junior years were PC's state championship years. In '98 (Beard's senior year) PC lost to Whites Creek in the quarterfinals.

Marion Co Warriors 15-0

1994 3A State Champions

MC 6 So Pitt 0

MC 44 McMinnville Central 3

MC 26 Bledsoe Co 0

MC 41 Chattanooga Howard 6

MC 56 Chattanooga City HS 0

MC 61 Tyner 0

MC 42 Sequatchie Co 8

MC 41 Madisonville 0

MC 49 Spring Hill 6

MC 42 Grundy Co 0

MC 49 York Institute 7

MC 50 Rutledge 6

MC 42 Kingston 0

MC 41 Knox West 8

MC 43 Portland 14

In my opinion the best Marion Co. team ever. 1st string defense didn't give up a point until the semis when Knox West went up 8-0 early. Offense responded with 41 straight. Marion won 4 titles in 6 years and should have won it in 1993 as well. (2 in 2A and 2 in 3A) with a total record of 78-6 in those 6 years. This is when there were only 3 and 4 classes with privates combined with publics.

On a side note I saw the Cleveland teams of the 90's that people speak of on here. They were the best high school teams I've ever witnessed.

Edited by PurplePower68

Marion Co Warriors 15-0

1994 3A State Champions

MC 6 So Pitt 0

MC 44 McMinnville Central 3

MC 26 Bledsoe Co 0

MC 41 Chattanooga Howard 6

MC 56 Chattanooga City HS 0

MC 61 Tyner 0

MC 42 Sequatchie Co 8

MC 41 Madisonville 0

MC 49 Spring Hill 6

MC 42 Grundy Co 0

MC 49 York Institute 7

MC 50 Rutledge 6

MC 42 Kingston 0

MC 41 Knox West 8

MC 43 Portland 14

In my opinion the best Marion Co. team ever. 1st string defense didn't give up a point until the semis when Knox West went up 8-0 early. Offense responded with 41 straight. Marion won 4 titles in 6 years (2 in 2A and 2 in 3A) with a total records of 78-6 in those 6 years. This is when there were only 3 and 4 classes with privates combined with publics.

On a side note I saw the Cleveland teams of the 90's that people speak of on here. They were the best high school teams I've ever witnessed.

I was on those Cleveland 90s teams and remember Marion while we were at state. They had some tough teams as well

1969 Morristown East Cyclones coached by Rex Dockery

11-1 State Champs (first playoff state champion in state's highest class)

W 7-6 Science Hill

L 13-14 Dobyns-Bennett

W 63-0 Cocke Co

W 43-0 Sevier Co

W 27-2 Greeneville

W 40-0 Jefferson

W 34-0 Tennessee

W 31-8 Elizabethton

W 39-8 Unicoi Co

W 30-0 Knox Central (KY)

Playoffs:

Semis