The Favorite in 1A

RegisP90X

I agree with you as well. The west is just far superior right now. It would take GREAT teams like Ezell 2001, Trousdale 2005, SP 2007, Trousdale 2008 to beat the west right now. Whoever repersents the east will get by a minimum of 28 this season as well. It's just not close right now.

I agree.I also understand that "Anything can happen",but we have to be realistic,Trenton and Nashville Christian could win 2A and compete in the 3A class.GB will be a good 1A team and are very capable of representing but thats all we will do is represent(if we make it).The West has whipped the East the past few games and last yr if UC doesnt shoot themselves in the foot the first half,it would have been a much worse outcome and we lost to that Coalfield team that got trounced by UC!These West teams this yr should be better than that UC team last yr.The East will be as competitive as it ever has but the West will hold the Gold!IMO.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with you 100%. You have been doing your homework.

I seen it first hand last yr when Nashville Christian put us out in the 2nd round. Wayne Co held them to just a TD at the Half but we went on to get beat 21-0. Was just the 2nd time in the last 8 seasons that we have not scored a TD. They return everyone except Givens the OT who went to Ole Miss. I know UC lost alot and Peabody won state last yr so I think the "Real" championship game will be in the 3rd rd and Semi's moreso than the actually game in Cookeville.

Haha! I think you're right! It's all about the facilities....lol. Guess we need to start a fund raising campaign

With the new school and the nice facilities I'd say Greenback may pick up a few kids every year. Public ,private ot whatever,when you have something better to offer,some are gonna jump on board.

With the new school and the nice facilities I'd say Greenback may pick up a few kids every year. Public ,private ot whatever,when you have something better to offer,some are gonna jump on board.

We hope!Cant compete with 190 kids compared to 350 to 400!!Look at last yrs Championship and watch this yrs.LOL!

Yes it does. I have been saying it for years. Schools like ours that have 230 or less students have a hard time with the 1A schools with 350 plus. I remember a time when the east was like the west is now. SP, Boyd, Oneida, CPA, DCA, FRA, Friendship, Trousdale, Gordonsville, Hampton were all on the same side of the bracket. Now the role is reversed and the west is loaded.

Any info who Oneida is returning this year as starters or possible starters? My 2nd cousin is a Junior there this year, I spoke to his mom and she said they have 8 seniors and didn't have a spring game. I'm not sure who all is on the team this year that saw significant playing time in 2014. I wish I had kept the local newspaper's preview edition from last year. ;[

Kind on an old post to quote but thought I'd toss my 2 cents in. Offensively we lose 3 seniors, all linemen & a part time QB for a fourth (he split time until he broke his hand against coalfield last season). We return 4 juniors, 2 sophomores and a freshman from the starting offensive lineup with the QB still being a race to see who is the starter. Defensively lose 4 seniors. 1 lineman, 2 LB's & a corner. Returning 6 juniors and a sophomore from the defensive lineup. This years team should be pretty tough if we can plug a few holes. I'm not crowning them world beaters by any stretch. Just another hard nosed bunch of Indians with potential.

Kind on an old post to quote but thought I'd toss my 2 cents in. Offensively we lose 3 seniors, all linemen & a part time QB for a fourth (he split time until he broke his hand against coalfield last season). We return 4 juniors, 2 sophomores and a freshman from the starting offensive lineup with the QB still being a race to see who is the starter. Defensively lose 4 seniors. 1 lineman, 2 LB's & a corner. Returning 6 juniors and a sophomore from the defensive lineup. This years team should be pretty tough if we can plug a few holes. I'm not crowning them world beaters by any stretch. Just another hard nosed bunch of Indians with potential.

Typical Indians the will play 4 quarters and if your not ready thats when they will beat you!Ask me how we know this!LOL.Good to hear from you again crow!!!

Sounds like another, typical, Lambert team. Oneida will have a much better chance of making the show now that they are in 1A.