Maryville has not lost since 8/26/2010 (reg season)

blazer1set

West almost clipped them a couple of times the past few years but they pulled away in the 4th like always.

Depth depth and depth. OR played with them a few times when we were playing with them, but while we had numerous guys playing both ways they were rotating fresh body after fresh body in and out and it eventually wears a team down that's playing guys both ways, so they would pull away as the game went on.

Edited by SweetScience

I'm here to tell George Quarles and Maryville that there's a new sheriff in town- Phillip Shadowens B)

You can now stop using the words sheriff and the LA coach in the same sentence. WB needs to build a foundation these next two yrs with the talent in the jr/sr classes.

I'm here to tell George Quarles and Maryville that there's a new sheriff in town- Phillip Shadowens B)

Gov in order for W.B. to have a chance at all in pulling one off against Maryville they would have to catch them early in the season on the first or second game just like Alcoa did the last time. The Rebels have always had a tendency to start off slow and end with a bang by playoff time. There have been a few exceptions over the years but this can be traced all the way back when I was there in the mid seventies. Kids are kids and believe what the papers and adults tell them and let it go to their heads and think that all they have to do is just show up until a team gives them a run for their money and gives them a good wake up call. I said this last year that had we played Blackman or Oakland at the opening of the season that they would have killed us but things change once GQ has a few games with them to get the machine rolling. That is one of the reasons I am afraid of Fulton this early. Most people think that because they lost a bunch  to graduation that all we have to do is show up. Fulton is just like Maryville and reloads. Their second team came in last year and didn't miss a beat and that's why they beat teams like a drum 84-0. I still think Maryville will win but it will be closer than some think because of the time it's being played.

I think maryvilles offense will have to carry the team this year although they have some defensive talent.

Disagree.  The DTs are inexperienced and, of course, Koons cannot really be replaced at the same level.  However, the DEs are good, the LBs are very good, the DBs will also be very good.  This defense will be better than some folks think.

Disagree.  The DTs are inexperienced and, of course, Koons cannot really be replaced at the same level.  However, the DEs are good, the LBs are very good, the DBs will also be very good.  This defense will be better than some folks think.

OR2 ole Colton Murrell iz baick at DT and played good laist yeer....We knead two find one moore DT......Matt and Keller ort two bee vurry good att DE imo..... :popcorneater:

There is no doubt last year in the state game when Koons went out Ravenwood ran at will on us and it will be a weak point because of the unproven depth at that position. The offensive line lost almost everyone also but Ellis seems to always work his magic there. The rest of the team is pretty solid and stacked deep with proven players.

Gov in order for W.B. to have a chance at all in pulling one off against Maryville they would have to catch them early in the season on the first or second game just like Alcoa did the last time. The Rebels have always had a tendency to start off slow and end with a bang by playoff time. There have been a few exceptions over the years but this can be traced all the way back when I was there in the mid seventies. Kids are kids and believe what the papers and adults tell them and let it go to their heads and think that all they have to do is just show up until a team gives them a run for their money and gives them a good wake up call. I said this last year that had we played Blackman or Oakland at the opening of the season that they would have killed us but things change once GQ has a few games with them to get the machine rolling. That is one of the reasons I am afraid of Fulton this early. Most people think that because they lost a bunch to graduation that all we have to do is show up. Fulton is just like Maryville and reloads. Their second team came in last year and didn't miss a beat and that's why they beat teams like a drum 84-0. I still think Maryville will win but it will be closer than some think because of the time it's being played.

I will be here closer to the game telling you about the perfect storm and how everything will fall into place for us to win that game. Lmao