Why doesn't maryville play other states top teams?

Dude ... I'm very calm ... are you the Posting Police ?  I know we're living in a different world today , but last time I checked I had a right to say what I want ... as do you ... every now and then someone might say something you don't like ... I hope you can handle the trauma . I'm sure you've had your share of disappointments being a County man so I'm betting you'll be alright .

That's actually not true. You can't scream fire in a crowded place or say bomb on an airplane. You have got to be one uptight insecure man to be this defensive, especially as this whole topic concerns high school sports. But I'm happy for you that your school of choice is successful, I hate to see what you're like if they were terrible.

Bc we haiv a lot less munny now.....Julius Britt haz put forth hiz "capitull budget" whur us tacks payers inn Alcoee and Mairvul pay tha saim tacks az tha cowntee (pluss citty tacksus) butt Julius doesn't want two shair wif tha citty skools....Britt must reemimburr thay started a war wonce ovur taxashun wifout reepresentashun.......Pluss stealin' iz rong in my Good Book.... :popcorneater:

Last I read that didn't pass.

Last I read that didn't pass.

Ewe musta missed tha part on tha new tacks encrease, whur .04 weal go two Blunt skools onlee and no sharin' wif tha citty skools.....Inn othur werds....citty tacks payurs weal take thait 4 cents and knott shair.........(stealin')..........................What a good nabor...... :angry:

Ewe musta missed tha part on tha new tacks encrease, whur .04 weal go two Blunt skools onlee and no sharin' wif tha citty skools.....Inn othur werds....citty tacks payurs weal take thait 4 cents and knott shair.........(stealin')..........................What a good nabor...... :angry:

I hate that for you. If the county was moving money for cosmetic purposes you might have a point. If they're moving it so my kids don't have to wear a jacket and gloves in the building to stay warm, I could careless how the city folk feel about it in their new school buildings.

I hate that for you. If the county was moving money for cosmetic purposes you might have a point. If they're moving it so my kids don't have to wear a jacket and gloves in the building to stay warm, I could careless how the city folk feel about it in their new school buildings.

Hey eye haiv no problum payin' extree tackus, az long az hits deevided equal....Butt Britt sez lett's pool our munny togethur go two Showknee's buy a strawburry pie and eye'm knott gonna shair wif ewe.......Eye haiv a point reegardless.....Stealin' iz rong......And Prospeck, Hairtige Middull, Eagletun, Carpenturs, Carpentur's Middull, Union Groav Middull iz a lott newur thain 1938 when'st Deer Old Mairvul Hi wuz bilt...... :popcorneater:

:popcorneater:

I personally am glad the Fulton game is on the schedule for one but before that itch can even be scratched we have a bunch of people coming up with another itch to go out of state to play a game. Lets say that happens and Maryville wins what will the doubters want next. There are a handful of teams in the state that repeat year end and year out and there are reasons for each one of these teams to be doing this on a regular basic. There are teams that have been good in the past or decent that have fallen and can't get up and there are reasons for that also. The day will come when Maryville eventually turns in a 8-2 worksheet and all the haters will come by hoping to witness someone jumping off the back of the stadium while the empire burns.

Hey eye haiv no problum payin' extree tackus, az long az hits deevided equal....Butt Britt sez lett's pool our munny togethur go two Showknee's buy a strawburry pie and eye'm knott gonna shair wif ewe.......Eye haiv a point reegardless.....Stealin' iz rong......And Prospeck, Hairtige Middull, Eagletun, Carpenturs, Carpentur's Middull, Union Groav Middull iz a lott newur thain 1938 when'st Deer Old Mairvul Hi wuz bilt...... :popcorneater:

:popcorneater:

Don't even try to talk about equal. This isn't strawberry pie, these are children. If funds are being shuffled so that kids are in a comfortable and healthy environment then that's what has to be done. If funds were being moved so every kid in the county could get their own iPad thats a different story. And I can guarantee that dear old maryville is in much better shape and has more upgrades than half the schools you just listed.

You don't like the way county dollars are split, run for the county commission. Although I think they'll ask you to alter your writing style a tad.

I personally am glad the Fulton game is on the schedule for one but before that itch can even be scratched we have a bunch of people coming up with another itch to go out of state to play a game. Lets say that happens and Maryville wins what will the doubters want next. There are a handful of teams in the state that repeat year end and year out and there are reasons for each one of these teams to be doing this on a regular basic. There are teams that have been good in the past or decent that have fallen and can't get up and there are reasons for that also. The day will come when Maryville eventually turns in a 8-2 worksheet and all the haters will come by hoping to witness someone jumping off the back of the stadium while the empire burns.

Barney, I too am looking forward to Maryville/Fulton! Wish it was 2 years ago but I will take it now. That being said, Maryville is the most dominant and complete team in this state over the last 10-15 years. I would pay dang good money to watch a Maryville HS vs. Buford HS in GA! It has absolutely nothing to do with me wanting Maryville to lose. I would just love to see two great coached teams get after each other! I would be cheering on the Rebels. I would love to see us do it but I truly don't think we could hang within 21 of them.

Edited by Knoxvul