Why doesn't maryville play other states top teams?

I could care less about playing out of state teams. Maryville is playing a great team in Fulton that was highly ranked. Wouldn't mind seeing Maryville play Ensworth,MBA or Brentwood Academy either. Maryville only has 3 non region games. Alcoa will always be an opponent. Fulton and Heritage are other non conference opponents.

Barn I believe your getting d-1 guys and sec guys confused. Maryville had at least 3 or 4 guys sign d-1 last year didn't they?

Your right. I'm thinking big time such as Stanford, Clemson, Vanderbilt, Tennessee and Auburn which Maryville had players go to over a twelve year haul unless I'm forgetting someone and I'm talking about kids that played not stopped by for a drink of coffee and moved on. Some of those teams in Florida and Georgia have three or four players a year going big time with more coming on behind them. I'm smart enough to know the outcome. Look at the Hoover and Blackman game, Bad calls which I expected and Blackman got beat.

Your right. I'm thinking big time such as Stanford, Clemson, Vanderbilt, Tennessee and Auburn which Maryville had players go to over a twelve year haul unless I'm forgetting someone and I'm talking about kids that played not stopped by for a drink of coffee and moved on. Some of those teams in Florida and Georgia have three or four players a year going big time with more coming on behind them. I'm smart enough to know the outcome. Look at the Hoover and Blackman game, Bad calls which I expected and Blackman got beat.

Very good post Barney!Maryvilles in state schedule is plenty hard enough.All they need is to schedule one of those teams and get a silly injury and hurt their chance at the main goal A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!

The way Blackman was robbed against Bowling Green was awful. Sorta like Maryville against Middlesboro your senior year.

Haven't we already covered this?

Agreed! Geeze, this comes up once a month!  All the wishers have to do is contribute enough to paid for it and I'll put in a word with the brass to see it happen.  All you folks wanting the Rebels to play out of state, send you donations to 825 Lawrence.  When the balance is enough, I'll speak to GQ! 

Agreed! Geeze, this comes up once a month! All the wishers have to do is contribute enough to paid for it and I'll put in a word with the brass to see it happen. All you folks wanting the Rebels to play out of state, send you donations to 825 Lawrence. When the balance is enough, I'll speak to GQ!

Well said OR2! These people are more concerned about who Maryville plays than who their own team plays. 😂

Because it serves no purpose.

Serves no purpose? I've been watching high school match ups on ESPN all week. Saw a team from Utah play a team from Florida, gets your kids exposure and a possible shot at a national title. Edited by QSouth89