Private-public split will be bad for high school football

Macnarry

I believe that a private-public split will be bad for high school football in the state. The private schools would begin their own association and make their own rules. The result would then be chaos with the players being pawns in a battle to get them to play at their school.

The idea of winning a state championship is the goal of every team, but already has been watered down with several classifications. It is like summer ball when every kid gets a trophy for just being on the team.

If the privates do form their own association when would the timeline be for starting an association? Next year or when the new cycle starts?  I have a hard time believing the privates would accommodate the TSSAA and stay till the full split began. I know there has been talk on CoachT but is there a plan in place by the privates?  Have they been holding meetings to discuss an association?  have rules, and guidelines been pre-drafted?  This is better then Law And Order

Public schools are putting the cart before the horse. On average most (not all) do not support athletics at their prospective schools. The only money they(public schools) generate is when they play Private schools.

I believe this is what needs to happen to shut up those that are crying for the split. and in 2 years they start there own conference and bring in other states as well, Georgia, Alabama and Kentucky are planning the same split.

TSSAA may want the split. But, deep down inside. They are not ready for what will happen next

If the privates do form their own association when would the timeline be for starting an association? Next year or when the new cycle starts?  I have a hard time believing the privates would accommodate the TSSAA and stay till the full split began. I know there has been talk on CoachT but is there a plan in place by the privates?  Have they been holding meetings to discuss an association?  have rules, and guidelines been pre-drafted?  This is better then Law And Order

the privates always have a plan......T$$AA will not make a move until that group of master minds does a thuro study & review of the CoachT forum SME's

Booger just sayin silly-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

Public schools are putting the cart before the horse. On average most (not all) do not support athletics at their prospective schools. The only money they(public schools) generate is when they play Private schools.

thats because we want let parking fees at a ball game detour us from showing up to support our ball team

Booger just sayin smileys-car-driving-410647.gif

Public schools are putting the cart before the horse. On average most (not all) do not support athletics at their prospective schools. The only money they(public schools) generate is when they play Private schools.

/quote]

You have not been going to the right games. Ask "Booger" about the atmosphere and crowd ar Sequatchie (three wins in 14) last season.

Public schools are putting the cart before the horse. On average most (not all) do not support athletics at their prospective schools. The only money they(public schools) generate is when they play Private schools.

I believe this is what needs to happen to shut up those that are crying for the split. and in 2 years they start there own conference and bring in other states as well, Georgia, Alabama and Kentucky are planning the same split.

TSSAA may want the split. But, deep down inside. They are not ready for what will happen next

"The only money they(public schools) generate is when they play Private schools". I guess you have never attended a Acloa-Maryville, blackman-Oakland, Franklin-Breantwood, Trousdale-Macon, Or Giles-Marshall game have you? Lots of public schools do well on raising money, big gates and large concession sales.

/quote]

You have not been going to the right games. Ask "Booger" about the atmosphere and crowd ar Sequatchie (three wins in 14) last season.

no sir ree Indian; Booger dont do domestic squabblin, you handle your own spats......the pashin Booger nose of the valley peoples and their sports is just between us 2......Booger has his own cheap shots to take at the PUBS

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

"The only money they(public schools) generate is when they play Private schools". I guess you have never attended a Acloa-Maryville, blackman-Oakland, Franklin-Breantwood, Trousdale-Macon, Or Giles-Marshall game have you? Lots of public schools do well on raising money, big gates and large concession sales.

Booger thinkin Indianb said something like that first.......that being said........how many Smith County, McMinn County, Kingston, Maplewood, and even Heritage (who is next door) people you think traveled to Alcoa last season to fill the visitor stands....even Johnson County travelin down in the 1st round?......all them together would not match the Maryville crowd....those PUBS and those matchups are exceptions.....

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen: