Next Dyersburg Coach

HoopsTN1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess, I'll see Monday, just found out Crockett has a new girls (ladies) coach. Mmmmmm that young lady could coach xand she seemingly had Coffman number at the end of the season...........the young lady did a heck of a job with them, if she moved on to another school they got a good coach.... 

•  

So doesn't it make you wonder if she was such a good coach why is she not still coaching???  She was handed a solid team that talent wise should've beat Dyersburg every time they played them.  How she gained her head coaching position and the reason she lost it were both shady and unethical.  She had another coaches number alright, but it wasn't Coffman's.

They should have a lot of talent or more to choose from but at the same time, small communities breathe basketball..cas see them moving up, bigger school, more money but don't remember Gleason really being a top notch Single A team like years in the past.Dyersburg fans probably won't like making 20 passes before they shoot or 36 to 30 games, ahthough Gleason did win State one year in particular with a lackluster offense, taking good shots and play great defense.Maybe just something they felt likevthey have had to do in recent years due to the talent level

Edited by mrbigster

No Love 2 Watch, I try to never concern myself with the behind the scene shenanigans involved in sorted messy situations. I know that the former ladies coach seemed to turn things around and found out she had moved on, I assumed she was still coaching, perhaps it was not the thing for her or maybe some people were coming to conclusions or creating mess and she moved on. Good luck to her, my concern is hopefully The D`burg group made a good selection, this team will be much more athletic then those Gleason teams so I hope we are not going to pass the ball in a slow down offense, but Mr Ayers ur the coach, justnmske sure we continue to win is what's most important.

Joel is a great coach and a great guy. I worked with him at Gleason in 07-08. His wife is one of the best single A players to come out of West Tn. She has a ton of experience on all levels. 

Joel will be a fundamental coach but I don't think he'll stick to one style. He'll run if his players can run, he won't if they can't. 

Keep in mind Kayla Hudson (mentioned in almost every job in West TN,) Joel Ayers, and Ashley Ayers (McElhiney) are all products of Randy Frazier in some form.

Yeah I like the chances for Dyersburg. I will take my chances with MVP's of the state tourney and girls that played on the big stage in college. She was a star player at Vandy as was Kayla at Union. Why would people not want to have coaches that have been on the big stage as a player? They were leaders on the floor, know the fundamentals of the game and X's and O's and obviously made other players better as they won championships. They are all just young and got out of college a few years. Give them a chance.