Why doesn't maryville play other states top teams?

What Difference does that make to us ?? Did playing your " tough " schedule ever help you beat us ? Pitiful that a grown man is on here trying to create something negative about a team of High School kids .... just like your son and his teammates . When all you guys have went and played all these teams from all parts of the world it still didn't help you beat Maryville ... so you try to pretend Maryville is scared to play some team across that Magical State Line where all teams are formidable . Geez , I guess crossing that State Line is Like Kryptonite to Superman !! Give me a break Private school man , donate some money to Maryville for one of your dream match ups why don't you ?

Hey BHS ... Maryville scared ?? Where was your team last year ?? Or the year before ?? We were looking forward to a Rematch ... what happened ?? Scared of them Little Opies ?

Kryptonite comes in purple :) Whitehaven will be back once they get rid of passy from the bandwagon

What Difference does that make to us ?? Did playing your " tough " schedule ever help you beat us ? Pitiful that a grown man is on here trying to create something negative about a team of High School kids .... just like your son and his teammates . When all you guys have went and played all these teams from all parts of the world it still didn't help you beat Maryville ... so you try to pretend Maryville is scared to play some team across that Magical State Line where all teams are formidable . Geez , I guess crossing that State Line is Like Kryptonite to Superman !! Give me a break Private school man , donate some money to Maryville for one of your dream match ups why don't you ?

Hey BHS ... Maryville scared ?? Where was your team last year ?? Or the year before ?? We were looking forward to a Rematch ... what happened ?? Scared of them Little Opies ?

No one was trying to create or say anything negative I was talking about the exposure playing a ranked out of state team would give Maryville and possibly a national title. I don't care if they play out of state teams or not. Someone started a thread I gave my opinion and I've never once criticized Maryville. They run a first class program with great coaches and players. Instead of getting offended read what was said and not what you want out of it. But if it motivates you then so be it. By the way open zoned man, my son never played a game against Maryville in football, but he was raised to never back down from competition so I'm sure he would love to play against Maryville (can't speak for his teammates or coaches on that one though) so you're right playing a "tough" schedule would be irrelevant to you, it's only gotten him recruitment letters and visits from college coaches. Good luck this year. Edited by QSouth89

What Difference does that make to us ?? Did playing your " tough " schedule ever help you beat us ? Pitiful that a grown man is on here trying to create something negative about a team of High School kids ....  just like your son and his teammates . When all you guys have went and played all these teams from all parts of the world it still didn't help you beat Maryville ... so you try to pretend Maryville is scared to play some team across that Magical State Line where all teams are formidable . Geez , I guess crossing that State Line is Like Kryptonite to Superman !! Give me a break Private school man , donate some money to Maryville for one of your dream match ups why don't you ? 

pepvol,

you can deflect if you wish, but it is my contention that Maryville is AFRAID to travel or have someone come travel to play... The reason I'm sure I'm right is that there is always too much push back from ALL the Fans of the Red Dragon constantly trying to tell US (everyone else) why it doesn't make any sense to play a Big Travel game... The Money would be there, Yall are close to 4 Strong HS Football States not to mention Middle TN and KY, yet Maryville steady playing the SAME 9-12 teams on a rotating basis. #RebelChicken  

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

QS89 we ere playin' Alcoee and nashunally rainked Fultun on tv this yeer......Now hits knott ESPN err ESPN2....Butt hit's on Packervishun......And haivin' CB45 onn tha sideline maiks hitt bettur thain Packervishun imo...... :popcorneater:

http://www.wbir.com/story/sports/preps/2014/12/08/fulton-maryville-ranked-in-usa-today-super-25/20123671/

That Fulton game should be on ESPN, I wonder how do they select the teams for that? You guys play 7 region games and then your rival Alcoa, wouldn't be any reason to play an out of state team. Good luck this season. Edited by QSouth89

pepvol,

you can deflect if you wish, but it is my contention that Maryville is AFRAID to travel or have someone come travel to play... The reason I'm sure I'm right is that there is always too much push back from ALL the Fans of the Red Dragon constantly trying to tell US (everyone else) why it doesn't make any sense to play a Big Travel game... The Money would be there, Yall are close to 4 Strong HS Football States not to mention Middle TN and KY, yet Maryville steady playing the SAME 9-12 teams on a rotating basis. #RebelChicken  

Maryville has some how or another played in Every 6A State Championship Game ever played ... yet for some reason there's grown men on CoachT thinking that they have a better way to do things at Maryville ... The fact that you guys don't even realize how stupid you look thinking you know what's best for Maryville high School Football over Coach Quarles .... Good Lord this place cracks me up . I guess it's easy to call a team chicken when your team is already playing Basketball and watching Maryville win another Championship there BHS 

You played Alcoa, a team you've beaten consistently. Come on STARSNBARNS. I respect you too much bro.

LOL , I was just gonna shut up and not say anything but seriously ??? Every time we thumped Catholic .... Alcoa would have too ... I would respect you if you didn't just try to play Alcoa off like they were nothing .... If I were you I would dream of my School having as much success as that team you just so easily brushed aside . 

LOL , I was just gonna shut up and not say anything but seriously ??? Every time we thumped Catholic .... Alcoa would have too ... I would respect you if you didn't just try to play Alcoa off like they were nothing .... If I were you I would dream of my School having as much success as that team you just so easily brushed aside .

Not playing anyone off, I was referring to their TV matchup that someone else mentioned, but you need to have your voice heard and stir up some noise which is fine. And you're right Catholic is trying to build the success that Alcoa and Maryville have. Catholic's time in 5A wasn't a great experience two playoff appearances and two losing seasons. Edited by QSouth89

That Fulton game should be on ESPN, I wonder how do they select the teams for that? You guys play 7 region games and then your rival Alcoa, wouldn't be any reason to play an out of state team. Good luck this season.

I had heard during basketball season that when the particulars of the Maryville/Fulton series were getting finalized several media outlets were interested. I never heard the names.

Going out of State to play a ballgame against a team no one is familiar with or even heard of due to distance makes no since. 99.9 % of the fans wouldn't like it and most couldn't go if they wanted to.  Maryville has nothing to prove to someone setting on a chat board that has no life yelling their chicken. 

Going out of State to play a ballgame against a team no one is familiar with or even heard of due to distance makes no since. 99.9 % of the fans wouldn't like it and most couldn't go if they wanted to. Maryville has nothing to prove to someone setting on a chat board that has no life yelling their chicken.

I mentioned earlier that Catholic was going to Kentucky to play, we had no choice. When Webb cancelled, the Irish were scrambling to find a game and most teams schedules were already full. Belfry has played CAK the last few years so they called and wanted to play. I wasn't trying to disrespect Maryville just joining in the topic of conversation. Playing Fulton, Alcoa, and DB is tough enough. Edited by QSouth89