Oak Ridge at Dobyns-Bennett

hincke2000

It goes both ways ... I said before only 2 calls that I am (crying about ) two very bad missed calls in a row (late hits that were clearly late -one being a foot out of bounds on QB that was on his knees)... Anyways this was a game to remember and a oak ridge vs DB rivalry game at its best !!! Both teams will grow from this game !! Congrats again wildcats

Cant believe so many DB fans crying about refs.Oak Ridge never trailed.From how much of game Ive already watched again refs blew a lot of big calls that hurt Oak Ridge.Oak Ri.

It's going to be a long year for Gilligan and the Tribe. New conference, new defensive coach,all means some hard thought up one- liners.

Don't think so.Other then Maryville,a lot of the 6A teams couldn't pull a greasy string out of a cats azz.Oak Ridge and SC are not even in the region. HV might give DB a game.As I've posted already,had Maryviile not moved to 6A,this region would be a total joke.

Yep the Zebras were awful on both sides of the ball, D-B was holding Tee (no.5) all night. But I would have held him too. My question is what happened on the OR punt when interference was called? From my side, I was on the 30 yard line in the baseball outfield, it looked like we weren't near the punt receivers and they ran in to each other, the ball hit one of them in the head, D-B had more penalties, but they were your refs. And they were awful! Great game by both sides, we won but I still hated the drive home. Another highlight, we ate at a place called "Sloopys" good food and a fun place. I'll go back in two years if I'll still around.

Oh... and Tee Higgins, Jordan Dunbar and Kyndall Clark got the Wildcat Whoop Azz shirts for the best game!

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL 

Edited by bounder

Yep the Zebras were awful on both sides of the ball, D-B was holding Tee (no.5) all night. But I would have held him too. My question is what happened on the OR punt when interference was called? From my side, I was on the 30 yard line in the baseball outfield, it looked like we weren't near the punt receivers and they ran in to each other, the ball hit one of them in the head, D-B had more penalties, but they were your refs. And they were awful! Great game by both sides, we won but I still hated the drive home. Another highlight, we ate at a place called "Sloopys" good food and a fun place. I'll go back in two years if I'll still around.

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Your right. That was a bad call by the refs. It wasn't interference. But on DB's very next play they brought back a pass reception on a holding play that equaled to a 45 yard penalty. I guess they figured they would equal things out.

ps: they weren't our refs. If we could choose our own refs I would of been one of the crew.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Anyone have game stats ....?

12 penalties for 125 yards against DB. That's the only stat you need to worry about. After last weeks game with no penalties I thought DB had finally broken tradition and figured out the rules of the game. I guess not. The refs were not very good last night for either team but DB could of cut their penalties in half and it still wouldn't be anything to brag about. They will never get back to winning 9 or 10 games a season if they can't do a better job of coaching the rules of the game. It's embarrassing.

Discipline is the name of the game just like you/everyone discussed on here last year so much !!!!

12 penalties for 125 yards against DB. That's the only stat you need to worry about. After last weeks game with no penalties I thought DB had finally broken tradition and figured out the rules of the game. I guess not. The refs were not very good last night for either team but DB could of cut their penalties in half and it still wouldn't be anything to brag about. They will never get back to winning 9 or 10 games a season if they can't do a better job of coaching the rules of the game. It's embarrassing.

It's just a shame they don't use the game plan of throwing to 5 and 9 every other play. I'd like to see a slant across the middle to Middleton about every other play. He laid a couple of good licks last night on defense, so did Tee for that matter. A lot of hard hits by both teams last night, glad I was in the stands.

And I'd like to see WaCoJaCo as a zebra that'd be a real HOOT!!

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Edited by bounder

Chances are really good that you will see some things this week that didn't happen against TH.False starts and holding penalites will always come against a big and quick front.Really so on the outside if your tackles are a step slow when a good end makes a quick move.It's hard not to try and leave early or say f it and grab them.Sevier County has holding down to an art,but it's not holding of it's not called.

The TH game was out of character for DB as far as penalities and I knew it.during the Greeneville scrimmage a bunch of stuff could have been called and I thought maybe someone had seen that and really must have done a great job before the TH game.In this post a few days ago however,I wasn't counting on it.