Sequatchie Valley Jamboree

what coach was done wrong?

Well Ricky Ross, but that Moore man was done real wrong more recently.  I said when VictRoy left  it was temporary and he would surely want to keep his finger in the pie as long as he was roaming the halls of SP.  He saw the talent drop off coming and was interested in coaching softball for a few years and maybe testing the waters elsewhere. It was easy to see that he would be trouble after being shot down in Georgia. He always kept his fall back option open.  The situation got so bad he had to come back a little early though. No coach should have taken that job while Roy was still in the picture. RR was smart enough to see that early.

Edited by rikberry

Well Ricky Ross, but that Moore man was done real wrong more recently. I said when VictRoy left it was temporary and he would surely want to keep his finger in the pie as long as he was roaming the halls of SP. He saw the talent drop off coming and was interested in coaching softball for a few years and maybe testing the waters elsewhere. It was easy to see that he would be trouble after being shot down in Georgia. He always kept his fall back option open. The situation got so bad he had to come back a little early though. No coach should have taken that job while Roy was still in the picture. RR was smart enough to see that early.

lets make a couple things clear. Unless you are RR himself then the only story you know is what RR either told you or you heard from some other Jasperites. We here at SP have heard another version. The only folks that know 100% the truth are RIcky Ross and Vic Grider. The only other one that may know is Danny Wilson. Soooo.....we as fans and friends only know what we are told and I ain't joking when I say both of us only heard what they wanted us to hear. Ross is a great coach and seems like a nice guy, but I don't like the way things went down. Not so much how it was handled by the administration and Ross, but how Ross had all the kids excited and buying in before practices even began, yet when he left, nothing was even said to those kids by him. Say what you want, but Ross is just as to blame as Vic. Btw, how odd is it that the process was delayed to be at SP, yet one year later, the process was done in a day to get him at he county seat where his wife happened to be an alumni. Regardless if Jasper mercy rules SP again, there is one thing that is certain. When our kids, our school, our community, needs a guy to step up and mentor and love the school, we can and will ALWAYS be able to rely on Vic Grider. Ross will not stay in Jasper as a coach for as long as Vic has stayed. Yeah, if Cohutta Creek would have worked out for Vic he wouldn't be here, but you can't blame a man for wanted to better himself and family financially especially when his daughter will be going to college soon. Trust me, after the $80,000 (not all on paper) Ross is being paid goes away, or some school in Georgia offers $100,000, he will go too. I have lots of friends in Jasper and I respect all of you, but don't pretend to know what you really don't. Remember, we all only know what we are told.

lets make a couple things clear. Unless you are RR himself then the only story you know is what RR either told you or you heard from some other Jasperites. We here at SP have heard another version. The only folks that know 100% the truth are RIcky Ross and Vic Grider. The only other one that may know is Danny Wilson. Soooo.....we as fans and friends only know what we are told and I ain't joking when I say both of us only heard what they wanted us to hear. Ross is a great coach and seems like a nice guy, but I don't like the way things went down. Not so much how it was handled by the administration and Ross, but how Ross had all the kids excited and buying in before practices even began, yet when he left, nothing was even said to those kids by him. Say what you want, but Ross is just as to blame as Vic. Btw, how odd is it that the process was delayed to be at SP, yet one year later, the process was done in a day to get him at he county seat where his wife happened to be an alumni. Regardless if Jasper mercy rules SP again, there is one thing that is certain. When our kids, our school, our community, needs a guy to step up and mentor and love the school, we can and will ALWAYS be able to rely on Vic Grider. Ross will not stay in Jasper as a coach for as long as Vic has stayed. Yeah, if Cohutta Creek would have worked out for Vic he wouldn't be here, but you can't blame a man for wanted to better himself and family financially especially when his daughter will be going to college soon. Trust me, after the $80,000 (not all on paper) Ross is being paid goes away, or some school in Georgia offers $100,000, he will go too. I have lots of friends in Jasper and I respect all of you, but don't pretend to know what you really don't. Remember, we all only know what we are told.

Aren't job interviews recorded to support and document conversations, negotiations and expectations?

True there are always 2 sides to a story and I hear the one I am closest too. Vic can deny this all he wants but a phone call was made to him saying he wanted to come and talk to the kids personally about the situation. Vic said no. I can understand Vic not wanting him to after all went down. There was someone else present during talks and it was a police officer. That's all I will say on that. I don't think Ricky stays coaching here long because he is going to get opportunities at better paying schools no doubt and I wouldn't blame a man for wanting to better himself. Trust me he isn't getting 80k lol. Also it took some time to get him in. A certain SP school board member blocked it lol. Also Ross was making in the 80's range as a DC at Mary Persons when he came here.

Edited by PurplePower68

maybe those are I don't know I never been in one.

Yes it was recorded! Remember how guilty poor old Pirate Nation was in "Paintgate" and all them  fellers north of the skating ring knew who done it..... well I think everyone knows how that turned out.  There is something to be said about Loyalty it goes hand in hand with a winning program... things a little bit down now but they will turn back south soon enough. You know we get a little spoiled just as Jasper has in the past but for one of the smallest schools in the State we do ok!

Edited by team69

Yes it was recorded! Remember how guilty poor old Pirate Nation was in "Paintgate" and all them  fellers north of the skating ring knew who done it..... well I think everyone knows how that turned out. 

Funny you should say that. About as guilty as pirate nation, or victory, or the chief was for turning the light out last year. Thing is, I heard a prominent person say it was going to happen if we got a big lead but I just blew it off thinking surely not. It sure was funny how the home locker room, had power but the visitors didn't. I guess the pirated should have slipped out under the lights.

The truth is that there was documentation (emails, some learned are not always private not unlike ole Hillary)  and when some of the skillet heads went in to demand that RR not be hired by MC they backed down when they found out that the details of their dealings with RR would become public knowledge if they insisted on pressing their case. 

Edited by rikberry
  • Upvote 1

The truth is that there was documentation (emails, some learned are not always private not unlike ole Hillary)  and when some of the skillet heads went in to demand that RR not be hired by MC they backed down when they found out that the details of their dealings with RR would become public knowledge if they insisted on pressing their case. 

Funny you should say that. About as guilty as pirate nation, or victory, or the chief was for turning the light out last year. Thing is, I heard a prominent person say it was going to happen if we got a big lead but I just blew it off thinking surely not. It sure was funny how the home locker room, had power but the visitors didn't. I guess the pirated should have slipped out under the lights.

Prominent person in South Pittsburg?  Who did you hear that from Roy?

The truth is that there was documentation (emails, some learned are not always private not unlike ole Hillary) and when some of the skillet heads went in to demand that RR not be hired by MC they backed down when they found out that the details of their dealings with RR would become public knowledge if they insisted on pressing their case.

..... Edited by TheBlackPearl

prominent person ? I'm calling you out on this one. Prove it! You can't ! You know what that makes you?