Coach Aydelott

bad parenting, no more padlling in schools, breakup of the traditional to parent home, church not beong prioritzed......all factor in this. 100 bucks say this kid doesn't live at home with both married mom and dad, attend church reguarly, and got whippings while he was growing up.

God was kicked out of schools and the devil replaced

• Upvote 2

Had the pleasure of speaking with Coach Aydelott several times on my show and always enjoyed our conversations. I've had my mouth wired shut for six weeks from a broken jaw and I can tell you that its rough!

Prayers for Coach and may God bless you with a quick and speedy recovery.

All campuses need an armed person for instances like this. This kid could of committed homicide had it not been broken up.

I think we should let this play out and let the facts come out.  Regardless, there is no excuse for the kid's actions. That's just not remotely acceptable or justifiable for any reason.

That said, it really feels like Riverdale's just spinning out of control and needs new leadership from the principal (maybe even higher) down to the lowest level.     

I know this may not be appropriate but in all honesty it's going to be hard for Ron to come back and be effective now. I would look at it from a kid's perspective and from mine if I were in this situation. The coach took a severe beat down from a kid. Yes it was criminal and the kid needs to be prosecuted but we all know he will be back on the streets...its the way the juvenile system works. I just don't think his players will look at him in the same manner now...and he will always be on the offensive. It's going to hurt his discipline no way around it. I just wonder if this would have happened with Rankin...and what would he have done if it did.

Edited by midsouthvol

I know this may not be appropriate but in all honesty it's going to be hard for Ron to come back and be effective now. I would look at it from a kid's perspective and from mine if I were in this situation. The coach took a severe beat down from a kid. Yes it was criminal and the kid needs to be prosecuted but we all know he will be back on the streets...its the way the juvenile system works. I just don't think his players will look at him in the same manner now...and he will always be on the offensive. It's going to hurt his discipline no way around it. I just wonder if this would have happened with Rankin...and what would he have done if it did.

Why can't it be the other way?  His players close ranks and rally around him in a time of crisis.  It's evident that it wasn't a sanctioned fight-so why would it matter if he "took a beat down"?  C'mon Man!!!! 

The issue is a combination of things. Poor parenting or lack there of and a judicial system that was a little lax in there judgement to release this young man back to probation and a general sense of entitlement that exist in so many kids. Don't get me wrong, I believe there is a distinct possibility a person can prove themselves worthy of a second chance, but we have left out that whole part of "earning it" You earn a paycheck, you earn your grades, you earn your spot on a football team and DANG IT respect too!!!..... Why oh why do we hand out second chances/ get out of jail free cards like they hold no value?  When you earn things, it is a proven fact you hold more pride in having it and you work harder to keep it. This young man(term used loosely) was not ready for a second chance and now he will get to pay the piper... and unfortunately so will Coach with this senseless beating. If you have a young man or woman living in your home, remind them that you let them earn some things because you love them. 

Edited by Blaze45

with this theory....If Saban takes a beating from a 20 y/o college kid....they should just get rid of him because the players won't play for him no more. Not all coaches are 6'5 280 pound beast, their job is to coach, not play. And for the kids sake, hope he doest try to return to Riverdale after his punishment. I would think a lot of the ball players won't be to friendly with him to put it mildly. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Second chances...???...Third chances....???.....I read where this young man was already on probation for assaulting his own sister....Give me a break and cry me a river.....I think mkd hit it about right.....And coachspanky might be onto something.....Get well Coach A....

Edited by STARSNBARS