Why doesn't maryville play other states top teams?

pepvol,

I know it's an ugly truth but hey that's what happens when the Biggest, so-called Baddest Public School in the State doesn't even consider a Tidewater VA power, or a Western NC power or a Nothern GA power or a Low Country SC power... But, as long as yall keep the Gold ball I guess there's no proper criticism for the mighty Red Dragon.

Constantly beating Knox Co. and Blount Co. schools is NOT impressing us in Memphis. Here's hoping Da Haven gets another crack, unless Rutherford Co. finally does what they been claiming they can do :mrgreen:  :popcorneater:  

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

pepvol,

I know it's an ugly truth but hey that's what happens when the Biggest, so-called Baddest Public School in the State...

:popcorneater:  

Maryville is not the biggest. We only have a little over 1,500 students. We had to petition to play up.

Maryville is not the baddest. We are consistantly rated as one of the top high schools in the state.

One year, every game we played was against out of state competition. Look it up.

Not too long ago when we were 4A we got to hear how Lucky we were that we didn't have to play against the " Big Boys " ... I still Remember how some teams let us know that Playing against the "Stiffer Competition" that they did week after week would be what helped them Mercy Rule us ... then we went and Played against the " Big Boys " ... well you all know how that has gone , but all of a sudden the Story has changed to that Previous edge that was held by playing the "Stiffer Competition" no longer would help teams beat us ... it actually prevents teams from beating us .... I tell you what , why don't we go jump on some bandwagons of teams from other States now that Maryville is Scared to play .... it just never stops 

I expect this scenario from BHS .... that's what he is ... a jealous hater ... but when other adults keep digging and trying their best to find some way to belittle a Team that has had the Greatest run in TN high School Football history ... a Team that has a bunch of Hard nosed , tough kids , scattered with a few Stars here and there ... 

Maryville is a PUBLIC High School .... that means we can't forget about all the other kids at Maryville and Start Jetting our Football players across the Country  to satisfy a few Grown men on a High School Message Board who are just Dying to see somebody do what none of their teams have been able to do .... and yes , I call that Pathetic . It's very easy for me to congratulate all the other teams out there every year who win a State Championship because I know all of the young Men are out there giving their Heart and Soul to help their team be a better team .... the Concept of telling one of these teams that ... Oh Ya .... bet you can't beat so and so " Is completely alien to me , and just makes me Shake my head about some of these so called Adults we have on this Board . 

Not too long ago when we were 4A we got to hear how Lucky we were that we didn't have to play against the " Big Boys " ... I still Remember how some teams let us know that Playing against the "Stiffer Competition" that they did week after week would be what helped them Mercy Rule us ... then we went and Played against the " Big Boys " ... well you all know how that has gone , but all of a sudden the Story has changed to that Previous edge that was held by playing the "Stiffer Competition" no longer would help teams beat us ... it actually prevents teams from beating us .... I tell you what , why don't we go jump on some bandwagons of teams from other States now that Maryville is Scared to play .... it just never stops 

I expect this scenario from BHS .... that's what he is ... a jealous hater ... but when other adults keep digging and trying their best to find some way to belittle a Team that has had the Greatest run in TN high School Football history ... a Team that has a bunch of Hard nosed , tough kids , scattered with a few Stars here and there ... 

Maryville is a PUBLIC High School .... that means we can't forget about all the other kids at Maryville and Start Jetting our Football players across the Country  to satisfy a few Grown men on a High School Message Board who are just Dying to see somebody do what none of their teams have been able to do .... and yes , I call that Pathetic . It's very easy for me to congratulate all the other teams out there every year who win a State Championship because I know all of the young Men are out there giving their Heart and Soul to help their team be a better team .... the Concept of telling one of these teams that ... Oh Ya .... bet you can't beat so and so " Is completely alien to me , and just makes me Shake my head about some of these so called Adults we have on this Board .

Dude, calm down. You are getting way to defensive. Most of the people on here simply said they were intrigued about what would happen if maryville played another states top team, and since this is a football chat board, it seems a fititing place to talk about it. For the most part, people arent trying to slander your beloved rebels.

Also, to all the maryville fans, stop trying to make money an issue. I grew up in blount county and now have kids and nieces and nephews in blount county and I know maryville city doesn't hurt for money. This is a school system that has put in turf, a jumbo tron, a new baseball field, and is putting an iPad in the hands of every student. (I'm not saying any of those are bad or undeserved, but just pointing out you have money). Also, maryville already has three teams on their schedule that are 2+ hours away. You're telling me they couldn't afford to travel 3 an a half hours to metro Atlanta to play a team from that area?

I made this tread and the point is I want to see maryville play other top competition from other states. Yes I know they play a tough schedule for a Tennessee high school football team, but Tennessee isn't anywhere close to a top football state. Will it prove anything? No but if I've won 11 state championships in the last 15 years I'd want to raise the bar and see how I stack up against a top non Tennessee team. And no I'm not disrespecting Maryville. heck they are the team everyone strives for. But what I'm saying is other teams do it so why can't they. Sorry to ruffles the rebel fans but ur taking this way out of context.

Dude, calm down. You are getting way to defensive. Most of the people on here simply said they were intrigued about what would happen if maryville played another states top team, and since this is a football chat board, it seems a fititing place to talk about it. For the most part, people arent trying to slander your beloved rebels.

Also, to all the maryville fans, stop trying to make money an issue. I grew up in blount county and now have kids and nieces and nephews in blount county and I know maryville city doesn't hurt for money. This is a school system that has put in turf, a jumbo tron, a new baseball field, and is putting an iPad in the hands of every student. (I'm not saying any of those are bad or undeserved, but just pointing out you have money). Also, maryville already has three teams on their schedule that are 2+ hours away. You're telling me they couldn't afford to travel 3 an a half hours to metro Atlanta to play a team from that area?

Dude ... I'm very calm ... are you the Posting Police ?  I know we're living in a different world today , but last time I checked I had a right to say what I want ... as do you ... every now and then someone might say something you don't like ... I hope you can handle the trauma . I'm sure you've had your share of disappointments being a County man so I'm betting you'll be alright . 

Also, to all the maryville fans, stop trying to make money an issue. I grew up in blount county and now have kids and nieces and nephews in blount county and I know maryville city doesn't hurt for money. This is a school system that has put in turf, a jumbo tron, a new baseball field, and is putting an iPad in the hands of every student. (I'm not saying any of those are bad or undeserved, but just pointing out you have money). 

Bc we haiv a lot less munny now.....Julius Britt haz put forth hiz "capitull budget" whur us tacks payers inn Alcoee and Mairvul pay tha saim tacks az tha cowntee (pluss citty tacksus) butt Julius doesn't want two shair wif tha citty skools....Britt must reemimburr thay started a war wonce ovur taxashun wifout reepresentashun.......Pluss stealin' iz rong in my Good Book.... :popcorneater:

Bc we haiv a lot less munny now.....Julius Britt haz put forth hiz "capitull budget" whur us tacks payers inn Alcoee and Mairvul pay tha saim tacks az tha cowntee (pluss citty tacksus) butt Julius doesn't want two shair wif tha citty skools....Britt must reemimburr thay started a war wonce ovur taxashun wifout reepresentashun.......Pluss stealin' iz rong in my Good Book.... :popcorneater:

It's Vladimir Britt. Get it right. B) Edited by Governors91